CDC Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jun 15, 2015

Management and Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CDC (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

The overall process was a somewhat easy process. Group Panel done for the interview. All interviewees seemed to be very interested. However,did not receive a job offer. Overall experience was easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were stressed and how did you handle the stress at work?   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CDC (Atlanta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

I first had a telephone interview conducted by another division, but with my future Team Leader and Supervisors also attending. I met with the persons who would be my Team Leader and my Direct Supervisor at their office. We then went to the CDC Campus where the projects I will work on will be constructed. During the tour some questions were asked on my experience on the types of the types of construction and building systems utilized on the various buildings. The interview process was professionally conducted and I was put at my ease.

Interview Questions

• If I was familiar with the Design-Build Delivery System.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was not extensive as I would be starting at a pre-determined government pay scale made clear in the advertisement. I could have been raised a step or two on the pay scale if I had been making more within the prior 6 months. Unfortunately with the economic turndown in September 2008, I was not making significantly more than the starting level of the Grade 12. However, it was made clear that steps within the grade and a raise to Grade 13 level depending upon my performance. True to this, I progressed rapidly from Grade 12 to Grade 13.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at CDC (Atlanta, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

Panel Interview - Usually 4 to 5 Peers at your level or above

Interview Questions

• Scenarios - Paint your vision for this....In a perfect world you would contribute this way...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fixed

Public Health Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CDC (Atlanta, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

Initially found this position on a career posting via my university (Ga Tech). I emailed my resume over and was contacted with a week to come in and interview about three days later. I was offered the job another three days later and began the HR process the following week after I accepted. The most difficult part is dealing with the government paperwork to to security clearances.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over other candidates with more experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was already above average, they give salaries based on merit of your resume. It's a budgeted program so negotiation is very limited

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CDC (Atlanta, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

Located on an access road, There's a doorbell outside that needs to be rang in order to get inside but the bell does not work. Recruiter was great and always kept up to date. Didn't really get asked many technical questions. Mainly just past experiences so know your resume very well.

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CDC (Atlanta, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

phone interview about 30 minutes about software using, then on site interview take 3 hours

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CDC (Atlanta, GA) in October 2009.

Interview

It was three tier interview, where by, after initial interview we were shortlisted to make presentations specific to our area of responsibility. In couple of months I was asked to visit the work place and go through multiple interviews on the same day.

Negotiation

I worked out a median salary as well as 25 and 75 percentiles for the position and years of experience and they happily placed me accordingly.

Laboratory Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at CDC (Atlanta, GA) in July 2009.

Interview

the office work was huge to an extent you will always see papers everywhere and the lab work was much of a challenge trying to gather the data in order to get the right result.s

Interview Questions

• The business meetings were quite important so everyone can be on the same level.   Answer Question

Human Resource Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CDC (Atlanta, GA) in April 2009.

Interview

Initial over the phone interview. Called back for a personal interview. It was a panel of seven(7) people; various posts at CDC. I asked as many questions as I was asked. Peaked their interest and was initially hired. Thoroughly enjoyed the panel interview myself. Would do it again. Took the edge off just dealing or trying to please one person.

Interview Questions

• Even though you've held this position before, what do you feel you can offer us other than any other qualified person?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was offered a higher position than where I was at in Columbus, GA at a much bigger pay raise.

Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CDC (Atlanta, GA) in January 2009.

Interview

I was contacted via phone and set up an interview for the week after. I didn't know how many people I would be interviewing with, but speaking with three people in a group interview ended up not being that big of a deal. My interviewers were very friendly and answered all of my questions thoroughly. The place was very relaxed and people clearly got along well with one another, and were nothing but entirely friendly and helpful (and not in a fake way!) from the first interview until the point that I changed jobs.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a problem dealing with a coworker or superior, and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was pleasantly happy with their offer, so I didn't feel the need to negotiate. But I think they're pretty flexible and understanding about it.