CDW

2.9

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW in June 2014.

I initially received a phone call to schedule an additional interview over the phone. The second interview took around 30-45 minutes. All of the questions were typical interview questions. I was asked thoroughly about my previous experience from 6-8 years ago. The pay and commission did not surpass my current position. I asked the interviewer if they were open to negotiation of pay and commission rates. The interviewer explained that this position was non-negotiable. I explained to the CDW associate I would not be able to move forward with the position because of the salary decrease.

Interview Questions
    • At your current position, what was the most difficult situation or task you had to resolve?   Answer Question
    • What are your best communication qualities? Also, can you please provide an example when you used these skills.   Answer Question

The pay and commission rate did not surpass my current position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CDW.

Applied Online. Was contacted about scheduling a phone interview. Shortly after that I moved on to an in person interview the following week. Second interview two days later. Offered job while at 2nd interview. They wanted to know decision within 24 hours, seemed very rushed.

Interview Questions

Offer seemed very rushed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at CDW in January 2014.

From the minute I arrived to the time I left, I was made to feel at home. CDW has an outstanding interview and work force.Everyone was very friendly and at ease during the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • What was one of my biggest faults and what did I do to overcome it?   View Answer
    Very pleasant,up front .No unexpected surprises .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CDW.

There was a test to see what "personality" your were as instructed by the recruiter. The q & a were designed to find the "salesman." But, you would have to be ignorant to not figure out how to answer the test to continue on in the process. Phone interview from the best of my memory was standard questions with the recruiter, tell me about yourself, how did you hear about us? Second interview was with Sales Manager, various questions that were easy. It was the standard format that you would find in any interview experience. Strengths, weaknesses, tell me about a time you worked alone, on a team; final interview was with Director, questions were not as specific as sales manager interview, it was more of an acceptance/congratulations interview; upon leaving, there is a standard exit interview with the corporate office.

No negotiation; If you would like to make more than 25000 a year, go somewhere else and run! It took the job because at the time I had to take it and would never go back a second time around.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CDW in August 2011.

Sent an my application online and was contacted the next day. Had two phone interviews followed by an in person interview with my hiring manager and one other manager. Got the offer later in the day and accepted a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • What was a situation where you went above and beyond the call of duty?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. It is set in stone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CDW in July 2011.

Called me and did a quick phone interview, then scheduled me for a internview with a manager. Met with him, asked me some behavioral questions (all in all lasting about 45 mins)

Interview Questions
    • Explain a moment when you didnt understand something and how did you over come it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CDW in June 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiter while still attending University. She scheduled a quick phone interview and asked me to attend an open house with a tour of the facility and a panel in which we could ask questions about the position we were interviewing for and anything else we were curious about. After the panel we were asked to schedule a follow up interview with a manager at the company. After being rescheduled twice, I finally was able to interview. The manager I interviewed with was extremely unprofessional, drinking an energy drink and complaining about his lack of sleep throughout. He let me know that If i were to move on in the process I will be contacted, and that it was promising. A week later I received an email stating that they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever used a drill down questioning method to find out what your customer's needs are?   Answer Question
    • When have you used sales in your past experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CDW in June 2011.

Submitted online application, called for phone interview, took skills assessment online, face to face interview, telephone offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you were in trouble at work and how did you get out of it?   View Answer
    I was unable to negotiate anything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CDW in April 2010.

Recieved a call from HR stating they wanted me to fill out an online assessment screen. Wen't well and then had a phone interview with someone from HR. Next step is face to face with sales manager.