CDI Holdings

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at CDI Holdings

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

English Instructor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CDI Holdings in July 2010.

1) Applied to a position online.
2) Received an e-mail to arrange a phone interview.
3) Phone interview-- asked to describe the difference between "glare" and "stare" to a young student.
4) One week training session-- Company presentation. Given training materials for the class(es) you will be teaching once placed in location. Training consists of an initial series of very short tests based on information provided online. Then you will watch and perform "mock" teaching sessions in a group setting with a trainer. Then you must pass a short test, filling in the blank sections of a classroom teaching structure, which is provided in your training material. Pretty straight forward.
5) If you pass everything, you're hired and placed into your location!

Interview Questions
  • Describe the difference between "glare" and "stare" to a fifth grade student.   Answer Question
There is a brief negotiation stage before your sign the contract. There is room to negotiate the amount of payment, but it's difficult to increase pay more than $1/hour, if at all. I didn't negotiate because I thought the amount stipulated in the contract was fair.

Other Interview Reviews for CDI Holdings

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at CDI Holdings in March 2010.

I was hired on a Sunday, the before the classes began on Monday. My friend told me that they were looking to hire a teacher and I went to the headquarters to be interviewed. I was made to write an essay in 30 minutes. Then I went in to speak to someone from upper management who asked me a few basic questions about my background. Overall, it was not a painful experience.

Interview Questions
    • They asked basic questions about my experience but I think they were desperate and needed a teacher so the vetting process was minimal.   Answer Question
    They told me that teachers starting out would get paid 30,000 won an hour. There was no negotiation phase at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CDI Holdings in August 2009.

Applied online, I think monster.com, the recruiter was based in Boston and I was living in Florida at the time. Phone interview, typical questions, nothing too difficult. The recruiting company was Aclipse and the rate of efficiency was very high, gives a list of what to do.

Interview Questions
    • What do you have to offer as an English Instructor.   View Answer
    No negotiations unless they want to resign you, in that case you hold the cards since your talent is wanted.