CBS Interactive Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.9

IOS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CBS Interactive in February 2014.

Got a phone call about talking about myself and my projects. Got a follow up interview asking about basic data structures and algorithms. After that, got a call from HR detailing my offer for my internship and what to expect on the first day.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about operating systems, binary search, and arrays.   Answer Question
    fixed rate non-negotiable

Systems Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBS Interactive.

I spoke to the recruiter at my job fair on February and heard back from HR within a month. The phone interview was a mix of behavioral and technical questions that were relatively straightforward( ie: four principals of oo design, basic java syntax, etc). The recruiter made it clear that he was impressed and insisted that he and HR will be getting in touch with me soon. I never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Name a strength of yours that your feel will ultimately become a weakness.   Answer Question

Network Product Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CBS Interactive in March 2013.

I had an in-person interview in the San Francisco Office. 2 one-on-one interviews on the same day by 2 directors in the department. They asked if I know some of the websites of CBSi, such as CHOW. They were very interested in what products of CBSi that I know, not very much of my experiences. It was very casual and laidback; I had expected something more challenging, but it may vary from team to team, as CBS interactive handles many websites.

Network Product Marketing Intern Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Had 2 rounds of interviews with the team. They were interested in how familiar I was with their websites and products, rather than my past experience. One of the interviewers was more focused on the SEO knowledge of a candidate.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBS Interactive in August 2012.

Super communicative HR hiring manager. I received updates weekly and they let me know that I had a good chance of getting the position. Negotiating was the next possible step. HR definitely like personality- so just be yourself!

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CBS Interactive in February 2012.

Volt Temporary did inital screen and set up interview.

Interview Questions
    • Meeting quota with bad leads not qualified for contacting.   Answer Question
    None

RDP Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at CBS Interactive in November 2011.

I submitted my resume on my college career website. They reviewed it and selected to give me a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was one of the 8 picked to fly up to San Francisco for panel interviews. The interview process took the entire day. First we began with breakfast and introductions, then I was given 2 1:1 interviews. We took a break for lunch then had a tour of the entire office building. After the tour, we had 2 more 1:1 interviews. I didn't get a response for 3 weeks, so I emailed the HR manager, who responded that they had moved on.

Interview Questions
    • You have 3 sorted streams of data items. What is the most efficient way of merging them into a single structure?   View Answer

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CBS Interactive in October 2011.

This was a great experience overall. I felt very comfortable and at ease during all 3 interviews. The first one was over the phone and then did two face to face in 1 day. They were mostly about how I handle clients, management, and priorities. Good stuff. I felt confident after each interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was the hardest lesson you learned when dealing with clients?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. BIG MISTAKE. Please negotiate. They will always low ball, so aim higher. The AC role is the lowest, but you can still get more out of them.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CBS Interactive in March 2011.

The interview process was a bit long, but not out of the ordinary; I was screened by a HR manager, then by the hiring manager. Finally, I was brought in a interviewed in person by 5-6 people.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation was necessary, from my point of view.

Senior RIA Developer and Technical Project Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at CBS Interactive in February 2011.

The interview process was very pleasant and professional and I enjoyed it! First I had a phone screen interview that lasted about 1-2 hours and then we moved to an in-person interview that lasted about 3 hours! It was pleasant and I really liked the Sr. VP of Engineering and we hit it off right form the beginning which helped! I would recommend this company to anyone!

very pleasant.