CBS Radio

Updated Jan 13, 2015
Updated Jan 13, 2015

2.2

Account Executive Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CBS Radio.

Took me about 3 months to get hired here, but I saw a girl get hired in a day. Had one interview with the general sales manager, then the director of sales, then the GSM again. It was not a hard interview process at all, all they look for is confidence. So that is a must have in this line of work anyways.

Interview Questions
    Negotiate for a higher salary

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CBS Radio.

I was screened by the office manager, general questions about my work ethic. Then was called in for a second interview with the General Sales Manager. Was asked about my life goals, and if I saw a future in Ad Sales.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see in yourself in five years, is it in this company?   Answer Question

Assistant Marketing and Promotions Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CBS Radio in November 2014.

I applied online for the position and never heard anything back. So I reached out to someone via email and expressed my interest in the position. After about two weeks, I received an email back to set up an interview. I met with the promotions director who just spoke about the hours needed and duties I was going to be doing.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was very casual. Just asking basic questions about myself and resume.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate

Promotions Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CBS Radio in August 2014.

Was contacted by HR after applying for a full-time position online. After completing a phone interview with headquarters I was told I wasn't fit for the position but if I applied to another to let them know. Applied for a part-time Assistant position in Chicago and was invited to come in for an interview a week later. The interview was with two managers who each had a two page print out of standard questions (experience, customer service, etc.) The interview lasted about an hour. Was told I would hear back in a week but later that night received a "homework assignment" to complete.

After completing the assignment and emailing both managers regularly I never got any sort of response.

Interview Questions
    • None, all general questions but over at least 25 questions in total.   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

They seemed desperate for AEs. The process was a breeze. I met with the GSM and LSM. And about 5 minutes with the GM who seemed slightly intoxicated. Radio is at the bottom of the entertainment hierarchy for a reason.

cut throat

Associate Journalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lanham, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lanham, MD

I applied online – interviewed at CBS Radio.

I had to complete an online application and kept checking back to see if it was being reviewed or considered. After months of applying it being under review, I finally got an interview. The interview was all the way in Lanham. I would not like to travel there in the snow. I was invited upstairs in the nice building. One of the main things asked was about transportation to the workplace. There is no metro access, except a bus across a busy highway. It was an interview for fun because they really did not ask me any difficult questions. They mostly reviewed my job experience. I believe I was interviewed so they can meet the EEOC requirements for interviewing minority candidates. Do not waste my time. I have 2 degrees in communication and 10 years of experience. Don't waste people's time if it is an obvious internal hire or you want to hire a cute 20-something, fresh out of college you want to push around. Bye ashy.

Promotions Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at CBS Radio.

Quick phone interview then called in for in-person interview. Basically just wanted to know if you were available to work any-time/any hours. Did ask questions to see if you were personable and semi-outgoing. But they really are looking for people who are available 24/7.

Interview Questions
    • They did ask about your hobbies. Want to make sure you are personable.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at CBS Radio.

Pretty standard. Got called for a phone interview. Shorty after, was invited in for an interview with the Sales Manager and Sales assistant. They asked fairly basic questions. I followed up a couple weeks later with no response. I eventually got a response about a month later. Long story short, they ended up promoting their receptionist to the position.

Radio Personality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at CBS Radio.

The interview was basic. My air check spoke for itself, I had training, and a pulse. Boom, I was hired!

No negotiating when your starting off. You just want your first job.

Account Executive Interview

It was quite of an easy process, because it is like every other sales job. Managers are hungry to hire you, and they know the job market is tough, so they make it easier for you to get a job (This could be a good or a bad thing).