CCP

Updated Jun 5, 2014

Game Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stone Mountain, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stone Mountain, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CCP.

The interview process generally involved an at-home, timed, written test evaluating basic literacy and critical thinking skills. Following that, at least one live, on-site interview took place featuring standard Q&A. That interview potentially featured a trans-Atlantic video conference.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience within our game? What areas of the game did you tend to focus on? The interview focused quite extensively on ensuring that the candidate had made the company's product a regular part of his or her daily life.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was offered. An offer of employment was made, and the terms were dictated beforehand.

IT Security Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at CCP in June 2013.

I will preface that I didnt get a job offer. But i will say as a whole they had first class professionalism during the recruitment and then interview process. The result made me want to look at more opportunites going forward.

Interview Questions
    • THere were no real 'surprise' questions The format was directed toward how would you build a program.   Answer Question

2D Artist Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CCP in May 2013.

Get email from HR to set up the time for interview. Call made by HR and artist. Mainly talked by the artist. Talk about your former experience and career plan for the future. Also talked about my interest and how does it match with the position and the industry. They introduced what would be specific job for the internship, how long it gonna last, but I probably missed some information like it's not a full-time one, or maybe they didn't say it.

Interview Questions

No salary. Only compensation. And the job is not full time. So spending a lot of money for relocating for a part-time internship seems not worthy enough.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CCP in November 2011.

Firstly, you've got to play the game. Knowing the product and its mechanics is crucial; you won't get a call-back without it. Being a volunteer for a time gives you bonus points towards a call-back, as does attending FanFest and being sociable with the employees, and the employees do love to party during FanFest. The interview is less an interview and more an explanation of what would be required of you; if you don't put yourself forward and show off what you know and what you're capable of, you won't be called back afterwards. For CS/Game Master positions, there's an English test (it's written by an Icelander, though, so some of the test itself is wrong). After that, either you get a call back or they'll email you to say you're not what they're looking for. CCP is one of the few companies that WILL let you know you haven't made the cut, and the longer they take to respond, the better the chance you'll be hired.

Interview Questions
    • Not really a question, more of a warning: Customer service for CCP is intended to be a shadow compared to the rest of the company. Even at events like FanFest, GMs are mysterious and might have different names on their tags. Social media, I was told, shouldn't connect you to the company at all.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reykjavík (Iceland)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CCP.

Hiring process consisted of several Skype interviews, mostly to assess personality fit with teams and some technical experience. Very general stuff. I was then given a practical skills test later on. This was again fairly straightforward, mostly just to make sure you know what you're doing. The test took a couple hours to complete and afterward we moved onto employment negotiations and relocation discussions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing in particular stands out during the interview process, but definitely do your research before relocating to one of the various offices.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was quick and painless

French Linguistic Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reykjavík (Iceland)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CCP in February 2014.

Answered job offer posted on Linkedin. Got contacted a couple of days later for a HR interview. I got the feeling that first interview was mainly to remind candidates that the position was based in Iceland, a small, cold island in the middle of the Atlantic :-).
    Next step was interview with the department boss, with field-related questions on tools and processes.
    Following step was a written test.
    Then, interview with the team.
    And, last interview with Division boss and someone from HR.

Overall, everybody was professional and cordial. All questions were relevant, whether related to my CV and career or practices and tools of the trade.

The main issue, i was told, about my application was that was overqualified (true and mentioned at every step of the process :-p), and though i was in the last round of candidates, I did not get an offer.

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reykjavík (Iceland)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CCP in November 2013.

Initial communications was decent, the planning was well thought out, and there was only one interview. The actual interview would have been better if the Lync video conferencing application had a lite version that could be downloaded beforehand without waiting for the exact time of the interview to download. Otherwise the interview itself was carried in a respectful and challenging manner.

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reykjavík (Iceland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CCP.

First was a screening with the boss, when you got through that you got to meet the team that felt like a more important interview then the screening and was very stressful. Few days later you were called and invited back for hiring.

there was none... you had to take it or leave it

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CCP in December 2010.

They give you a test to make sure your English level and ask something like why you left your previous job

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reykjavík (Iceland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CCP in May 2010.

I had a friend at CCP that contacted me (Like most Icelanders do). Met a recruiter and a manager. Everything sounded really great and I got a job offering one day later.
    Most of the talk was about what CCP was doing and about to do.

Interview Questions
    • I got no questions about my former experience or education.   Answer Question
    No negotiation option.