CBRE Wheel Program Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2015

3.2

Wheel Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

There was a first round phone screen. Then there was an interview in their New York office. Both of the interviews were straightforward with no surprises. Essentially as you would expect interview to go where most of the concern was about fit and enthusiasm for the field and company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CBRE

Wheel Program Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CBRE in November 2014.

Interview

Filled out initial online application. Received an invite to take a video-submission based interview. With this, there were 8 behavioral questions. They were a lot tougher than the other interviews I had done, more obscure. You had 30 seconds to read the question and come up with a scenario, and 2 minutes to answer the questions. Personally, I wasn't asked any questions about the company itself, but they did ask me a question about my commercial real estate experience. They included one question on ethics as well.

Interview Questions

• What was an ethical dilemma you have faced in the workplace? How did your supervisor react to the situation? How did your actions affect the company as a whole?   Answer Question

Wheel Program Interview

Interview

Interviewed with groups of two

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at CBRE (New York, NY).

Interview

When I applied for the position I was given an email to with a video to take the interview. Each question is timed for about 60-120 seconds. Make sure you get to the point in your response! You also have two shots at taking the interview online for the first one can be a trial run.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for CBRE?Make sure you got your response and can speak about it for 3 minutes because that is all you get.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CBRE (Greenwood Village, CO) in March 2013.

Interview

The application was online like many large companies, long lag between application submission and email to interview. My interview was web conducted through Taketheinterview.com. The format of the interview was very challenging. You click to have the question appear, you had 60-90 seconds to read the question and think of a response. Then automatically it would begin recording your response to the question (both video and audio). After 60-90 second depending on the question, it would automatically stop. Click to go to the next question. There were around 12 questions to the interview.

Interview Questions

• The question types were mixed, some straight forward: why do you feel qualified for the Wheel Program. Others were more behavioral and "tell me a time" based. Usually focusing on challenges you have overcome, or times you have failed. There was also a question about ethics.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CBRE (Dallas, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

1st round of interviews on a college campus, more of a get to know you and your background session. General questions about interest in and commitment to commercial real estate. Also, the typical "give me a scenario where..." type questions. "How risky would you say you are, financially?"

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CBRE (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

I was referred to the program through a current employee. The interview consisted of a phone interview followed up by a 1 on 1 interview a month later. Everyone I met with was friendly and helpful. They also expressed how competitive the program was.

Wheel Program Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

Phone Interview then in- office interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to persuade someone of something   Answer Question