CBS Interactive Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.8

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

It took about a few weeks to get a call back from CBSi and I passed the first round interview which was a phone one. Then I got invited to go on site for the 2nd interview it. It was alot of questions getting to know you and some things like why CBSi? Some behavioral questions too.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CBS Interactive.

Interview

He asked some general questions such as, what did i learn from machine learning course, and what kinds of track i am more interested in. I have not got any reply from the team lead about the plausibility of summer internship.

Intern Interview

Interview

I first had a really quick phone interview going over the details of my resume with the hiring manager. I was then invited to come on-site in San Francisco for the second-round. I talked with the hiring manager about some of the tasks that I would have to do over the summer. I also talked with 2 other members on the team.

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBS Interactive.

Interview

Quick and easy interview process; one call with recruiter and then an in-person interview to meet the team managers. Everyone is extremely nice and it's a lot of "why CBSi," what properties of CBSi's interest you and why," etc. If you actually like a lot of the CBSi properties, great. If not, then just spend a few hours researching them and you'll do fine.

Interview Questions

• Not a lot of difficult questions. Just have good reason for why you would like to work here and what your goals are.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't take the first offer in terms of salary, they low ball.

UI Designer Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at CBS Interactive.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CBS Interactive in August 2012. Interview Details – Super communicative HR hiring manager. I received updates weekly and they let me know that I had a good chance of getting the position. Negotiating was the next possible step. HR definitely like personality- so just be yourself! Interview Question – What is your favorite brand and why?

Interview Questions

• Wasn't really anything that difficult asked in my interview   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CBS Interactive (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Average in difficulty and was thorough in their selection. I would look to apply again in the future as I have heard positive reviews from current employees. Recruiter even prepped me to call on time as the Manager looks for that. I don't think he should prep to that extent

Account Coordinator Interview

Interview

I applied for the position and received an impromptu phone interview the next day. The interview was very casual and conversational. It took 3 weeks to schedule an on-site. After a few weeks I was offered the position. Interview process takes a while. Would be good to have other companies in mind.

Interview Questions

• Just be prepared to share you experience and to answer behavioral questions   Answer Question

IOS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Got a phone call about talking about myself and my projects. Got a follow up interview asking about basic data structures and algorithms. After that, got a call from HR detailing my offer for my internship and what to expect on the first day.

Interview Questions

• Questions about operating systems, binary search, and arrays.   Answer Question

Negotiation

fixed rate non-negotiable

Senior Motion Graphics Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CBS Interactive (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I had my first phone interview with the HR. She was very thorough and had arranged another phone interview with the creative director. After that, the creative director had an 1:1 interview with me. I showed him my boards and reels with detailed explanation of project involvement and the type of softwares I used. Few days after, I met with the VP and the HR manager. They went over my salary expectation and how I see myself growing in the company. It was overall a great experience.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

Three half-hour Skype interviews: First was mostly general concepts and logic questions. Second was a coding/algorithm design problem. Third was resume discussion and personality questions.

Interview Questions

• The coding question was the most difficult, but it wasn't too bad. I came up with a solution that worked but could have been more efficient.   Answer Question