CCC Information Services

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CCC Information Services in April 2014.

Interview Details – Had an HR phone interview and got called for an onsite interview that had five rounds. Not too many technical questions. Asked about my past experience. Had a great interaction with 4/5 hiring managers. One of them was very arrogant. The interview was well organized.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CCC Information Services.

Interview Details – Hiring process is simple, phone interview followed by personal interviews.

Data Architect Interview

Data Architect
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CCC Information Services.

Interview Details – The HR approached me about a Data Architect position in CCC and is interviewed by 4 people. The guys who interviewed me were showing clear negative signals about the environment in which they are operating in. I learned from them that they have been going through a lot of changes ( people and process) and they are really not conformable with it. The Hiring Manager was a found to be pretty unprofessional.

Interview Question – Tell me something about you :)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I learned that its an unprofessional and micro-managed environment. They have a work schedule of 55- 60 hours in office and then more work from home. The VP to whom the hiring manager report to even said 55 hr week is normal and is expected. And the compensation was that great either.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

IOS Developer Interview

IOS Developer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CCC Information Services in July 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted application via online job sites several times. Eventually a recruiter contacted me. Should have know they were trouble. He was a bit abrasive and definitely rude. But he scheduled a tech interview for a few days later. Tech interview lasted 1 hr; interviewer was good. Recruiter called me back and said he wanted to schedule an in-person interview. Didn't hear anything for 5 days, then they wanted me to come in 2 days later for a 4 HOUR INTERVIEW. I agreed, filled out their online application. Recruiter called back the day before in the morning to confirm. He called back 5 hrs later to CANCEL. Claimed the position was put on hold, but they reposted the job on Dice already!

Interview Question – Have you written any connected apps?   View Answer

Field Insurance Consultant Interview

Field Insurance Consultant

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CCC Information Services in September 2010.

Interview Details – Applied on their website. Then talked to contact I had withing the company to initiate interview. Once the interview was scheduled it was a 30 minute phone call. It was mostly discussing the territory, responsibilities, and my experience. I then had a second phone call to discuss compensation. Once that was was done, there were no more phone calls. We were un able to see eye to eye on this topic.

Interview Question – How low would I be willing to take the job for.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The position did not have the salary range I would need to leave my current job. I felt it was a bit low even for the job, but for many others it may have been ok. The benefits came close to compensating for that, but it came down to dollars for dollars in the end.

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CCC Information Services in March 2012.

Interview Details – One HR phone round. 5 rounds onsite. 1 skiills test in Java onsite.

Interview Question – HashMap vs ArrayList   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at CCC Information Services in November 2011.

Interview Details – Firstly recrutiing officer called and asked me basic questions like diff. between class & object, MVC architecture, sequence diagram.
onsite interview questions are:
Explain any algorithm,Diff. bet. overloading & overriding,Final, finally(), finalize,Wrapper classes,Explain project,Explain cloud, .equals and ==,Multithreading, Write prog. For Fibonacci series,EJB.
For Java test very basic SCJP questions.

Interview Questions

Middleware Engineer Interview

Middleware Engineer
Chicago, IL

The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at CCC Information Services in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had very bad experience with CCC. they called me twice for in person interview. they did not pay me for those expenses and they still did not give me offer.
I had 2 phone interviews before in person interview. I applied for software engineer job but they also told me that they also considering me for lead role.
In 1st in person interview. They asked me to give test which I cleared with very good marks. After that there was panel interview with 3 team leads. After that I had interview with 1 VP and 2 directors, seperate interview with each one. And that concluded the day. Next day they called me and told me that they are really interested in me and want me to come for one more round of in person interview. I again travelled to Chicago next week and had an interview with 2 more VPs. And after all this they said they are not interested. I got the negative feedback after 3 days and that was also not quick.
Over all very very bad experience.

Interview Question – VP was asking technical questions and making salary negotiations. I don’t know why the technical team and HR team is there if everything is handled by VPs.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Sioux Falls, SD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CCC Information Services in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received a phone call about 4 days after stating they were interested in "proceeding with an interview". Seemed like an impromptu phone interview.. asking when I was available, what I believed the position entailed, why I was interested in the position. Very pleasant experience via phone. Scheduled an interview, showed up early and had to fill out a paper asking what my career goals were, why I was interested in the position, what skills I can bring to the company.
The 'lobby' was just about ten feet from where all the employees work, so you can see and hear everything they are doing. Seemed like a very relaxed environment.

Interviewer was about 10 minutes late. It was not who I spoke with on the phone. Asked very generic questions like tell me about your goals. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tell me about your past employment. Name a task in which you were required to make a quick decision without management approval.
Interviewer had a 5 or 6 page sheet of questions she skipped around on.. didn't ask all the questions on it, but picked and chose. Interviewer seemed impatient, rude almost. It was very uncomfortable. Asked absolutely NOTHING about qualifications for the job opening or prior experience.. just kept asking generic questions like stated above. Did not even give a chance to explain qualifications for the open position.
Overall, a very uncomfortable interview. Very drilling. Had nothing to do with the actual job. Just generic, uneducated HR questions.

Interview was in the past day.. wanted to write the review before I forgot questions and whatnot. Interviewer stated she will get together with other management to discuss interviews and will respond either way within a week.

Middleware Engineer Interview

Middleware Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CCC Information Services in November 2008.

Interview Details – The first interview is through phone. They needed to confirm what was mentioned in the resume is what they thought it be. Later in the week, i had interview with 5 management folks. CTO interview at the last.

Interview Question – Don't remember   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CCC Information Services? Contribute to the Community!

CCC Information Services Videos

CCC Information Services – Why Work for Us?

CCC Information Services CCC is always searching for bright talent with an entrepreneurial spirit, looking for a work culture where innovation is the goal, agile collaboration is the norm, hard work is expected and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CCC Information Services interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by CCC Information Services employees and interview candidates.