CDC Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

2.9

Orise Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CDC.

Interview

Phone interview with a potential supervisor. It took 30 minutes. The interviewer said there will be an on-site interview with 1 or 2 people. Most questions were easy to expect. Half of the interview was about prior experiences and skills regarding the work. The last half was about behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What is your strength/weakness?   Answer Question

Management and Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CDC (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

The overall process was a somewhat easy process. Group Panel done for the interview. All interviewees seemed to be very interested. However,did not receive a job offer. Overall experience was easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were stressed and how did you handle the stress at work?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CDC.

Interview

Phone interview with questions mostly focused around past experiences related to the position. For example, if the position requires you to complete data analysis and be proficient in statistical software applications such as SAS, the interviewer (who would most likely be your supervisor) will ask you about past experiences and how proficient you are in SAS.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. The questions were straightforward. You might be asked what you know about the position so read the posting carefully.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDC.

Interview

I've had 3 ORISE phone interviews with CDC and all have been similar. They ask your run of the mill interview questions (what's your strength/weakness, why are you interested, tell us about a conflict and how your resolved it, etc.) I've never been asked anything unexpected at all. Make sure you stress both your experience and your ability to grow and learn. After all, the ORISE fellowship training material for CDC employees tells them to look for "diamonds in the rough".

Interview Questions

• As long as you have solid stories prepared with a clear expression of your motivations there are no difficult questions   1 Answer

Orise Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CDC.

Interview

Interview process was short and sweet. Phone interview, meet in person, got the job. Red tape and training were atrocious trying to get everything to be considered 'on board'

Lead Contract Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at CDC in August 2014.

Interview

Process uses the USAJOBS vacancy announcement system with screening for best candidates based upon answers to occupational questionnaires, then in-person interviews with best candidates in one or two rounds, ending up with a personal interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation you have faced that involved a resolution of a conflict between two or more employees and how you were able to resolve the differences into a mutually agreeable solution without action by a higher management level.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Standard GS Schedule compensation rate

Health Communications Specialist Interview

Interview

The process is as follows... (1) apply via USA Jobs (2) make the certificate (3) get interview with panel (4) interview with senior leaders (if you are a top candidate) (5) become the selected candidate (best candidate based on KSA (knowledge, skills, and abilities)).

ORISE Fellow (Masters Level) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDC.

Interview

My position was an urgent need position, so my interview and hiring process was quick and easy compared to many others I witnessed while working at CDC. I received the job listing via a friend of a friend, applied and had my phone interview within 24 hours. My interview was scheduled for the following week. I was unable to meet with my direct supervisors, but met with their Team Lead. The interview was very straightforward. We covered my past experience and my comfort level with the subject matter I would be working on during the Fellowship.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected, although we did spend a pretty significant amount of time discussing my neuroscience work which was somewhat irrelevant to the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. The salary levels are predetermined and are non-negotiable.

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CDC (Atlanta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

I first had a telephone interview conducted by another division, but with my future Team Leader and Supervisors also attending. I met with the persons who would be my Team Leader and my Direct Supervisor at their office. We then went to the CDC Campus where the projects I will work on will be constructed. During the tour some questions were asked on my experience on the types of the types of construction and building systems utilized on the various buildings. The interview process was professionally conducted and I was put at my ease.

Interview Questions

• If I was familiar with the Design-Build Delivery System.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was not extensive as I would be starting at a pre-determined government pay scale made clear in the advertisement. I could have been raised a step or two on the pay scale if I had been making more within the prior 6 months. Unfortunately with the economic turndown in September 2008, I was not making significantly more than the starting level of the Grade 12. However, it was made clear that steps within the grade and a raise to Grade 13 level depending upon my performance. True to this, I progressed rapidly from Grade 12 to Grade 13.

Orise Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CDC.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of an application with essays and letters of reference.

Negotiation

N/A