CDW

Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.4

85 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW.

Two interviews. Phone interview with a recruiter, then in person with a sales manager. Both asked various questions about my background and previous experiences, as well as a good amount of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you convinced a customer to say yes after they initially said no.   Answer Question
Non-negotiable

Other Interview Reviews for CDW

it took about 2 weeks.. easy interview, wanna know that you're social

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CDW in March 2014.

Filled out an application online and was called a couple weeks later. Had a phone interview that lasted about 30-45 minutes. Had an onsite interview that lasted about 1:15 hours and was asked if I would be able to start at the next training start date. I told the sales manager that I would have to think about it because of the driving distance.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW in February 2014.

one interview with HR person; then one interview with local sales manager. Easy seemless process, very encouraging. I will stay with the company if the commission structure changes or look for another internal position.

Interview Questions
    base is $25,000 no negotiation, plus commissions structure, all benefits, 401k matching program, holidays and two week vacation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at CDW in January 2014.

From the minute I arrived to the time I left, I was made to feel at home. CDW has an outstanding interview and work force.Everyone was very friendly and at ease during the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • What was one of my biggest faults and what did I do to overcome it?   View Answer
    Very pleasant,up front .No unexpected surprises .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW in December 2013.

Phone interview- about 20 minutes. Next step- interview by hiring manager. Lots of behavioral based questions. You must be familiar with these if you are going to get hired. Interview lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly just behavioral questions relating to past work experience to predict future work experience   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Hiring process is very laid back. They make you wait and sometimes reschedule a second interview. As you very basic questions nothing too hard. As long as you bring a resume, can hold a conversation, and are an upbeat person you have the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CDW.

There was a test to see what "personality" your were as instructed by the recruiter. The q & a were designed to find the "salesman." But, you would have to be ignorant to not figure out how to answer the test to continue on in the process. Phone interview from the best of my memory was standard questions with the recruiter, tell me about yourself, how did you hear about us? Second interview was with Sales Manager, various questions that were easy. It was the standard format that you would find in any interview experience. Strengths, weaknesses, tell me about a time you worked alone, on a team; final interview was with Director, questions were not as specific as sales manager interview, it was more of an acceptance/congratulations interview; upon leaving, there is a standard exit interview with the corporate office.

No negotiation; If you would like to make more than 25000 a year, go somewhere else and run! It took the job because at the time I had to take it and would never go back a second time around.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CDW in October 2013.

Applied online and was then sent an email for a personality assessment. After the assessment was called and asked if I would like to set up a phone interview. Phone interviewed the next day lasted about 40 minutes and everything went well so I was asked to go into the office for an interview with a sales manager. Went in the next day and had an hour long interview with the sales manager who was kind and helpful. Asked different questions about my past experiences and then went through some sales exercises. Overall great interviewing process. Pretty thorough but they were very honest along the way.

Interview Questions
    • The business exercises were a bit challenging but they were also fun and let you show your attributes.   Answer Question
    Told me what every account manager receives as a base and that there was uncapped commission and spiffs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eatontown, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eatontown, NJ

interviewed at CDW in September 2013.

Very informal interview...Was basically just having a conversation with the manager, and asked a few basic scenario questions here and there.