CBS TV Distribution Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2014
Updated May 19, 2014

2.5

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at CBS TV Distribution.

I submitted an application via my college's online career center service. I was contacted by HR to schedule an interview. My interview consisted of a fairly simple Excel test taken on the computer and a 1:1 interview with a manager. Interview questions consisted of standard questions "What are your strengths," "Why pick you over other equally qualified candidates." It was easygoing and conversational in nature. I was contacted shortly by HR offering me the position. Co-workers were very friendly and driven.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a challenge you have experienced within a group setting and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at CBS TV Distribution.

The interview process was relatively easy. It included a friendly one-on-one interview and a written test revolving around celebrity culture and the history of the show.

I was contacted the next day and notified about which answers i got wrong and which I got right. The hiring manager was straightforward about the hours and pay. I was hired fairly soon after and began working right away.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about the show's history (old hosts, the year it premiered) are difficult if you didn't prepare beforehand.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CBS TV Distribution.

Applied online, contacted by recruiter about 3 months for a basic screener. The recruiter was unfriendly and had a rude tone, which I didn't care for. I went along, and setup an on-site interview. On-site interview was 2 weeks later, met with director and VP...basic personality and background questions. Director was pleasant, but VP was very rough around the edges. Again, met briefly with the recruiter, was not friendly or welcoming at all. Overall, sensed a very sterile/unfriendly work atmosphere.

Salary was a lot less than what I was currently making, and they were not able to budge. Also, did not like the culture/team environment.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CBS TV Distribution.

The interview process was quick and efficient. Your best bet is to get in touch with the VP of Sales.

Interview Questions
    The company offered $8K less than my predecessor had been making. I was able to squeeze an extra $1K out of them. But it was a pretty tough, insulting process.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hollywood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

I met with HR and completed an Microsoft Office computer test (Word and Excel). I first met with HR for a short interview. Then I met with the hiring manager. I spent a half-hour to an hour with the hiring managers. Both people I met with were very nice and I was hired. (The company was Paramount when I was hired and then eventually became CBSTD)

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any difficult or tricky questions although it was an entry level position.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst - Credit and Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at CBS TV Distribution in March 2011.

First applied by emailing my resume& cover letter to the manager in charge of my department. I did a little bit of background research on CBS, but it was not extensive in any way.

When I came in for my interview, they first sat me down in front of a computer and had me complete an Excel and Word proficiency test. I finished the Excel test in 30 min with 75% and the Word test in 15 min with 92%. Both tests were rather frustrating because they wouldn't tell you what you did wrong, and if you accidentally clicked the wrong button, the software would count that as incorrect. There is no "submit" button for answers, so you must watch your mouse carefully.

I interviewed with 2 managers, each interview taking 20-30 minutes. One of the other managers sat in with the first manager who interviewed me. They were all friendly and asked all behavioral and personality questions. It felt very much like a conversation.

Television Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Studio City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at CBS TV Distribution in August 2009.

You need to know someone involved with whatever show you're interested in. A random resume won't go very far. A friend of a friend or something like that... There's not much of an actual interview, just a check to see if you click with the show runner, etc.

Interview Questions
    • It's mainly about your experience and whether the show runner likes your experience.   Answer Question
    You have some freedom to ask for your rate.

Sales Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CBS TV Distribution in June 2008.

Wonderful process. I was a final candidate so I returned for a second interview and got the chance to meet with all the major players-it was a great experience. The questions kept me on my toes and I am better for the experience.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing Difficult-Just a breakdown of background and its relevance to the position.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at CBS TV Distribution.

First had to take Word and Excel computer skills test. Pretty basic, unlimited tries at something until you get it right. Mostly conversational. Included wide range of topics, discussions of academics, interests and hobbies. A few typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for CBS TV Distribution? Contribute to the Community!