CBRE

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Real Estate Accountant Interview

Real Estate Accountant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CBRE in May 2012.

Interview Details – CBRE hires through Accountemps, cold calling off Monster/job boards, and applications. I was cold-called.

First is your typical phone-screen. Nothing tricky. Then you're invited in to an interview with who'll probably be your primary supervisor and another supervisor or above. For my position they asked the basic accounting questions, name a difficult experience, blah blah blah.

For REA, they did go "Well we don't expect you to know this, but what can you tell us about CAM?", which is Common Area Maintenance. I'd already interviewed for property accountant at another location, so the answer was easy.

Then you go take a computer test about your knowledge of Excel and basic accounting concepts. It's pretty simple.

If you pass that, then you get connected with their terrible, terrible contractor for backgrounds. They are horrible. They won't call some of your listings, they'll forgot to tell you when your drug test is, and whatnot. I found it's just easier to call your recruiter and work around the contractor.

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Not much of one. I should have held out a bit to get another grand or two, but I wanted out of my at-the-time employer.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at CBRE

Worked for CBRE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CBRE Real Estate Accountant interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by CBRE employees and interview candidates.