CBS Interactive

56 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

UI Designer Interview

UI Designer

I applied in-person and interviewed at CBS Interactive.

Interview Details – I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CBS Interactive in August 2012.

Interview Details – Super communicative HR hiring manager. I received updates weekly and they let me know that I had a good chance of getting the position. Negotiating was the next possible step. HR definitely like personality- so just be yourself!

Interview Question – What is your favorite brand and why?

Interview Question – Wasn't really anything that difficult asked in my interview   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CBS Interactive in March 2013.

Interview Details – Experienced and in person interview as well as a Skype and video call interview with two other members of the tea,. Was asked typical questions, my interviewer (future boss) was most concerned with how we worked together and out temperaments. Obviously there was a focus on work ethic and such, but there was a focus on our interaction,

Interview Question – How do you handle working in a group where someone is not performing? What do you think your largest struggle is struggle is? How do you respond to criticism?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was sent an offer letter through email and accepted.

Network Product Marketing Intern Interview Interview

Network Product Marketing Intern Interview
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at CBS Interactive in March 2013.

Interview Details – Had 2 rounds of interviews with the team. They were interested in how familiar I was with their websites and products, rather than my past experience. One of the interviewers was more focused on the SEO knowledge of a candidate.

Interview Question – What do you know about ______ (their websites)?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Account Coordinator

Interviewed at CBS Interactive

Interview Details – I applied for the position and received an impromptu phone interview the next day. The interview was very casual and conversational. It took 3 weeks to schedule an on-site. After a few weeks I was offered the position. Interview process takes a while. Would be good to have other companies in mind.

Interview Question – Just be prepared to share you experience and to answer behavioral questions   Answer Question

Senior Motion Graphics Designer Interview

Senior Motion Graphics Designer
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CBS Interactive in January 2014.

Interview Details – I had my first phone interview with the HR. She was very thorough and had arranged another phone interview with the creative director. After that, the creative director had an 1:1 interview with me. I showed him my boards and reels with detailed explanation of project involvement and the type of softwares I used. Few days after, I met with the VP and the HR manager. They went over my salary expectation and how I see myself growing in the company. It was overall a great experience.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Site Producer Interview

Site Producer
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CBS Interactive in March 2012.

Interview Details – 4 phone interviews. Started with recruiter to company leader. Met with direct supervisor before hiring.

Interview Question – what will you contribute to the team?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wish I negotiated more instead of automatically accepting

Account Coordinator Interview

Account Coordinator

Interview Question – What is your favorite brand and why?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Louisville, KY

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CBS Interactive in May 2010.

Interview Details – My interview was pretty laid back. I was asked a few general programming questions and general interview style questions (i.e., Where do you see yourself in 5 years). No coding questions were asked.

Negotiation Details – Wasn't really given a chance to negotiate. It was essentially a take it or leave it situation.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CBS Interactive in February 2012.

Interview Details – Volt Temporary did inital screen and set up interview.

Interview Question – Meeting quota with bad leads not qualified for contacting.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CBS Interactive in January 2009.

Interview Details – Was called in 2x for face to face interviews. Pretty straight forward questions about the company & what I knew about their history. Also asked time management & detail skills.

Interview Question – How is Chowhound & Yelp different & why?   Answer Question

Worked for CBS Interactive? Contribute to the Community!