CDW

Updated Feb 16, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW.

Phone interview and screening with simple interview questions, followed by a face to face interview with management that consists of more professional questions pertaining to a career in sales, why you would like to do sales, strengths, weakness, situational questions about times of adversity.call back if accepted and then drug screening before job is finalized

Other Interview Reviews for CDW

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CDW.

About 3 days after applying for the position I received a phone call from a college recruiter asking to set up a phone interview. Consisted of mostly behavioral questions and 2 questions of how I would handle potential sales scenarios. About a week later, received a phone call saying that they would like me to interview with a hiring manager. The interview lasted about an hour and consisted of a few behavioral questions, how would handle situations, and small talk to get a feel of my personality. Over all it was a good experience, very friendly people!

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you disagreed with someone in the workplace and how you handled the situation?   Answer Question
    Salary was non negotiable, but commission is uncapped which was very appealing,

Account Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CDW in January 2015.

Very friendly and helpful HR recruiter. Asks about your resume and behavioral questions. 2 interviews, 1st phone and 2nd with hiring manager in person
    Tell me about a time you were rejected and how you dealt with it?
    Give a detailed example of a time your previous employer disagreed with your idea? You have a customer that ordered a printer of a certain brand and model, but we don't have the printer in stock. What do you do in order to 1# not loose the sale 2# give the customer what he wants?Why? What did you do?
    Why do you want to work at CDW?

Interview Questions
    • How would I handle a situation in which I am on the phone with a customer who does regular business with me, when a customer who I have been trying to reach unsuccesfully calls me?
      Tell me about a time you were rejected and how you dealt with it?
      Why do you want to work at CDW?

Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW.

Two interviews. Phone interview with a recruiter, then in person with a sales manager. Both asked various questions about my background and previous experiences, as well as a good amount of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you convinced a customer to say yes after they initially said no.   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable

it took about 2 weeks.. easy interview, wanna know that you're social

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CDW in March 2014.

Filled out an application online and was called a couple weeks later. Had a phone interview that lasted about 30-45 minutes. Had an onsite interview that lasted about 1:15 hours and was asked if I would be able to start at the next training start date. I told the sales manager that I would have to think about it because of the driving distance.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW in February 2014.

one interview with HR person; then one interview with local sales manager. Easy seemless process, very encouraging. I will stay with the company if the commission structure changes or look for another internal position.

Interview Questions
    base is $25,000 no negotiation, plus commissions structure, all benefits, 401k matching program, holidays and two week vacation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at CDW in January 2014.

From the minute I arrived to the time I left, I was made to feel at home. CDW has an outstanding interview and work force.Everyone was very friendly and at ease during the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • What was one of my biggest faults and what did I do to overcome it?   View Answer
    Very pleasant,up front .No unexpected surprises .

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW in December 2013.

Phone interview- about 20 minutes. Next step- interview by hiring manager. Lots of behavioral based questions. You must be familiar with these if you are going to get hired. Interview lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly just behavioral questions relating to past work experience to predict future work experience   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Hiring process is very laid back. They make you wait and sometimes reschedule a second interview. As you very basic questions nothing too hard. As long as you bring a resume, can hold a conversation, and are an upbeat person you have the job