CDC Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

3.2

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person - interviewed at CDC in March 2013.

Panel Interview - Usually 4 to 5 Peers at your level or above

Interview Questions
    • Scenarios - Paint your vision for this....In a perfect world you would contribute this way...   Answer Question
    Fixed

Public Health Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at CDC in February 2013.

Initially found this position on a career posting via my university (Ga Tech). I emailed my resume over and was contacted with a week to come in and interview about three days later. I was offered the job another three days later and began the HR process the following week after I accepted. The most difficult part is dealing with the government paperwork to to security clearances.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you over other candidates with more experience?   Answer Question
    Salary was already above average, they give salaries based on merit of your resume. It's a budgeted program so negotiation is very limited

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at CDC in August 2011.

Located on an access road, There's a doorbell outside that needs to be rang in order to get inside but the bell does not work. Recruiter was great and always kept up to date. Didn't really get asked many technical questions. Mainly just past experiences so know your resume very well.

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CDC in March 2011.

phone interview about 30 minutes about software using, then on site interview take 3 hours

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at CDC in October 2009.

It was three tier interview, where by, after initial interview we were shortlisted to make presentations specific to our area of responsibility. In couple of months I was asked to visit the work place and go through multiple interviews on the same day.

I worked out a median salary as well as 25 and 75 percentiles for the position and years of experience and they happily placed me accordingly.

Laboratory Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at CDC in July 2009.

the office work was huge to an extent you will always see papers everywhere and the lab work was much of a challenge trying to gather the data in order to get the right result.s

Interview Questions
    • The business meetings were quite important so everyone can be on the same level.   Answer Question

Human Resource Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at CDC in April 2009.

Initial over the phone interview. Called back for a personal interview. It was a panel of seven(7) people; various posts at CDC. I asked as many questions as I was asked. Peaked their interest and was initially hired. Thoroughly enjoyed the panel interview myself. Would do it again. Took the edge off just dealing or trying to please one person.

Interview Questions
    • Even though you've held this position before, what do you feel you can offer us other than any other qualified person?   View Answer
    No negotiation. I was offered a higher position than where I was at in Columbus, GA at a much bigger pay raise.

Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CDC in January 2009.

I was contacted via phone and set up an interview for the week after. I didn't know how many people I would be interviewing with, but speaking with three people in a group interview ended up not being that big of a deal. My interviewers were very friendly and answered all of my questions thoroughly. The place was very relaxed and people clearly got along well with one another, and were nothing but entirely friendly and helpful (and not in a fake way!) from the first interview until the point that I changed jobs.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a problem dealing with a coworker or superior, and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    I was pleasantly happy with their offer, so I didn't feel the need to negotiate. But I think they're pretty flexible and understanding about it.

Worked for CDC? Contribute to the Community!