CDI Holdings Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2014

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at CDI Holdings

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at CDI Holdings in March 2010.

I was hired on a Sunday, the before the classes began on Monday. My friend told me that they were looking to hire a teacher and I went to the headquarters to be interviewed. I was made to write an essay in 30 minutes. Then I went in to speak to someone from upper management who asked me a few basic questions about my background. Overall, it was not a painful experience.

Interview Questions
    • They asked basic questions about my experience but I think they were desperate and needed a teacher so the vetting process was minimal.   Answer Question
    They told me that teachers starting out would get paid 30,000 won an hour. There was no negotiation phase at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDI Holdings.

There was a documents phase and then I went in for a group interview.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult or unexpected questions but if I had to choose then it would be "What is the difference between a teacher and an instructor?"   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate.

Instructor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at CDI Holdings in February 2010.

The process is very straight forward but there is a great deal involved in the Visa process.

Salary was based on teaching experience

English Instructor Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CDI Holdings in July 2010.

1) Applied to a position online.
    2) Received an e-mail to arrange a phone interview.
    3) Phone interview-- asked to describe the difference between "glare" and "stare" to a young student.
    4) One week training session-- Company presentation. Given training materials for the class(es) you will be teaching once placed in location. Training consists of an initial series of very short tests based on information provided online. Then you will watch and perform "mock" teaching sessions in a group setting with a trainer. Then you must pass a short test, filling in the blank sections of a classroom teaching structure, which is provided in your training material. Pretty straight forward.
    5) If you pass everything, you're hired and placed into your location!

Interview Questions
    • Describe the difference between "glare" and "stare" to a fifth grade student.   Answer Question
    There is a brief negotiation stage before your sign the contract. There is room to negotiate the amount of payment, but it's difficult to increase pay more than $1/hour, if at all. I didn't negotiate because I thought the amount stipulated in the contract was fair.

Instructor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CDI Holdings in November 2009.

Initial communications were few and far between. They worked with Aclipse recruiting out of Boston to get staff for the Korean school. Aclipse was one of the worst agencies I have ever heard of. They bacisally lied about hours of work a week, pay, and benefits. Housing, normally provided, was not provided to me and that was also a lie told to me by my recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to teach a lesson about the US how would you go about doing it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at CDI Holdings in August 2009.

Applied online, I think monster.com, the recruiter was based in Boston and I was living in Florida at the time. Phone interview, typical questions, nothing too difficult. The recruiting company was Aclipse and the rate of efficiency was very high, gives a list of what to do.

Interview Questions
    • What do you have to offer as an English Instructor.   View Answer
    No negotiations unless they want to resign you, in that case you hold the cards since your talent is wanted.

Explosive Expert Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at CDI Holdings in June 2008.

A few call on the phone to see if I knew what I was doing.

Interview Questions

Worked for CDI Holdings? Contribute to the Community!