CDSS

Relevance Date Difficulty

In Home Care Giver Interview

In Home Care Giver
Yucca Valley, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at CDSS in February 2009.

Interview Details – has become very difficult to get hired, its a bunch of hoops in an unfriendly environment.

Interview Questions

• not really a traditional interview these days. do not apply here if you resent unwarranted scrutiny and a sense of constant mistrust by employer.   View Answer
  • there were no questions per say its you go in apply they tell u when the next group class so to speak is , and where and when to get you're background and drug screen, do all that and wait. maybe you'll get a referral. like its indicated would happen. not. nowadays you are not getting a client except for on your own. and then good luck finding reasonable hours for them   Answer Question

Office Assistant (Typing) Interview

Office Assistant (Typing)
San Diego, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CDSS in October 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was lengthy because a special exemption was required to hire additional employees.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating took place as the State has set salaries.

Very Easy Interview

IHSS Caregiver Interview

IHSS Caregiver
Lower Lake, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at CDSS in July 2009.

Interview Details – My friend got me on to this job, she hired me as needed for housekeeping. The reciepient requested a contract for me to fill out and turn/mail in. I then got a time sheet and W2 form which I filled out and sent back in. About a year ago all Providers(caregivers) were required to get finger printed,where a background check was done. We also had to attend a seminar on the rules of what is/isn't required as far as our job description. We also had to watch a movie on Fraud because there are alot of people who work for a spouse or realative and there has been trouble with hours allowed for services to reciepients with spouses/realatives who are getting paid for services that aren't correct.

In-Home Care Provider Interview

In-Home Care Provider
Visalia, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at CDSS in September 2008.

Interview Details – It was brief and to the point.

Reason for Declining – I have had bad experiences working with this company.

Very Easy Interview

Caregiver Interview

Caregiver
Eureka, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at CDSS in January 2010.

Interview Details – CDSS IHSS is the agency that provides regulation over the State government subsidy that allows disabled people to hire personal caregivers to help them with day-to-day living. As such CDSS IHSS does not hire its own caregiver employees, that is the responsibility of the client.

My client posted an ad in Craigslist, I responded and met with him the next day. We got along and he desperately needed help, I started the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The salary is set by law at $8/hr. My client was flexible about schedule.

Social Service Analysis Interview

Social Service Analysis
Natchitoches, LA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CDSS in April 2009.

Interview Details – Telephone interview than called in office for another interview.

Interview Question – What do you plan to do ten years from now   Answer Question

In-Home Care Provider Interview

In-Home Care Provider

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDSS.

Interview Details – can apply through the IHSS office. Will be subject to background check and social worker evaluations of job.

Interview Question – Who is getting the help and how will you provide the service needed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CDSS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CDSS interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by CDSS employees and interview candidates.