CDW

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chandler, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CDW.

Interview Details – Applied Online. Was contacted about scheduling a phone interview. Shortly after that I moved on to an in person interview the following week. Second interview two days later. Offered job while at 2nd interview. They wanted to know decision within 24 hours, seemed very rushed.

Interview Question – Describe your biggest failure and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offer seemed very rushed.

Chandler, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at CDW in January 2014.

Interview Details – From the minute I arrived to the time I left, I was made to feel at home. CDW has an outstanding interview and work force.Everyone was very friendly and at ease during the whole process.

Interview Question – What was one of my biggest faults and what did I do to overcome it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very pleasant,up front .No unexpected surprises .

Chandler, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CDW.

Interview Details – There was a test to see what "personality" your were as instructed by the recruiter. The q & a were designed to find the "salesman." But, you would have to be ignorant to not figure out how to answer the test to continue on in the process. Phone interview from the best of my memory was standard questions with the recruiter, tell me about yourself, how did you hear about us? Second interview was with Sales Manager, various questions that were easy. It was the standard format that you would find in any interview experience. Strengths, weaknesses, tell me about a time you worked alone, on a team; final interview was with Director, questions were not as specific as sales manager interview, it was more of an acceptance/congratulations interview; upon leaving, there is a standard exit interview with the corporate office.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation; If you would like to make more than 25000 a year, go somewhere else and run! It took the job because at the time I had to take it and would never go back a second time around.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chandler, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CDW in June 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted online application, called for phone interview, took skills assessment online, face to face interview, telephone offer.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you were in trouble at work and how did you get out of it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate anything.

Chandler, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CDW in August 2011.

Interview Details – Sent an my application online and was contacted the next day. Had two phone interviews followed by an in person interview with my hiring manager and one other manager. Got the offer later in the day and accepted a few days later.

Interview Question – What was a situation where you went above and beyond the call of duty?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. It is set in stone.

Chandler, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CDW in July 2011.

Interview Details – Called me and did a quick phone interview, then scheduled me for a internview with a manager. Met with him, asked me some behavioral questions (all in all lasting about 45 mins)

Interview Question – Explain a moment when you didnt understand something and how did you over come it.   Answer Question

Chandler, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CDW in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter while still attending University. She scheduled a quick phone interview and asked me to attend an open house with a tour of the facility and a panel in which we could ask questions about the position we were interviewing for and anything else we were curious about. After the panel we were asked to schedule a follow up interview with a manager at the company. After being rescheduled twice, I finally was able to interview. The manager I interviewed with was extremely unprofessional, drinking an energy drink and complaining about his lack of sleep throughout. He let me know that If i were to move on in the process I will be contacted, and that it was promising. A week later I received an email stating that they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever used a drill down questioning method to find out what your customer's needs are?   Answer Question
  • When have you used sales in your past experience?   Answer Question

Chandler, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CDW in April 2010.

Interview Details – Recieved a call from HR stating they wanted me to fill out an online assessment screen. Wen't well and then had a phone interview with someone from HR. Next step is face to face with sales manager.

Interview Question – How did you overcome someone telling you no?   Answer Question

Worked for CDW? Contribute to the Community!