CD-adapco Interview Questions

Senior Engineer Interview

After submitting my resume, within a week I received an email to set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was an initial screening in which the managers asked about my technical experience with FEA. A few days later I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions
    • How many layers of elements are needed at the boundary layer to obtain an accurate solution to the Navier-Stokes equations?   View Answer
    I asked for about 7% higher than the initial offer. I ended up with 4% higher.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seoul (South Korea)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CD-adapco in August 2011.

I am in Korean Office. Work Culture is good. I have faced one round of interview by 4 people.They try to see the balance in your attitude and aptitude. Attitude is more important than your smartness.

Interview Questions
    This company generally go by market trend. They have given a big hike last year to compensate the salaries of the employees upto the market standards. If you win their confidence during the interview, you will get what you negotiate

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at CD-adapco.

1. A few rounds with HR or recruiter
    2. Emails with hiring manager
    3. On phone interview
    4. On Site whole day interview which starts with your presentation to the group with which you would be working and then a series of 1-1 interviews including a lunch (interview) with the team. If everything goes well then the interview day will end with the a final conversation with the hiring manager.
    5. They will let you know if they are interested

Interview Questions
    • How to figure out if a point is inside a rectangle or outside of it.   View Answer

A competitive offer from another company was better. They were really pushing for it that I join but their terms and conditions did not seem nice regarding job conditions, and immigration related issues especially for someone who is a fresh graduate and is on OPT.

Software Development Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CD-adapco.

The hiring manager calls first to talk for about 10-15 minutes. After this, he/she arranges a webex session with a group of people. The topic is chosen by the candidate, and he is free to present something to the group for about 45 minutes, leaving 15 minutes for questions. By the end of this, they have usually made up their mind, and invite the candidate for a 2nd interview onsite which is mostly a formality.

Interview Questions
    • People on the call are technical and very experienced in their fields, so they might ask detailed questions about design methodology, or just ask you to describe your thoughts on a some algorithm. You cannot really prepare for this, but experience will show through here.   Answer Question

Worked for CD-adapco? Contribute to the Community!