CBS Radio Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CBS Radio (Washington, DC).

Interview

3 interviews ; 2 managers over coffee then in offices. simple and standard questions. just making sure you looked good and could present well. The sit back and wait for a decision which happened to take some time.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CBS Radio (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was formal but very relaxed. I met with the two sales assistants at the office as well as two other managers including the general sales manager. The people there really care to know if you can handle the responsibilities of the sales assistant position. They rely on their sales assistants to get things done.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at CBS Radio (Seattle, WA).

Interview

3 or four in person interviews with all levels of management. Not to difficult. Bring your A game for sure and be ready to talk about money and selling. Interviewed with the general sales manager, the VP, the DMS, and DOS. Get ready to talk about your sales experience and background.

Radio Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CBS Radio (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2015.

Interview

Hiring and interviewing process. Took a few months to get an interview. I wasn't asked technical questions just about my likes and dislikes. After interview was over it took over a month to find out the result.

Negotiation

n/a

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CBS Radio (Glendale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial screening with HR
    Personality and IQ test
    In-person interview with the branch manager
    role play with branch manager on the phone
    if needed, a second role play

If hired, you take the series 7 within 6 months.

Interview Questions

• WHat is your experience with investing?
      This position requires that you take the series 7 and pass within 6 months-do you think you could pass?

1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CBS Radio.

Interview

For interns the interviews are pretty casual. Dress business casual. Mine was a group interview and they asked what kind of music you listen to, your pre-sets, how you act around celebrities etc. They also record you as you work your way through a promotions situation like - How do you react when someone gives you their mixtape/cd etc.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CBS Radio.

Interview

The process was very unorganized. I received an email a few months after applying, not only were they delayed in their hiring process but also they spelt my name wrong (which is not that hard to spell) and also had several typos in the email. They seemed super desperate to hire someone. The interview wasn't difficult, but the interviewer did 80% of the talking. He didn't seem interested in listening, but he did more to try to sell me on the organization. Based on what was said, the program seems like an internship where you spend most of your time doing jobs that no one else wants to do. After the interview I question how organized this company is and would say that if you are a type A personality type, this would not be the type of organization to work for. I haven't heard back yet from CBS, but if I do I will decline.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't too difficult, they were mostly personal about what you're studying and why. What experience do you have in advertising? What type of music do you listen to? Tell me about a time where you had to confront a situation.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CBS Radio.

Interview

Took me about 3 months to get hired here, but I saw a girl get hired in a day. Had one interview with the general sales manager, then the director of sales, then the GSM again. It was not a hard interview process at all, all they look for is confidence. So that is a must have in this line of work anyways.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate for a higher salary

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CBS Radio.

Interview

I was screened by the office manager, general questions about my work ethic. Then was called in for a second interview with the General Sales Manager. Was asked about my life goals, and if I saw a future in Ad Sales.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see in yourself in five years, is it in this company?   Answer Question

Assistant Marketing and Promotions Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CBS Radio in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online for the position and never heard anything back. So I reached out to someone via email and expressed my interest in the position. After about two weeks, I received an email back to set up an interview. I met with the promotions director who just spoke about the hours needed and duties I was going to be doing.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very casual. Just asking basic questions about myself and resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate