CBRE

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CBRE in April 2009.

Interview Details – I had a total of a phone interview and an in-person interview. The person interviewing me seemed to want to scare me away instead of being realistic about job expectations. About 2 months later, I got contacted to get an offer.

Interview Question – Questions were very standard.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CBRE in September 2012.

Interview Details – They advertised the position on Craigslist and I was called and prescreened a week after I submitted my resume and then was called in for a face-to-face interview.
I was Interviewed at 11 Stanwix Street Pittsburgh CBRE offices.
 The interview started out well but took a turn for the worse.
My interviewer actually told me he thought I would not be "happy" or "fulfilled" with the position because of my personal interests or because the position will not “challenge me”. Seriously how condescending is that? He did not say I was unqualified or not right for the position just that my personal life might be put in jeopardy. It had to be the most emotionally draining interview of my life. He digs for information by telling personal stories about himself then says your to vibrant for an office position. Sorry I am not a worker drone. I would have been fine with a "we feel you are not the right candidate for this position" but to say that they are worried about me is ridiculous and unprofessional.

My advice to my interviewer is to stop treating candidates like mindless children and keep the interview professional. I regret not challenging him in person when he began coddling me like a infant. He actually walked me to the elevator! I should have given him some tips on how to interview a grown up woman then!

Interview Question – No questions besides where do you see yourself in the future. He stated that he would like to asked questions instead so he can a assess your personality.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CBRE in February 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with one of the HR associates. My interview process was positive. I was told that I should receive a call within a week should I be selected for a second interview. It's been about 2 days since the initial interview.

Interview Question – What are your career expectations?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at CBRE

Worked for CBRE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CBRE Real Estate Services Coordinator interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by CBRE employees and interview candidates.