CBS Corp Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.7

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CBS Corp (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied initially through LinkedIn over a weekend. Got a call first thing on Monday from a CBS recruiter, who seemed nice and responsive at first. Then I was asked to come in on Thursday to interview with 3 people, who would make a decision. I wanted to come in the following week due to planned travel, however, the recruiter demanded that I come in Thursday and I adjusted my travel schedule to make the interview appointment. The VP informed me that they had two other candidates and I should hear back within a couple weeks. Feedback immediately following the interview was very positive. I followed up and left a message with the recruiter at the end of those two weeks and never heard anything back. That was very unprofessional of the recruiter never to follow-up and leaves me with a bad impression of CBS. CBS does not reimburse travel expenses for interviews either. I have taken a position elsewhere and after speaking with people from PwC who worked with CBS, they told me to consider it a blessing that I did not end up working there.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CBS Corp (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Quick response after resume submission. However, it all went downhill from there. Had a successful first round interview and was invited back to round 2. Was told I should hear something back within a week..........2 weeks later I reach out to the recruiter to be told they were still interviewing candidates (even though I was previously told they had selected their final 3 and would make a decision). Recruiter said he would let me know within a few days...........A month later still no word. I think it is extremely rude that such a recognized company seems to have no regard or respect for a candidate's time and effort. I understand we are all busy, but the least you can do is let someone know if they got the position or not.

Tax Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CBS Corp.

Interview

start as an intern, two rounds of interview, long background check by HR. they like hiring people referred by current employees, they love recruiting from various universities, interview is short but done by multiple people, salary is good and within the market range but had to negotiate

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CBS Corp (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Panel Interview in NYC office with VP of Infrastructure, Director of Windows Servers, and Manager of Showtime Desktop Support along with Video Conference with Manager of CBS Desktop Support and Director of Desktop Support

Interview Questions

• What are some industry trends you are aware of when it comes to Technology   1 Answer

Tax Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CBS Corp.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call for an interview in about a week. Got interview by three people one on one. Received an offer a month later. The whole process took a little over a month.

Management (Entry-level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Interview

Pretty decent

Interview Questions

Negotiation

great

Strategic Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CBS Corp (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted my resume online. Had an initial call with HR recruiter who recommended me for the position. Came in and met with three people from the team in person.

IT Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at CBS Corp (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

Sent my resume and about a week later I got an email message asking to set up a telephone interview. I was interviewed by a manager based in LA. He said I had a great resume and proceeded to ask me some questions about my work experience. At the end of the phone interview he said he would call me with his boss in "a couple of days," but the call never came. When I sent him an email asking when or if there would be a second call, he did not respond. Oh well, it really is their loss because just one week later I got an offer making 30% more without the need to relocate.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CBS Corp (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

started with phone screening with HR. got invited to speak with senior analyst and a manager. ask me only 2 questions. tell me about yourself and something else. everything was conversational. got invited again to speak with the director yeseterday. now waiting for their decision.

IT Administrative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CBS Corp in April 2010.

Interview

I was taken on a tour of the facility. We sat down to interview for about 40 minutes. We discussed the job requirements as well as my previous experience. Then we shared some stories relevant to the job and questions that we were discussing. The whole process was very casual and relaxed.