CDW Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.4

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CDW.

Interview

phone interview then onsite interview. very straight forward, set expectations. good interview. started at college recruiting fair. interviewer onsite is manager once hired, which was nice.

Interview Questions

• what are you looking for in a new career   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for CDW

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CDW (Mettawa, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Great interview process. they give you good prep for the phone interview & for the actual interview too. if you read the prep & prepare answers, you'll do fine. The recruiter explained everything in full detail to me about the job. the interview questions are behavior based. I had a phone interview on a Friday & an in person interview on the following Monday. Offer made on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you solved a customer complaint.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL).

Interview

Was referred by employee. Had a Phone interview, in-person interview with HR rep and sales manager. Hired on the spot which was refreshing. Manager was very nice but was slightly missleading on salary range. Overall pleasant interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW (Shelton, CT).

Interview

The interview starts with a phone call from the CDW recruiter. If you pass that round, an in person interview is set up with your potential future manager. The interview is pretty standard and not too hard. CDWG usually has three hiring classes per year and the entire process can range from as short as a week to up to three weeks depending on how close you apply to the hiring deadline.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you found yourself in the leadership position of a group project.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Base pay is standard for all Account Managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eatontown, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at CDW (Eatontown, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was easy. After applying online and completing the assessment, I was contacted after about a week or so. The recruiter called me and touched base with me about the position and the salary and we scheduled a phone interview for the following day. The phone interview was very easy. The recruiter was very nice and easy to speak to. It lasted about 35 minutes. We clicked on the phone so she told me she was recommending me to he hiring manager. I was then contacted a few days after that to set up the actual in person interview which took place two weeks later. The interview consisted of a bunch of behavioral/ scenario type questions. These are easy because even if you don't have the right answer, they're easy to make up!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an irate customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW (Mettawa, IL).

Interview

Phone interview and screening with simple interview questions, followed by a face to face interview with management that consists of more professional questions pertaining to a career in sales, why you would like to do sales, strengths, weakness, situational questions about times of adversity.call back if accepted and then drug screening before job is finalized

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CDW.

Interview

About 3 days after applying for the position I received a phone call from a college recruiter asking to set up a phone interview. Consisted of mostly behavioral questions and 2 questions of how I would handle potential sales scenarios. About a week later, received a phone call saying that they would like me to interview with a hiring manager. The interview lasted about an hour and consisted of a few behavioral questions, how would handle situations, and small talk to get a feel of my personality. Over all it was a good experience, very friendly people!

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you disagreed with someone in the workplace and how you handled the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was non negotiable, but commission is uncapped which was very appealing,

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CDW in January 2015.

Interview

Very friendly and helpful HR recruiter. Asks about your resume and behavioral questions. 2 interviews, 1st phone and 2nd with hiring manager in person How would I handle a situation in which I am on the phone with a customer who does regular business with me, when a customer who I have been trying to reach unsuccesfully calls me? Tell me about a time you were rejected and how you dealt with it? Give a detailed example of a time your previous employer disagreed with your idea? You have a customer that ordered a printer of a certain brand and model, but we don't have the printer in stock. What do you do in order to 1# not loose the sale 2# give the customer what he wants?Why? What did you do? Why do you want to work at CDW?

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a situation in which I am on the phone with a customer who does regular business with me, when a customer who I have been trying to reach unsuccesfully calls me? Tell me about a time you were rejected and how you dealt with it? Give a detailed example of a time your previous employer disagreed with your idea? You have a customer that ordered a printer of a certain brand and model, but we don't have the printer in stock. What do you do in order to 1# not loose the sale 2# give the customer what he wants?Why? What did you do? Why do you want to work at CDW?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at CDW (Herndon, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was mainly about selling the interviewer on an item that would be hard to sell and overcoming objections customer raise. It wasn't a hard interview, people at CDW are cool.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What do you like about sales? What would make you a great salesperson?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Extremely easy. One over the phone and the other in person with hiring manager. The sales recruiter was extremely helpful and nice. He pretty much told me what would be asked of me by my hiring manager. My interview with my hiring manager was the best I have ever had. We clicked instantly. I was really skeptical about taking the interview since the salary was so low and I had been interviewing at other companies. I was completely honest with them about it too. They worked with me in regards to choosing a hiring date and scheduling interview around other commitments.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to overcome adversity.   1 Answer