CBS Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2015

2.7

News Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CBS.

First interview was casual, basically just asked about my resume and why I was interested in the position. They did ask some specific questions about news segments I have watched, why I wanted to work at CBS rather than their competitors, etc. Just make sure you do your research on the company

Interview Questions
    • What is the last segment on CBS you watched? What makes a good producer?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBS.

First, there was a phone interview with HR and then one on one interview with the hiring manager. Some questions they asked me was Introduce yourself, why do you want to work at CBS?

Promotions Assistant Interview

Basically like any other interview. Pretty easy questions to answer. Nothing tricky. Just remember to ask lots of questions and do research on the company. Basically like any other interview. nothing trick. just remember to ask lots of questions and do research on the company.

PMO Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CBS in December 2014.

HR contacted me (using an online job site) and thought I'd be a perfect fit based on the job description. I answered HR's questions and they seemed excited to get the process started. I did a phone screen with one of the managers. She asked tough, detailed questions but I answered everything and I later found out it was a positive interview. I was asked to come on site to interview. When I got onsite I was interviewed by a panel. 2 managers (one from the phone screen) and one director who is the decision maker. While the 2 managers asked good, general questions, the director was most aggressive, asking very detailed questions that did not apply to the position. She would be a horror to work for and I'm actually glad to not get that job. Also - the location in the NYC was awful. 11 ave & 57th. Unless you live there...its pretty bad.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly about managing people. Apparently managing on a matrix arrangement is not good enough.   Answer Question

Ad Sales Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CBS.

Had a quite generic phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. Questions about myself and how I would do in certain situations. Seemed energetic enough for a call back but received nothing. Found the position while surfing the corporate website.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult about any of the questions. Seemed like just a formality.   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CBS.

Phone interview with HR and then followed by an in person interview with HR, and the an interview with thw hiring manager. They were all nice and professional. The process took very long...about a month.

Interview Questions
    Yes, but only a couple thousand more/yr.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CBS.

It was a pretty easy process. I applied online and they were pretty on schedule in terms of hiring according to school semesters. I didn't think the interview was too bad. Everyone was super nice and I think ultimately, the job is to be yourself!

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CBS in May 2014.

I knew someone who got me into the company. They asked me to interview and I did. They were nice and excited for the production. Given my experience and contacts I had in the company it went very smoothly.

Video Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at CBS in February 2014.

I called the video manager and asked if they had any available positions he told they did and I came in for an interview after. He toured me around the station and asked me questions on the different editing platforms I was familiar with and weather I watched the news, and knew how to use their software.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CBS in February 2014.

I applied through school website and then also applied through CBS career website. It took me around two weeks to get the interview invitation from HR. I spoke with two interviewers. Both of them are senior tax managers who are really nice people. The interview was not difficult. They went through my resume and some other easy questions regarding my personality and attitude towards school work and prior internships. As long as you get familiar with your resume, it should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are within expectation. No tough or difficult questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation