CCP

Relevance Date Difficulty

Game Master Interview

Game Master
Stone Mountain, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CCP.

Interview Details – The interview process generally involved an at-home, timed, written test evaluating basic literacy and critical thinking skills. Following that, at least one live, on-site interview took place featuring standard Q&A. That interview potentially featured a trans-Atlantic video conference.

Interview Question – What is your experience within our game? What areas of the game did you tend to focus on? The interview focused quite extensively on ensuring that the candidate had made the company's product a regular part of his or her daily life.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was offered. An offer of employment was made, and the terms were dictated beforehand.

IT Security Interview

IT Security

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at CCP in June 2013.

Interview Details – I will preface that I didnt get a job offer. But i will say as a whole they had first class professionalism during the recruitment and then interview process. The result made me want to look at more opportunites going forward.

Interview Question – THere were no real 'surprise' questions The format was directed toward how would you build a program.   Answer Question

2D Artist Intern Interview

2D Artist Intern
Savannah, GA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CCP in May 2013.

Interview Details – Get email from HR to set up the time for interview. Call made by HR and artist. Mainly talked by the artist. Talk about your former experience and career plan for the future. Also talked about my interest and how does it match with the position and the industry. They introduced what would be specific job for the internship, how long it gonna last, but I probably missed some information like it's not a full-time one, or maybe they didn't say it.

Interview Question – Don't remember   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – No salary. Only compensation. And the job is not full time. So spending a lot of money for relocating for a part-time internship seems not worthy enough.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CCP in November 2011.

Interview Details – Firstly, you've got to play the game. Knowing the product and its mechanics is crucial; you won't get a call-back without it. Being a volunteer for a time gives you bonus points towards a call-back, as does attending FanFest and being sociable with the employees, and the employees do love to party during FanFest. The interview is less an interview and more an explanation of what would be required of you; if you don't put yourself forward and show off what you know and what you're capable of, you won't be called back afterwards. For CS/Game Master positions, there's an English test (it's written by an Icelander, though, so some of the test itself is wrong). After that, either you get a call back or they'll email you to say you're not what they're looking for. CCP is one of the few companies that WILL let you know you haven't made the cut, and the longer they take to respond, the better the chance you'll be hired.

Interview Question – Not really a question, more of a warning: Customer service for CCP is intended to be a shadow compared to the rest of the company. Even at events like FanFest, GMs are mysterious and might have different names on their tags. Social media, I was told, shouldn't connect you to the company at all.   Answer Question

Security Engineer Interview

Security Engineer
Reykjavík (Iceland)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CCP in November 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communications was decent, the planning was well thought out, and there was only one interview. The actual interview would have been better if the Lync video conferencing application had a lite version that could be downloaded beforehand without waiting for the exact time of the interview to download. Otherwise the interview itself was carried in a respectful and challenging manner.

Interview Question – Database SQL Injection   Answer Question

French Linguistic Owner Interview

French Linguistic Owner
Reykjavík (Iceland)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CCP in February 2014.

Interview Details – Answered job offer posted on Linkedin. Got contacted a couple of days later for a HR interview. I got the feeling that first interview was mainly to remind candidates that the position was based in Iceland, a small, cold island in the middle of the Atlantic :-).
Next step was interview with the department boss, with field-related questions on tools and processes.
Following step was a written test.
Then, interview with the team.
And, last interview with Division boss and someone from HR.

Overall, everybody was professional and cordial. All questions were relevant, whether related to my CV and career or practices and tools of the trade.

The main issue, i was told, about my application was that was overqualified (true and mentioned at every step of the process :-p), and though i was in the last round of candidates, I did not get an offer.

Interview Question – No trick questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Reykjavík (Iceland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CCP in May 2010.

Interview Details – I had a friend at CCP that contacted me (Like most Icelanders do). Met a recruiter and a manager. Everything sounded really great and I got a job offering one day later.
Most of the talk was about what CCP was doing and about to do.

Interview Question – I got no questions about my former experience or education.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation option.

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Reykjavík (Iceland)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CCP.

Interview Details – Hiring process consisted of several Skype interviews, mostly to assess personality fit with teams and some technical experience. Very general stuff. I was then given a practical skills test later on. This was again fairly straightforward, mostly just to make sure you know what you're doing. The test took a couple hours to complete and afterward we moved onto employment negotiations and relocation discussions.

Interview Question – Nothing in particular stands out during the interview process, but definitely do your research before relocating to one of the various offices.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was quick and painless

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CCP in December 2010.

Interview Details – They give you a test to make sure your English level and ask something like why you left your previous job

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Quality Assurance
Reykjavík (Iceland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CCP.

Interview Details – First was a screening with the boss, when you got through that you got to meet the team that felt like a more important interview then the screening and was very stressful. Few days later you were called and invited back for hiring.

Negotiation Details – there was none... you had to take it or leave it

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CCP? Contribute to the Community!

CCP Videos

CCP – Why Work for Us?

CCP was founded in the summer of 1997 with the goal of becoming a leading massively multiplayer game company. With the launch of EVE Online in May 2003, CCP has established itself as one of the leading companies in the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CCP interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by CCP employees and interview candidates.