CC Concepts

1.4

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CC Concepts in December 2014.

I was called by someone in Texas stated that the hiring manager in California wanted to set up an interview with me. I asked her to elaborate on the position since it was very vague in the ad. She told me it would be "managing new and existing accounts." When I arrived for my interview, a scantly dressed receptionist opened the door, where I sat with 6 other people that all had the same interview time as me, although it was not a group interview. Since I was there second, I went second. I feel bad for the 6th guy that had to wait all morning.
    Basically, the interview was a joke. The job of "account manager" is really a sales position. All the manager wanted to do was tell me about the company. It was almost like he was just using my interview as a chance to advertise.
    I told him I had no interest in sales, so he told me about the QC department. If that department calls me, I will have to politely decline.

Interview Questions

I don't want to sell door to door and I certainly don't want to sit in a room and call people all day to ensure that they received quality service.

Accountant Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CC Concepts in April 2014.

The interview was quick and easy, yet misleading and sketchy.

Interview Questions

I did not want pedal whatever they were selling to already existing customers through the rain or snow for no base pay or benefits. No thank you.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CC Concepts in May 2013.

Same as others. first interview was wime me and another. basic company info and 2 questions nothing hard.

called back for orientation.
    had to answer 2 questions via email

called back monday.
    found out its a independant contrator job. still think about it.

UPDATE 5/24/13- i feel that we waisted our resources on bad leads. i also looked like a fool knocking on current direct energy customers doors.. but i did not recieve ANY HELP at all I was just dumped somewhere told to check a few box's and call if i got a bill. the supervisor said he would be back in 30 to help me..... first 30 goes by im hoofing it have knocked on 10 doors already second 30 done with first street 3rd thirdy called supervisor since i already did my first street 3 times. no answer from either of my Stupivisors SO i had to call My area leader. whom was very nice and helpful good guy. and had the "manager" call me. huge waste of time i arrived at noon stood around in office for a hour. while they figured out where we were going. than we loaded into a tiny car with a wanna be nascar driver, and wasted another hour driving. supervisor ignored me all day. and GUESS WHAT THEY WILL NOT PAY YOU UNLESS YOU WORK FOR 2 WEEKS. i was not able to get lunch so i starved all day. would you be happy.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CC Concepts in February 2013.

They will hire you no matter what. But for the sake of glassdoor, they will call you and introduce you to their company claiming that they are looking forward to expansion and need to hire managers, etc... Then they will call you back to another interview where they aren't really interviewing you... they're trying to sell you on their company and the job that you have no clue about. After that you will be hired and brought into training.

Interview Questions
    • None, there are no wrong answers except for I do not want to knock doors for a living.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation. Their commission plan is their way or the high way.

Sales Representative/Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CC Concepts in November 2011.

I received a phone call from the secretary asking if I would be available for an interview the next morning, I went, and it was a positive experience. Signed in, and about 5 minutes later I was called in for an interview. My personal interview lasted for around thirty minutes; I was told all about what the company was hiring for (managers and entry level positions due to expanding) whoever they do not hire management from outside of the company and explained that if hired, you would start out doing exactly what she did starting out: being a sales rep. I had great chemistry with my interviewer. I learned a LOT just in the interview. She was very professional, very upbeat, very positive. At the end of the interview I was told that I would be called sometime the next day if I were chosen to be brought back. I was given my second call the next afternoon stating that my interviewer was very impressed, and would like to bring me back for a second interview/first day orientation. So, I went in, and only ONE other person was in my "group interview"/"first day orientation" which, I was surprised and thought more people would be there. Turns out, they are training us three levels ahead of what the others from the other interview group were. Fast track to management. And I have very little work experience. Its all about how you present yourself. If you are teachable and can show the people you are interviewing with that you can and are willing to do the job that needs to be done, you are going to be asked to come back, and you WILL succeed if you want to!

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work your hardest to become the best?   View Answer
    There really isn't a "negotiation" phase. It's really a "these are the pay tiers" thing. They really work hard convincing you that YOU CAN DO THIS and you CAN make as much as anyone else in this and make a career out of it!
    I was offered the job after sending an email to my interviewer who called me and essentially said "you were already hired before we read the email, but we are definitely excited for you to work with us, now."

I guess its all about personal comfort. If you aren't willing to start out at the bottom and work your butt off to get to the top, there is absolutely no place for you interviewing anywhere! There is no way I could have learned THIS much about what I am about to be doing if I had been taught by someone who hadn't done it themselves!

"Management" Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at CC Concepts in October 2011.

I was called by CC Concepts, who told me they were just "CCC". My guess was so I couldn't research anything about the job prior to the interview. Over the phone, I was told the time for the interview and that "I need to dress professionally". This threw up my second red flag. If they expect to have to tell me that, then maybe it's not the job for me.
    I decided to go to the interview anyway. I saw two others in the lobby as I was told to fill out a short form and have my resume ready. A few minutes later, more people came in, until there were about 15 in this little room without enough chairs.
    Two people at a time were being interviewed. Shortly after the first interview, the secretary went over and turned on a stereo pretty loud to some crappy pop station. At this point, I was considering leaving the interview. After 45 minutes from my designated time that I was asked to be there, I was called in with another gentleman. He was the only other guy wearing a suit. We were asked typical interview questions; do you have experience (experience with what I wondered)?, what is your ideal job?, ect
    He told us that this was a management job, but he would rather use the term "servant leader". If chosen, we would go through a 2 week training process. He asked if we would be available for an interview the next day, if he called.

Other than this, he gave absolutely no indication as to what the company does or what the job responsibilities are.

He asked if there were any questions. I asked about what the company does. He went on to say that they work soley for TXU and started to tell me how TXU was better than any other companies. After his sales pitch, he was quick to shuffle us out before we asked more questions.

Interview Questions

Shady interview process. Reminded me of my CUTCO interview.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CC Concepts in August 2011.

I was called based off my resume on Monster.com (I did not apply) and was requested to come in for an interview. I made it to the interview on time and filled out the short paperwork that the secretary gave me. After waiting 45 minutes in a conference room I joined two other people in a separate room where the lady involved asked about 6 questions to each of us (same questions to each) the last being what job we were looking for (offering two different options). Since I was not looking for a door-to-door sales job and I was not looking for a $8 an hour tech support job, I told her I was interested in a management position. She told me that this would not be a problem.

So I get a call the next day requesting me to come back to orientation to get to know who the company is and allow the company one more chance to decide if they still want me as an employee. When I got there, the secretary asked me to fill out some personal info along with a contract about 10 pages long. Basically this contract stated that I would not be "employed" by CC Concepts, it would be a contractor job. This threw up red flags, but ok whatever. Then it goes on to say I cannot apply or attempt to gain employment with any company in direct competition with them for 2 years. This upset me because even if I don't gain employment with this company, the very fact that I was there caused my job pool to diminish. So I tore off the contract part of the application (fully filled out and signed) and went to the orientation room. Shortly after leaving, the secretary called me and another potential contractor to return or contracts in front of all the other contractors. When I got to her so that I could explain myself she called me unprofessional and started telling me kinds of stuff. Every time I tried to speak she would shut me up by saying why cant you wait till we are away from everyone to talk about it. This was irritation as her voice was traveling just as much as mine, but screw what I say.

I finally got the secretary to understand my problem and sat back down in the orientation area. Shortly after I got back, the person running the orientation asked both myself and the other guy who held his contract to talk to him privately. I went back to his office and he asked if I had a problem with the contract. To which I responded that I was interested in a management position and not a sales position. In response, he asked if I wanted to work here and I said I would love to work for your company. He responded by saying that his secretary never gets upset and we (myself and the other guy) upset his secretary. He then went on to offer us the sales jobs and I declined.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected interview questions. Think of any other interview that you may have had and take the simplest questions from it and apply it to this process   View Answer

No benefits, No travel expenses, not enough money, pure commission compensation, if my personal vehicle were damaged while working they would not cover expenses, pure lack of consideration to prospective contractors, inappropriate behavior in a public situation

Entry Level Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at CC Concepts in February 2011.

Basically the guy hired me instantly. They jumped me to the front of line because I had a college degree, and I could kind of tell it was a crock. I put my resume up on a job site, and was almost immediately called. When I arrived at the interview 20 other employees we waiting for the same time slot of the interview, and none were dressed in a suit. Looked like a high turn over job where they hired everyone.

Interview Questions

The contract, along with other issues seemed out of place to me. Compensation is purely based on commission. Never trusted it.