CBS Corp Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014
11 interviews

2.8

Tax Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at CBS Corp.

start as an intern, two rounds of interview, long background check by HR. they like hiring people referred by current employees, they love recruiting from various universities, interview is short but done by multiple people, salary is good and within the market range but had to negotiate

Tax Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CBS Corp.

Applied online. Got a call for an interview in about a week. Got interview by three people one on one. Received an offer a month later. The whole process took a little over a month.

Management (Entry-level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Pretty decent

great

Strategic Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at CBS Corp.

Submitted my resume online. Had an initial call with HR recruiter who recommended me for the position. Came in and met with three people from the team in person.

IT Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CBS Corp in November 2012.

Sent my resume and about a week later I got an email message asking to set up a telephone interview. I was interviewed by a manager based in LA. He said I had a great resume and proceeded to ask me some questions about my work experience. At the end of the phone interview he said he would call me with his boss in "a couple of days," but the call never came. When I sent him an email asking when or if there would be a second call, he did not respond. Oh well, it really is their loss because just one week later I got an offer making 30% more without the need to relocate.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at CBS Corp in March 2012.

started with phone screening with HR. got invited to speak with senior analyst and a manager. ask me only 2 questions. tell me about yourself and something else. everything was conversational. got invited again to speak with the director yeseterday. now waiting for their decision.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CBS Corp in June 2009.

The interview process was pretty smooth and fairly quick. The people were down to earth.

Summer Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at CBS Corp.

I saw this job posting to the mail list of my school. I submitted the application via university career system. Got the interview the next week. The interview was held on campus with Hiring Manager and VP. Basically talked about my experience, drew flow charts on the whiteboard, explain some projects that relavant to data mining. Interviewers are nice, friendly, and professional.

Interview Questions
    • - Drew flow charts, and change flow charts according to interviewers' assumptions.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Vice President Global Information Security Operations Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at CBS Corp in February 2012.

Was called to interview. Did a combination of in person and on the phone interviews. Environment was very collaborative and friendly. Insightful and interesting questions. Very professionally handled, even provided a temporary office for the day so that I could have space for myself in between interviews.

Studio Technician Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CBS Corp in April 2011.

When we first talked on the phone, she kept repeating how much she LOVED my resume and wanted me to come in. She and her partner were going to be doing the hiring. It was my best interview ever! They were very nice. I felt like I belonged there. I felt like I could learn a lot from her. They did not ask me a lot of questions at all. They just reviewed my resume. Went over my experience. After the interview was over she basically gave me a wink and said I was on top of the list and that they will be contacting me VERY soon. They will be making a very fast decision. I just knew I had it.

After that day everything turned very passive and unprofessional. After a week 1/2, I called her and she said she was in a meeting and that the hiring process was taking longer than she thought. She said human resources was giving her a hard time with paper work. Ok, I'm like well maybe I have some competition. Ok, thats fine. I just wanna know if I got it.

Then some hours later she called me back and ask for references that I had sent her the day of the interview (which was a week 1/2 before). I thought that was strange. After that I waited another week 1/2 and followed up with an email. She avoided ALL of my follow-ups after the reference phone call.

After a month, I just ended my pursuit with ANOTHER thank you note. All I wanted to know was if I was hired. I also wanted to know what I could have done better because I thought everything went great. She led me to believe that I had that job. Of all of my MANY interviews, I learned the most from this one. It taught me that sometimes its NOT you. Sometimes its them.

Interview Questions

Worked for CBS Corp? Contribute to the Community!