CBS Radio Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jun 15, 2015

2.6

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at CBS Radio (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

It took 5 weeks and was very unorganized. I was supposed to meet with one person at 10 am. At almost 11 am, she came to the lobby and apologized that she couldn't see me because she had a meeting before and another one now. She pushed me off onto someone else on the department. He was extremely condescending and tried really hard to intimidate me. I then met with 3 other people in the department and was there for a total of 3 hours. A week later I met with HR and that interview was much smoother and more normal. I was told I would hear from them by the following Wednesday, as they had to expedite the hiring process. It wasn't until 3 weeks later that I received an offer from the company. I never received an official offer letter or anything in writing. I was informed via voicemail that they wanted me to start in 2 days. Fast forward to a few months later, and the managers wanted to hire an intern. They couldn't be bothered with interviewing this person, so they had me, their assistant, interview and hire the person. Very odd hiring process.

Interview Questions

• If your friends wanted to go to a new bar that just opened, but you wanted to go to the movies, what would you do?   Answer Question

CBS Sports Radio Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at CBS Radio (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Sent an Email in and got a response within a couple days to set up an interview. I learned that they take 8-10 interns a semester and only about 20 get interviews.

Interview Questions

• They acted like I got the job in the interview. They went over all the projects I would be working on and introduced me to everyone i would be working with. d   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

interviewed at CBS Radio (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Pretty straightforward process. First you speak with HR and then go in for in person interviews. If you keep getting asked back you will eventually have to give a sales pitch.

Interview Questions

• Strength & weaknesses? Why radio? Tell me about your background. Give an example of success   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CBS Radio (New York, NY).

Interview

Received a phone and in person interview. Interviewed with the hiring manager and ask about the basic questions. Overall it was a quick interview process.

WFAN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CBS Radio (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Brought in for one interview, lasted about an hour. not too difficult. more behavioral than anything else. good to familiarize yourself with WFAN programming beforehand. be enthusiastic and excited about joining CBS radio brand. having experience at your college radio station is definitely a plus. knowing how to use adobe audition would be nice too.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was an unpaid internship.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CBS Radio (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager for about 30 minutes to run through my (brief, at the time) professional background. I was asked to come back the next week to meet with the rest of the management team where i was offered a job.

CBS Radio Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CBS Radio (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

You will be screened by HR and then asked to meet with a Sales Manager and possible the GM is you make it through the first two steps.

Interview Questions

• Don'y you know working in Sales in hard? Why would you do this to yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It is standard. Always negotiate.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CBS Radio (New York, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

I spent over an hour with the News Production Manager, but also spent a bit of time with a Sales manager. They responded very, very well to conversation-based interactions. It was clear they wanted something more interactive and informal, even, than a question-and-answer interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'll contribute to this position with your lack of radio production experience?   Answer Question