CDCNews

Very Easy Interview

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
Vero Beach, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDCNews.

Interview Details – If you interview they will give you drug test. Then set you up for training.

Interview Question – They asked for proff of former income.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. 100% commissioned with draw

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDCNews in June 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter found my resume and called me. Nothing fancy just a regular conversation with her. Seemed like good people and made you feel special. Set up in person interview with direct manager. Started by saying go ahead and take off your suit jacket and get comfortable which was nice. Rattled off my background and he had some questions - again nothing special or fancy. Once they knew my background they were more concerned to tell me about them and their expectations. They definitely answered the difficult questions using politics and words to avoid a real answer. I realized later they wanted you to feel your skills are special so they could demand more from you later.
An example of avoidance. How's the turnover? Well I am happy with my current team for the most part. Then I saw 6 people leave in 6 months.
Another example. What happens when the $12k draw bucket runs dry. Well just make your calls and get some sales and that won't be an issue.
After the one on one, I came back to sit with coworker for 2 hours and take a test drive as they say.
Even though I was ready to go right away, I had to wait for HR to make the offer the next day or so.

Interview Question – Again there were no trick questions here. I believe HR made their decision based on the resume and the interview was a formality so the manager saw he could work with you himself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For this type job a $52k base is already at or near the top so no negotiation took place. At the time I did not know it was their recruiting technique - offer people top dollar to get them in and then cut their pay in half after 3 months.
After the interview it is all down hill starting with the shoddy training.
Also I had to wait 2 1/2 weeks before I started and 2 more weeks for a paycheck.

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Senior Sales Consultant
Vero Beach, FL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CDCNews in June 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the company's recruiter for a 30-45 minute phone interview. From there I was interviewed with a Regional Manager and the Director of Sales. They asked STAR questions and general banter. One more 1:1 with the Regional Manager, a sit with current sales, drug test, and then the offer.

They did a thorough screening. My alma mater was even contacted to make sure I that's where I got my degree.

Interview Question – It's business-to-business sales. They'll ask you situational questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was some room to negotiate, but the comp plan has changed completely since my hiring date.

Outbound B2B Sales Interview

Outbound B2B Sales
Vero Beach, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CDCNews in April 2007.

Interview Details – Smooth process, very detailed information given. All days and times kept, professional experience and pleasant process. I was presented with a lot of clear and concise information which was also very above board and honest. CDC News is a good Company, they find the best talent. They made me feel special throughout the whole onboarding phase.

Interview Questions

• What companies did you close?
    What were your biggest deals?
    Why did those companies buy?
      View Answer
  • What were the steps you took from "cold call to close"?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was a little "wiggle" room however the commission opportunity is so good that I walked away from negotiations very satisfied. They did request proof of my previous sales income and they gave me a base salary which was about 40% of the previous year. That is fine with me, the commsissions are uncapped so I was confident that I would make much more than I had the previous year.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CDCNews? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CDCNews interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by CDCNews employees and interview candidates.