CDW

Average Difficulty
79 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CDW in August 2011.

Interview Details – 30 minute phone call, then they bring you in. Good chance if that goes well then you will be offered a position on the spot. They do a background check to see if you attended the college you said. You will also undergo a drug test as well.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions about strengths, weaknesses, and times you overcame obstacles.   Answer Question

Herndon, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW in February 2014.

Interview Details – one interview with HR person; then one interview with local sales manager. Easy seemless process, very encouraging. I will stay with the company if the commission structure changes or look for another internal position.

Interview Question – How would you sell this pen.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – base is $25,000 no negotiation, plus commissions structure, all benefits, 401k matching program, holidays and two week vacation.

Shelton, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW in April 2012.

Interview Details – Very thorough, did a great job trying to see how I fit in. They really wanted to challenge you with compelling questions, at the same time they spelled how what is expected along with what you will be rewarded with. Although, it was a little intimidating at first, the challenge is worth the rewards.

Interview Question – What if someone's price was better not matter what, how would you get them to still buy from you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offers from company, salary, benefits, perks.

Mettawa, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CDW in September 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with a recruiter who basically told me what the manager was going to want to hear in my in-person interview. It made the in-person interview a breeze.

Interview Question – Al questions were very straight forward, mostly behavior-related questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotions - 25k base plus commission

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW in March 2012.

Interview Details – There were two interviews followed by an onsite. At the onsite I met my manager who told me as soon as I walked in that I had the offer and then we just chatted about the job, who he had previously hired and why. Very informal throughout and largely stress free.

Interview Question – If a potential client uses a competitors products and aren't interested in switching their infrastructure how do you react?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at CDW in June 2010.

Interview Details – How do you handle rejection?

Interview Question – How do you fit in with the company   Answer Question

Interviewed at CDW

Interview Details – it took about 2 weeks.. easy interview, wanna know that you're social

Interview Question – explain a time you've sold something.. i made it up   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW in December 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview- about 20 minutes. Next step- interview by hiring manager. Lots of behavioral based questions. You must be familiar with these if you are going to get hired. Interview lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Question – Mainly just behavioral questions relating to past work experience to predict future work experience   Answer Question

Chandler, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at CDW in January 2014.

Interview Details – From the minute I arrived to the time I left, I was made to feel at home. CDW has an outstanding interview and work force.Everyone was very friendly and at ease during the whole process.

Interview Question – What was one of my biggest faults and what did I do to overcome it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very pleasant,up front .No unexpected surprises .

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW in March 2010.

Interview Details – This was a very easy interview process. They are only looking to hire those with little experience due to extensive training program. If you are able to carry yourself professionally and with an ambitious attitude the job is yours.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at CDW

Worked for CDW? Contribute to the Community!

CDW Videos

CDW – Why Work for Us?

​​Companies today are only as strong as the technology that supports them. That's where we come in. At CDW, we go far beyond delivering high-tech products. We provide customized services. And we deliver solutions… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CDW Account Manager interview questions and advice. All 79 interview reviews posted anonymously by CDW employees and interview candidates.