CBS Radio

Relevance Date Difficulty

WFAN Interview

WFAN
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CBS Radio in March 2013.

Interview Details – Brought in for one interview, lasted about an hour. not too difficult. more behavioral than anything else. good to familiarize yourself with WFAN programming beforehand. be enthusiastic and excited about joining CBS radio brand. having experience at your college radio station is definitely a plus. knowing how to use adobe audition would be nice too.

Interview Question – What separates you or makes you unique   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was an unpaid internship.

Very Easy Interview

CBS Sports Radio Intern Interview

CBS Sports Radio Intern
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CBS Radio in August 2013.

Interview Details – Sent an Email in and got a response within a couple days to set up an interview. I learned that they take 8-10 interns a semester and only about 20 get interviews.

Interview Question – They acted like I got the job in the interview. They went over all the projects I would be working on and introduced me to everyone i would be working with. d   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at CBS Radio.

Interview Details – Received a phone and in person interview. Interviewed with the hiring manager and ask about the basic questions. Overall it was a quick interview process.

Interview Question – What is your weakness   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

CBS Radio Interview

CBS Radio
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CBS Radio in February 2011.

Interview Details – You will be screened by HR and then asked to meet with a Sales Manager and possible the GM is you make it through the first two steps.

Interview Question – Don'y you know working in Sales in hard? Why would you do this to yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It is standard. Always negotiate.

Production Assistant Interview

Production Assistant
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at CBS Radio in January 2009.

Interview Details – I spent over an hour with the News Production Manager, but also spent a bit of time with a Sales manager. They responded very, very well to conversation-based interactions. It was clear they wanted something more interactive and informal, even, than a question-and-answer interview.

Interview Question – Why do you think you'll contribute to this position with your lack of radio production experience?   Answer Question

Worked for CBS Radio? Contribute to the Community!