CDS (Club Demonstration Services)
www.clubdemo.com San Diego, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

CDS (Club Demonstration Services) Sales Advisor Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 22, 2014

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Advisor

Interviewed at CDS (Club Demonstration Services)

Interview Details – To get the job quick, apply online and then talk to the manager at the warehouse you applied. Got an interview within the week and it was an easy interview. The interviewer will typically ask questions about sales and customer service experience and then ask you to sell a product to them.

Interview Question – What is your previous sales experience? How do you deal with rude customers? Sell me this product.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CDS (Club Demonstration Services) in January 2014.

Interview Details – Was called two weeks after applying, answered questions about previous work experience, mostly they just want employees who are going to do well under pressure (it can be a very fast paced environment, especially on weekends) and who have charisma. You don't have to have a lot of experience, just know how to be kind to customers and be able to learn how to close a sell. After a few easy questions you take a drug test (in my case they just used a swab on your gums) and was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – "How would you react to a angry customer?"   View Answer

Arvada, CO

I applied online - interviewed at CDS (Club Demonstration Services) in August 2013.

Interview Details – Very nice personable manager conducted the interview. Impression of unorganized or
harried but I was very nervous. No unexpected questions. Went smoothly I thought.

Interview Question – No difficult/unexpected questions in my interview   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Ocean, NJ

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at CDS (Club Demonstration Services) in October 2011.

Interview Details – It was a bit odd, most of it was done on the computer, there are long waits without any communications,once called in, we spoke a bit, and relayed info and some history, got some basic info in return and left, waited 3 weeks before hearing anything, and than got call be here on wed at 10.

Negotiation Details – no negotiations fixed price no raises, bonus only after achieving 7,500 points, so you need to reach the goals set 4 u 20 times, thats a while if you only work 2 days aweek...

Sales Advisor

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CDS (Club Demonstration Services) in May 2013.

Interview Details – It went like most interviews do, a bit nervous about it, but my manager was friendly and also new in the area. I didn't know it was a sales position when I applied (sample lady!)

Interview Question – "Try to sell me this pen."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had a 2 week vacation I had planned prior to the call for an interview, but they allowed me to train 2 days then leave for my vacation and still be employed when I returned! haha

Sales Advisor

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CDS (Club Demonstration Services) in April 2013.

Interview Details – First I applied online by filling out an application and submitted my resume'. The very next day I received a call and scheduled an interview. The interview location was in the Costco Warehouse store located in Omaha, Ne., in a room that Costco provides for being one of their marketing companies. First the Interviewer explained who CDS was and who and what they are to Costco. In order to proceed I was given a saliva drug test that was done while the interview was being conducted. While the machine is checking your saliva for drugs, I was given a small booklet to read and learn to become safe food knowledgeable. After I was done reading the booklet and because I passed the saliva test for not having any drugs in my system, I could proceed to the next step in the hiring process. This was a test on what I read, and it consisted of 20 questions I needed to answer on the computer. That took about 10 minutes. I passed the test so the Interviewer explained the next step in the hiring procedure and that was signing papers to allow them to do a background check on me. After signing to allow them to check my background, I was told that until they get the results of the background check would they have me come in for Orientation. Also I was instructed that while waiting for my background check to come back, to fill out some information that has to be done online and that I would receive a call as soon as the background check results come back, and then I 'll be informed when to return to the same place for Orientation. Before the interview was over, I was asked if I had any questions and if what I applied for was something I was still interested in doing, after learning what I would be doing. After giving my answer. I was also given a paper with instructions to complete the online questions and to learn the companies Appearance and Grooming Policy. The interview then ended.

Negotiation Details – I can only say that this type of work is some thing a person could only count on as some extra money that they can earn. You couldn't count on being able to support your cost of living. Because they may not schedule you to do another demo for them and you are told that before your orientation and they state that along with that they don't even have to give a reason why they don't won't you to demo for them anymore.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CDS (Club Demonstration Services) in July 2011.

Interview Details – Fairly easy interview. One round, mostly asking if I could perform job duties. One on one in an office, asking about being a team player and such. Follow up with a drug test.

Interview Question – What does teamwork mean to you   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Sales Advisor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDS (Club Demonstration Services).

Interview Details – I applied online and got a phone call about an interview a few days later. The interview was easy, she had me do a drug test on the spot and she sent in a background check. The background check took about 2 weeks, and then I was hired. I went in a few days later to fill out tax paperwork, and to watch an orientation video.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CDS (Club Demonstration Services)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CDS (Club Demonstration Services) Sales Advisor interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by CDS (Club Demonstration Services) employees and interview candidates.