CDW

Getting the Interview

70 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at CDW in June 2010.

Interview Details – How do you handle rejection?

Interview Question – How do you fit in with the company   Answer Question

Interviewed at CDW

Interview Details – it took about 2 weeks.. easy interview, wanna know that you're social

Interview Question – explain a time you've sold something.. i made it up   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW in December 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview- about 20 minutes. Next step- interview by hiring manager. Lots of behavioral based questions. You must be familiar with these if you are going to get hired. Interview lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Question – Mainly just behavioral questions relating to past work experience to predict future work experience   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW in March 2010.

Interview Details – This was a very easy interview process. They are only looking to hire those with little experience due to extensive training program. If you are able to carry yourself professionally and with an ambitious attitude the job is yours.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CDW in June 2012.

Interview Details – Very easy and painless. Submit to two rounds of phone interviews before sitting down with your would-be manager to answer questions and align goals. Manager will offer the job on the spot with 24-hours to accept. Once hired, you are expected to submit to 3-months of classroom training, then an additional 4-months of 'academy' training.

Interview Question – If you could buy any kind of car, what car would that be? And why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW in June 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview then met with the recruiter. Took a tour of the office and then met with a manager 1on1.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions read off a piece of paper.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation-take it or leave it

Eatontown, NJ

I interviewed at CDW in September 2013.

Interview Details – Very informal interview...Was basically just having a conversation with the manager, and asked a few basic scenario questions here and there.

Interviewed at CDW

Interview Details – Hiring process is very laid back. They make you wait and sometimes reschedule a second interview. As you very basic questions nothing too hard. As long as you bring a resume, can hold a conversation, and are an upbeat person you have the job

Chandler, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CDW.

Interview Details – There was a test to see what "personality" your were as instructed by the recruiter. The q & a were designed to find the "salesman." But, you would have to be ignorant to not figure out how to answer the test to continue on in the process. Phone interview from the best of my memory was standard questions with the recruiter, tell me about yourself, how did you hear about us? Second interview was with Sales Manager, various questions that were easy. It was the standard format that you would find in any interview experience. Strengths, weaknesses, tell me about a time you worked alone, on a team; final interview was with Director, questions were not as specific as sales manager interview, it was more of an acceptance/congratulations interview; upon leaving, there is a standard exit interview with the corporate office.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation; If you would like to make more than 25000 a year, go somewhere else and run! It took the job because at the time I had to take it and would never go back a second time around.

Herndon, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at CDW in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and was then sent an email for a personality assessment. After the assessment was called and asked if I would like to set up a phone interview. Phone interviewed the next day lasted about 40 minutes and everything went well so I was asked to go into the office for an interview with a sales manager. Went in the next day and had an hour long interview with the sales manager who was kind and helpful. Asked different questions about my past experiences and then went through some sales exercises. Overall great interviewing process. Pretty thorough but they were very honest along the way.

Interview Question – The business exercises were a bit challenging but they were also fun and let you show your attributes.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Told me what every account manager receives as a base and that there was uncapped commission and spiffs.

Interviews for Top Jobs at CDW

Worked for CDW? Contribute to the Community!

CDW Videos

CDW – Why Work for Us?

​​Companies today are only as strong as the technology that supports them. That's where we come in. At CDW, we go far beyond delivering high-tech products. We provide customized services. And we deliver solutions… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CDW Account Manager interview questions and advice. All 70 interview reviews posted anonymously by CDW employees and interview candidates.