CBS Interactive Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

2.9

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Network Product Marketing Intern Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at CBS Interactive in March 2013.

Had 2 rounds of interviews with the team. They were interested in how familiar I was with their websites and products, rather than my past experience. One of the interviewers was more focused on the SEO knowledge of a candidate.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CBS Interactive in August 2012.

Super communicative HR hiring manager. I received updates weekly and they let me know that I had a good chance of getting the position. Negotiating was the next possible step. HR definitely like personality- so just be yourself!

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at CBS Interactive in February 2012.

Volt Temporary did inital screen and set up interview.

Interview Questions
    • Meeting quota with bad leads not qualified for contacting.   Answer Question
    None

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CBS Interactive in April 2010.

Phone screen followed by in person ineterviews.

Interview Questions
    There was no room for negotiation.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at CBS Interactive in December 2009.

I had phone interview at first. Then I got a follow up with one and one interview. The manager did called all my references to verify. I then got schedule for an interview. It was almost 5 hours. Got interviewed by the Director of Software Engineering, QA team and QA manager. They asked about how would I test a glass, an apple, Java questions and SQL questions.

Interview Questions
    • Ask about how to test an apple. Some basic java questions. Mysql questions   Answer Question

Network Product Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I had an in-person interview in the San Francisco Office. 2 one-on-one interviews on the same day by 2 directors in the department. They asked if I know some of the websites of CBSi, such as CHOW. They were very interested in what products of CBSi that I know, not very much of my experiences. It was very casual and laidback; I had expected something more challenging, but it may vary from team to team, as CBS interactive handles many websites.

Systems Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CBS Interactive.

I spoke to the recruiter at my job fair on February and heard back from HR within a month. The phone interview was a mix of behavioral and technical questions that were relatively straightforward( ie: four principals of oo design, basic java syntax, etc). The recruiter made it clear that he was impressed and insisted that he and HR will be getting in touch with me soon. I never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Name a strength of yours that your feel will ultimately become a weakness.   Answer Question

User Experience Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CBS Interactive in January 2010.

Phone meeting followed by a couple of one on one meetings and then by a team meeting.

Technical Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CBS Interactive in September 2008.

Standard round-robin interview process; phone interview with out-of-state department manager, in-person interviews with immediate manager and department peers.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate an extra $5k/yr salary; no signing bonuses or stock options at hiring.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CBS Interactive in March 2011.

The interview process was a bit long, but not out of the ordinary; I was screened by a HR manager, then by the hiring manager. Finally, I was brought in a interviewed in person by 5-6 people.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation was necessary, from my point of view.

Worked for CBS Interactive? Contribute to the Community!