CBS Radio

Updated Jan 6, 2015

2.9

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Executive Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CBS Radio.

Took me about 3 months to get hired here, but I saw a girl get hired in a day. Had one interview with the general sales manager, then the director of sales, then the GSM again. It was not a hard interview process at all, all they look for is confidence. So that is a must have in this line of work anyways.

Interview Questions
Negotiate for a higher salary

Other Interview Reviews for CBS Radio

Account Executive Interview

They seemed desperate for AEs. The process was a breeze. I met with the GSM and LSM. And about 5 minutes with the GM who seemed slightly intoxicated. Radio is at the bottom of the entertainment hierarchy for a reason.

cut throat

Account Executive Interview

It was quite of an easy process, because it is like every other sales job. Managers are hungry to hire you, and they know the job market is tough, so they make it easier for you to get a job (This could be a good or a bad thing).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBS Radio in June 2013.

Open discussion by management about company, job, expectation and future potential. Interviewed with several different managers & got a full idea of the corporate culture, expectations and challenges.

Interview Questions
    Was told up front what was offered for position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CBS Radio in August 2010.

The first interview with the GSM went really well and came back for an interview with the VP. Pretty much immediately there was a personality conflict, however instead of stopping the interview process there when the decision had really already been made, offered me the opportunity to spend a weekend putting together a proposal which, after submitting it, never heard from them again. Seems like a waste of time on both ends and unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBS Radio in April 2010.

1st Interview - Met with home station Local Sales Manager (F), spoke about college experience and job opportunities. Met with sister station LSM (M), spoke about college experience and growing revenue. Total time in office 35 minutes. Job not offered

2nd Interview - Met with home station LSM, spoke about other interviews, situational sales and job requirements. Job offered informally. Met with Senior Account Executive (F), drilled by questions and test. Met with second Senior AE, again drilled with questions.

3rd Interview - After receiving offer from competitor, went back to the home station LSM, spoke about other interviews competitor. Claimed I would not like working for the competitors manager. Met with General Sales Manager (M), was told his interview process was more strenuous in NYC. Told him about the other offer and that I'd planned to take the competitors job.

Account Executive Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at CBS Radio in December 2011.

Interview went well. My advice is to be prepared, concise, keep answers short, and ask a lot of questions to get the second interview. Initially, I called to get the interview and was successful in selling myself to get the first interview. I came very prepared with a professional resume developed on Pongo. Be very serious when answering questions and offer the benefits of why they should hire you. It is okay to use a little humor to show your personality side, and tell stories of past successes to show your competitive side. I did a little homework in advance to find out what the culture was like and it was very positive. They care about their people, offer great benefits, and success will come with hard work.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for us and in this city?   View Answer
    • What are the benefits of hiring you?   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CBS Radio in October 2010.

I was out of market so phone interview was initially conducted, visited for a 1:1 Interview a few weeks later with GSM (2x) was very positive and answered all questions I had to the best of their ability.

Interview Questions
    Yes I was able to vacation but not initial salary. After a year of work i renegotiated my salary and resulted in a substantial increase.

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CBS Radio in May 2010.

Interviewed with Regional Market Manager and General Sales Manager. Both were very rushed and I felt like they had ADD. Neither did not seem organized or prepared for my interview. They read a list of canned, prepared questions that could have come from any HR manual. I was not impressed.

Interview Questions

I was not overly impressed with the caliber of people I interviewed with there. Fortunately, I am currently employed, and that made it easier to decline the offer. It was a gut feeling that this was not a station in which AE's would have strong leadership and support. If I was unemployed, I might think otherwise.