Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at CBS Interactive
- Account Coordinator (11)
- Software Engineer (6)
- Intern (6)
- Associate Software Engineer (3)
- Software Engineer Intern (2)
- Publicist (2)
- Research Analyst (2)
- Sales Assistant (1)
- User Experience Architect (1)
- Director Product Marketing (1)
- Technical Producer (1)
- Business Intelligence Analyst (1)
- Coordinator, Client Services (1)
- Site Producer (1)
- Web Development Intern (1)
- Senior Motion Graphics Designer (1)
- IOS Engineer (1)
- Mobil GUI Designer (1)
- Interactive Design Intern (1)
- Senior RIA Developer and Technical Project Architect (1)
- RDP Programmer (1)
- Senior Credit and Collections Analyst (1)
- Ad Traffic Coordinator- Carlsba Office (1)
- Associate Partner Manager Intern (1)
- Network Product Marketing Intern (1)
- Network Product Marketing Intern Interview (1)
- Executive Assistant (1)
- Web Producer (1)
- Senior Product Manager (1)
- Producer (1)
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (Bridgewater, NJ) in May 2015.
Two rounds .First round was a telephonic .Was asked questions about linux command and web technologies.was also asked http codes and MVC architecture. The second round was a video conference round and was first asked to display and explain the web portal which I created and also explain the in detail the web services used for the application development. Received the result same day in the evening.The manager mentioned by pay and the travel allowance I would be getting. Overall the interview was very smooth and the whole process was over within a day
- top command in linux http codes servlets responseredirect Answer Question
Helpful (2)No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.
It took about a few weeks to get a call back from CBSi and I passed the first round interview which was a phone one. Then I got invited to go on site for the 2nd interview it. It was alot of questions getting to know you and some things like why CBSi? Some behavioral questions too.
- Why you pick your major? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CBS Interactive.
He asked some general questions such as, what did i learn from machine learning course, and what kinds of track i am more interested in. I have not got any reply from the team lead about the plausibility of summer internship.
- What did you learn from machine learning course? Answer Question
Helpful (5)Accepted OfferPositive Experience
I first had a really quick phone interview going over the details of my resume with the hiring manager. I was then invited to come on-site in San Francisco for the second-round. I talked with the hiring manager about some of the tasks that I would have to do over the summer. I also talked with 2 other members on the team.
- They were all behavioral questions. Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive.
Quick and easy interview process; one call with recruiter and then an in-person interview to meet the team managers. Everyone is extremely nice and it's a lot of "why CBSi," what properties of CBSi's interest you and why," etc. If you actually like a lot of the CBSi properties, great. If not, then just spend a few hours researching them and you'll do fine.
- Not a lot of difficult questions. Just have good reason for why you would like to work here and what your goals are. Answer Question
Don't take the first offer in terms of salary, they low ball.
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative Experience
I applied in-person. I interviewed at CBS Interactive.
I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CBS Interactive in August 2012. Interview Details – Super communicative HR hiring manager. I received updates weekly and they let me know that I had a good chance of getting the position. Negotiating was the next possible step. HR definitely like personality- so just be yourself! Interview Question – What is your favorite brand and why?
- Wasn't really anything that difficult asked in my interview Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (New York, NY) in April 2014.
Average in difficulty and was thorough in their selection. I would look to apply again in the future as I have heard positive reviews from current employees. Recruiter even prepped me to call on time as the Manager looks for that. I don't think he should prep to that extent
- Weaknesses Answer Question
- Accepted Offer
I applied for the position and received an impromptu phone interview the next day. The interview was very casual and conversational. It took 3 weeks to schedule an on-site. After a few weeks I was offered the position. Interview process takes a while. Would be good to have other companies in mind.
- Just be prepared to share you experience and to answer behavioral questions Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.
It was easy, but I knew someone at the company. If you want a job quickly you should network with current employees and have them refer you because they take referrals seriously.
- What is your biggest weakness Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.
Got a phone call about talking about myself and my projects. Got a follow up interview asking about basic data structures and algorithms. After that, got a call from HR detailing my offer for my internship and what to expect on the first day.
- Questions about operating systems, binary search, and arrays. Answer Question
fixed rate non-negotiable
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review