CBS Interactive

Relevance Date Difficulty

Network Product Marketing Intern Interview Interview

Network Product Marketing Intern Interview
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at CBS Interactive in March 2013.

Interview Details – Had 2 rounds of interviews with the team. They were interested in how familiar I was with their websites and products, rather than my past experience. One of the interviewers was more focused on the SEO knowledge of a candidate.

Interview Question – What do you know about ______ (their websites)?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Account Coordinator
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CBS Interactive in August 2012.

Interview Details – Super communicative HR hiring manager. I received updates weekly and they let me know that I had a good chance of getting the position. Negotiating was the next possible step. HR definitely like personality- so just be yourself!

Interview Question – What is your favorite brand and why?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CBS Interactive in February 2012.

Interview Details – Volt Temporary did inital screen and set up interview.

Interview Question – Meeting quota with bad leads not qualified for contacting.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CBS Interactive in April 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screen followed by in person ineterviews.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. It was very doable interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at CBS Interactive in December 2009.

Interview Details – I had phone interview at first. Then I got a follow up with one and one interview. The manager did called all my references to verify. I then got schedule for an interview. It was almost 5 hours. Got interviewed by the Director of Software Engineering, QA team and QA manager. They asked about how would I test a glass, an apple, Java questions and SQL questions.

Interview Question – Ask about how to test an apple. Some basic java questions. Mysql questions   Answer Question

Network Product Marketing Intern Interview

Network Product Marketing Intern
San Francisco, CA

Interview Details – I had an in-person interview in the San Francisco Office. 2 one-on-one interviews on the same day by 2 directors in the department. They asked if I know some of the websites of CBSi, such as CHOW. They were very interested in what products of CBSi that I know, not very much of my experiences. It was very casual and laidback; I had expected something more challenging, but it may vary from team to team, as CBS interactive handles many websites.

Interview Question – What is your browser homepage?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Intern Interview

Systems Engineer Intern
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CBS Interactive.

Interview Details – I spoke to the recruiter at my job fair on February and heard back from HR within a month. The phone interview was a mix of behavioral and technical questions that were relatively straightforward( ie: four principals of oo design, basic java syntax, etc). The recruiter made it clear that he was impressed and insisted that he and HR will be getting in touch with me soon. I never heard back.

Interview Question – Name a strength of yours that your feel will ultimately become a weakness.   Answer Question

User Experience Architect Interview

User Experience Architect
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CBS Interactive in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone meeting followed by a couple of one on one meetings and then by a team meeting.

Interview Question – A few math questions surprised me.   Answer Question

Technical Producer Interview

Technical Producer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CBS Interactive in September 2008.

Interview Details – Standard round-robin interview process; phone interview with out-of-state department manager, in-person interviews with immediate manager and department peers.

Interview Question – It's been so long I honestly can't remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate an extra $5k/yr salary; no signing bonuses or stock options at hiring.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CBS Interactive in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was a bit long, but not out of the ordinary; I was screened by a HR manager, then by the hiring manager. Finally, I was brought in a interviewed in person by 5-6 people.

Interview Question – Where do you expect to be in 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was necessary, from my point of view.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CBS Interactive? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CBS Interactive interview questions and advice in San Francisco, CA. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by CBS Interactive employees and interview candidates.