CBS Interactive Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.8

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBS Interactive.

Quick and easy interview process; one call with recruiter and then an in-person interview to meet the team managers. Everyone is extremely nice and it's a lot of "why CBSi," what properties of CBSi's interest you and why," etc. If you actually like a lot of the CBSi properties, great. If not, then just spend a few hours researching them and you'll do fine.

Interview Questions
    • Not a lot of difficult questions. Just have good reason for why you would like to work here and what your goals are.   Answer Question
    Don't take the first offer in terms of salary, they low ball.

Intern Interview

I first had a really quick phone interview going over the details of my resume with the hiring manager. I was then invited to come on-site in San Francisco for the second-round. I talked with the hiring manager about some of the tasks that I would have to do over the summer. I also talked with 2 other members on the team.

UI Designer Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at CBS Interactive.

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CBS Interactive in August 2012.

Interview Details – Super communicative HR hiring manager. I received updates weekly and they let me know that I had a good chance of getting the position. Negotiating was the next possible step. HR definitely like personality- so just be yourself!

Interview Question – What is your favorite brand and why?

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't really anything that difficult asked in my interview   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied for the position and received an impromptu phone interview the next day. The interview was very casual and conversational. It took 3 weeks to schedule an on-site. After a few weeks I was offered the position. Interview process takes a while. Would be good to have other companies in mind.

Interview Questions
    • Just be prepared to share you experience and to answer behavioral questions   Answer Question

Senior Motion Graphics Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CBS Interactive in January 2014.

I had my first phone interview with the HR. She was very thorough and had arranged another phone interview with the creative director. After that, the creative director had an 1:1 interview with me. I showed him my boards and reels with detailed explanation of project involvement and the type of softwares I used. Few days after, I met with the VP and the HR manager. They went over my salary expectation and how I see myself growing in the company. It was overall a great experience.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Three half-hour Skype interviews: First was mostly general concepts and logic questions. Second was a coding/algorithm design problem. Third was resume discussion and personality questions.

Interview Questions
    • The coding question was the most difficult, but it wasn't too bad. I came up with a solution that worked but could have been more efficient.   Answer Question

Associate Technical Editor Interview

Initial communication through HR rep, followed by Interview by dept head. Afterwards, offer and negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly standard - the particulars of this job called for an uncommon blend of experience, so combining that information was a challenge.   Answer Question
    base offer was 33% less than i wanted. negotiation resulted in my gaining nearly all of that difference.

Web Producer Interview

old fashioned written news test

friendly

Systems Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBS Interactive.

I spoke to the recruiter at my job fair on February and heard back from HR within a month. The phone interview was a mix of behavioral and technical questions that were relatively straightforward( ie: four principals of oo design, basic java syntax, etc). The recruiter made it clear that he was impressed and insisted that he and HR will be getting in touch with me soon. I never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Name a strength of yours that your feel will ultimately become a weakness.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CBS Interactive.

I had one phone screen which was just asking about my interest and took 15 minutes. Then I went to the Portland office to do the interview. There were three people interviewing me. First one was a coding interview with very common coding questions such as designing stack and queue. How to reverse string and so on. Second was general question about their current problem. Third interview was with manager and it was behavioral questions.