CBRE Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 18, 2014
182 interviews

2.7

Strategic Sourcing Manager Interview

Fairly typical sequence in terms of initial HR contact/phone interview; scheduling of additional phone interviews (due to job location being geographically separate from interviewers) and final in-person interview with hiring manager. Breakdown:

--After applying on-line, I was contacted next day by an internal recruiter and scheduled a phone screen with that individual.
    --Upon successful completion of phone screen, I was scheduled with two peer-level, subject matter colleagues to discuss technical knowledge, accomplishments, etc.
    --After second phone interview, I was scheduled with a more senior subject matter expert.
    --Phone interview with hiring manager to establish more cultural fit, client needs, fit with the client team, etc.
    --Final step was a brief, in-person meeting with the hiring manager.

Overall, good questions, good process.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest thing as a client account assignment was trying to translate those things I had previously done. But overall, nothing that I couldn't address appropriately.   Answer Question

Building Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at CBRE.

Set up for the interview through a recruiting agency conference. Second interview of the day out of five and found it to be the most enjoyable, interviewer did really well at setting the tone of the interview and asked the best questions that I think directly relate to the job.

Interview Questions
    • Situation question involving how I would prioritize different issues related to the job arising at the same time. "If the president of the company were giving a speech in one room and complained that the room was too warm, at the same time one of the main cooling towers developed major issues, also while one of the toilets began flooding a bathroom on one of the floors. Where would you begin? How would you prioritize this situation?"   Answer Question

I didn't really "decline" the recruiting agency that I was working with pushed other offers because they were ready to get me started asap and didn't seem interested in letting me follow up with CBRE.

Real Estate Accountant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CBRE in May 2012.

CBRE hires through Accountemps, cold calling off Monster/job boards, and applications. I was cold-called.

First is your typical phone-screen. Nothing tricky. Then you're invited in to an interview with who'll probably be your primary supervisor and another supervisor or above. For my position they asked the basic accounting questions, name a difficult experience, blah blah blah.

For REA, they did go "Well we don't expect you to know this, but what can you tell us about CAM?", which is Common Area Maintenance. I'd already interviewed for property accountant at another location, so the answer was easy.

Then you go take a computer test about your knowledge of Excel and basic accounting concepts. It's pretty simple.

If you pass that, then you get connected with their terrible, terrible contractor for backgrounds. They are horrible. They won't call some of your listings, they'll forgot to tell you when your drug test is, and whatnot. I found it's just easier to call your recruiter and work around the contractor.

Interview Questions
    Not much of one. I should have held out a bit to get another grand or two, but I wanted out of my at-the-time employer.

Accountant Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at CBRE.

The initial interview process starts with a phone interview, followed by 2 in the office interviews. There will be general accounting questions in the phone interview and computerized tests in the in office interview. Excel, word, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Basic "STAR" interview question process. Not really any difficult questions.   View Answer
    They made an offer, I countered with an added $2,000 on top of what they offered, referred to my experience, education, etc. they agreed.

Graphic Designer for Capital Markets Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at CBRE.

I have a friend in the Capital Markets team (made up of 7 people) who passed my resume on to the hiring manager. I spoke with hiring manager initially over the phone. She said she was impressed with me/wanted to meet me, so then I was called in for an interview with her and 2 other people. Interview went well, they also had me take 2 tests - a 30 minute InDesign test on a PC and a proofing/grammar test. I hand wrote thank you notes to all 3 of the women and followed up with the hiring manager and never heard back. Not even a "thank you for your interest, but we went with someone else." Very rude considering how small their team is and my direct contact is on their team.

Wheel Program Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Greenwood Village, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CBRE in March 2013.

The application was online like many large companies, long lag between application submission and email to interview.

My interview was web conducted through Taketheinterview.com. The format of the interview was very challenging. You click to have the question appear, you had 60-90 seconds to read the question and think of a response. Then automatically it would begin recording your response to the question (both video and audio). After 60-90 second depending on the question, it would automatically stop. Click to go to the next question. There were around 12 questions to the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The question types were mixed, some straight forward: why do you feel qualified for the Wheel Program. Others were more behavioral and "tell me a time" based. Usually focusing on challenges you have overcome, or times you have failed. There was also a question about ethics.   Answer Question

Assistant Real Estate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Northridge, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at CBRE in May 2013.

I am only temp. There wasn't an interview process

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask me any questions. I was recommended for this position from another temp position that I was doing at another building for CBRE.   Answer Question

Transaction Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CBRE.

I had a first meet for a positioning that was opening in the late summer. The interview went well and was very conversational but the clients needs changed so the position is on hold.

Junior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Upon arrival I was given 2 tests. 25mins/test. first test was an intermediate accounting test and the next one was for use/excise tax test. mainly related to leasing. I couldn't get to the second one.
    Qs asked: What was your most & Least favorite part of your last job.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was fairly easy. Just relax and enjoy yourself. The interviewer was very polite and explained everything related to the business first to break the ice. Don't quite remember a lot of questions but these two I remember.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at CBRE.

Phone interview with the hiring manager and on-site interview.