CBS Interactive Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Apr 7, 2015

2.9

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

It took about a few weeks to get a call back from CBSi and I passed the first round interview which was a phone one. Then I got invited to go on site for the 2nd interview it. It was alot of questions getting to know you and some things like why CBSi? Some behavioral questions too.

IOS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Got a phone call about talking about myself and my projects. Got a follow up interview asking about basic data structures and algorithms. After that, got a call from HR detailing my offer for my internship and what to expect on the first day.

Interview Questions

• Questions about operating systems, binary search, and arrays.   Answer Question

Negotiation

fixed rate non-negotiable

Systems Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I spoke to the recruiter at my job fair on February and heard back from HR within a month. The phone interview was a mix of behavioral and technical questions that were relatively straightforward( ie: four principals of oo design, basic java syntax, etc). The recruiter made it clear that he was impressed and insisted that he and HR will be getting in touch with me soon. I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Name a strength of yours that your feel will ultimately become a weakness.   Answer Question

Network Product Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I had an in-person interview in the San Francisco Office. 2 one-on-one interviews on the same day by 2 directors in the department. They asked if I know some of the websites of CBSi, such as CHOW. They were very interested in what products of CBSi that I know, not very much of my experiences. It was very casual and laidback; I had expected something more challenging, but it may vary from team to team, as CBS interactive handles many websites.

Network Product Marketing Intern Interview Interview

Application

Interview

Had 2 rounds of interviews with the team. They were interested in how familiar I was with their websites and products, rather than my past experience. One of the interviewers was more focused on the SEO knowledge of a candidate.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Super communicative HR hiring manager. I received updates weekly and they let me know that I had a good chance of getting the position. Negotiating was the next possible step. HR definitely like personality- so just be yourself!

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Volt Temporary did inital screen and set up interview.

Interview Questions

• Meeting quota with bad leads not qualified for contacting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

RDP Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume on my college career website. They reviewed it and selected to give me a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was one of the 8 picked to fly up to San Francisco for panel interviews. The interview process took the entire day. First we began with breakfast and introductions, then I was given 2 1:1 interviews. We took a break for lunch then had a tour of the entire office building. After the tour, we had 2 more 1:1 interviews. I didn't get a response for 3 weeks, so I emailed the HR manager, who responded that they had moved on.

Interview Questions

• You have 3 sorted streams of data items. What is the most efficient way of merging them into a single structure?   1 Answer

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

This was a great experience overall. I felt very comfortable and at ease during all 3 interviews. The first one was over the phone and then did two face to face in 1 day. They were mostly about how I handle clients, management, and priorities. Good stuff. I felt confident after each interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest lesson you learned when dealing with clients?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. BIG MISTAKE. Please negotiate. They will always low ball, so aim higher. The AC role is the lowest, but you can still get more out of them.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process was a bit long, but not out of the ordinary; I was screened by a HR manager, then by the hiring manager. Finally, I was brought in a interviewed in person by 5-6 people.

Interview Questions

• Where do you expect to be in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was necessary, from my point of view.