CDSS Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2015
Updated Mar 6, 2015

2.6

Management Services Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at CDSS (Sacramento, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

First you have to apply for the exam. Then you take the exam. Then you get on a list and receive job opportunities in the mail, or you can apply for open positions. When I first was hired with the state I applied for 10 or more jobs per week. Then I waited forever to get interviews. Then after the interviews I often never heard back. For this particular interview I was applying for internal advancement.

Interview Questions

• What qualifies you for this position?   1 Answer

Office Assistant (Typing) Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CDSS (San Diego, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was lengthy because a special exemption was required to hire additional employees.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating took place as the State has set salaries.

Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at CDSS (Eureka, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

CDSS IHSS is the agency that provides regulation over the State government subsidy that allows disabled people to hire personal caregivers to help them with day-to-day living. As such CDSS IHSS does not hire its own caregiver employees, that is the responsibility of the client.

My client posted an ad in Craigslist, I responded and met with him the next day. We got along and he desperately needed help, I started the next day.

Interview Questions

• Do you do hard drugs or drink excessively?   1 Answer
    • Can you start tomorrow?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary is set by law at $8/hr. My client was flexible about schedule.

IHSS Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at CDSS (Lower Lake, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

My friend got me on to this job, she hired me as needed for housekeeping. The reciepient requested a contract for me to fill out and turn/mail in. I then got a time sheet and W2 form which I filled out and sent back in. About a year ago all Providers(caregivers) were required to get finger printed,where a background check was done. We also had to attend a seminar on the rules of what is/isn't required as far as our job description. We also had to watch a movie on Fraud because there are alot of people who work for a spouse or realative and there has been trouble with hours allowed for services to reciepients with spouses/realatives who are getting paid for services that aren't correct.

Social Service Analysis Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CDSS (Natchitoches, LA) in April 2009.

Interview

Telephone interview than called in office for another interview.

In Home Care Giver Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at CDSS (Yucca Valley, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

has become very difficult to get hired, its a bunch of hoops in an unfriendly environment.

Interview Questions

• not really a traditional interview these days. do not apply here if you resent unwarranted scrutiny and a sense of constant mistrust by employer.   1 Answer
    • there were no questions per say its you go in apply they tell u when the next group class so to speak is , and where and when to get you're background and drug screen, do all that and wait. maybe you'll get a referral. like its indicated would happen. not. nowadays you are not getting a client except for on your own. and then good luck finding reasonable hours for them   Answer Question

In-Home Care Provider Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at CDSS (Visalia, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

It was brief and to the point.

I have had bad experiences working with this company.

In-Home Care Provider Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDSS.

Interview

can apply through the IHSS office. Will be subject to background check and social worker evaluations of job.

Interview Questions

• Who is getting the help and how will you provide the service needed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there is no negotiation.