CBS Radio Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CBS Radio (Washington, DC).

Interview

3 interviews ; 2 managers over coffee then in offices. simple and standard questions. just making sure you looked good and could present well. The sit back and wait for a decision which happened to take some time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CBS Radio

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at CBS Radio (Seattle, WA).

Interview

3 or four in person interviews with all levels of management. Not to difficult. Bring your A game for sure and be ready to talk about money and selling. Interviewed with the general sales manager, the VP, the DMS, and DOS. Get ready to talk about your sales experience and background.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CBS Radio.

Interview

Took me about 3 months to get hired here, but I saw a girl get hired in a day. Had one interview with the general sales manager, then the director of sales, then the GSM again. It was not a hard interview process at all, all they look for is confidence. So that is a must have in this line of work anyways.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate for a higher salary

Account Executive Interview

Interview

They seemed desperate for AEs. The process was a breeze. I met with the GSM and LSM. And about 5 minutes with the GM who seemed slightly intoxicated. Radio is at the bottom of the entertainment hierarchy for a reason.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

cut throat

Account Executive Interview

Interview

It was quite of an easy process, because it is like every other sales job. Managers are hungry to hire you, and they know the job market is tough, so they make it easier for you to get a job (This could be a good or a bad thing).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBS Radio (Seattle, WA) in June 2013.

Interview

Open discussion by management about company, job, expectation and future potential. Interviewed with several different managers & got a full idea of the corporate culture, expectations and challenges.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was told up front what was offered for position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

interviewed at CBS Radio (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Pretty straightforward process. First you speak with HR and then go in for in person interviews. If you keep getting asked back you will eventually have to give a sales pitch.

Interview Questions

• Strength & weaknesses? Why radio? Tell me about your background. Give an example of success   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBS Radio (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager for about 30 minutes to run through my (brief, at the time) professional background. I was asked to come back the next week to meet with the rest of the management team where i was offered a job.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CBS Radio (Baltimore, MD) in August 2010.

Interview

The first interview with the GSM went really well and came back for an interview with the VP. Pretty much immediately there was a personality conflict, however instead of stopping the interview process there when the decision had really already been made, offered me the opportunity to spend a weekend putting together a proposal which, after submitting it, never heard from them again. Seems like a waste of time on both ends and unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBS Radio (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2010.

Interview

1st Interview - Met with home station Local Sales Manager (F), spoke about college experience and job opportunities. Met with sister station LSM (M), spoke about college experience and growing revenue. Total time in office 35 minutes. Job not offered

2nd Interview - Met with home station LSM, spoke about other interviews, situational sales and job requirements. Job offered informally. Met with Senior Account Executive (F), drilled by questions and test. Met with second Senior AE, again drilled with questions.

3rd Interview - After receiving offer from competitor, went back to the home station LSM, spoke about other interviews competitor. Claimed I would not like working for the competitors manager. Met with General Sales Manager (M), was told his interview process was more strenuous in NYC. Told him about the other offer and that I'd planned to take the competitors job.