CDW

Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.6

61 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CDW in November 2014.

Applied online and was contacted for an initial phone interview. The initial phone interview was about 20 mins and then we scheduled another ~45 min phone interview for the following day. Went through my resume and experiences in more depth and then was asked some behavioral psychology questions- ie Give a specific example of a time you had to motivate someone to take action.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I would respond to hypothetical scenarios if I was on the job as an account manager at CDW. For example, what would you do if a customer called and told you they found a competitor's product at a lower price.   View Answer

Starting salary is really low- 25k + little commission for first few years. Not planning to stay in sales long term so doesn't make sense.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW in August 2014.

One of the best hiring processes I've ever had. Extremely Fast, Used a recorded webcam for the intial interview. This allowed them to get many videos of potential clients before initiating webcam interviews with Management. This made the entire process revolutionary I have no doubt more and more companies a few years from now will be using this software for hiring. It made everything so fast and easy.

Interview Questions
    • What was your difficult customer service experience and how did you deal with it.   View Answer
    Was pretty easy more than my previous job. It's a set price for every associate engineer so there wasn't much negotiation however it was not something I would have declined.

Field Solution Architect - Cisco Networking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CDW in August 2014.

The interview process was very organized and my recruiter was extremely helpful, informative, and honest about the role. I didn't feel as though I was being sold a "used" car, similar to the way many organization will present themselves during a recruitment. The process was a standard (3) phone call approach with one for recruiter screening, a second with the hiring manager, and finally a third with the National team leader (more of a technical gap analysis). Once the phone calls were completed I moved into the face to face panel interview. The in-face interview was diversified across many of the different roles I will encounter and this provided a great chance to interview them as well as substantiate my abilities. The questions remained on point and there was a general sense of honesty and realistic expectations, as well as, provided response. Overall the entire process was very simple, uncomplicated, and probably one of the best hiring and interview processes I have been through.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult portion of the process couldn't be defined by a single question. Instead I would highlight the entire panel interview. The panel did a great job of going around the room and diversifying the questions to keep topics varying. This forced me to continue to critically think about responses, instead of the standard expectation of interviews following a strict syllabus.   Answer Question
    Negotiations were professional and fair. After doing research I would say my offer was above the median for the area and competitive.

Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CDW in August 2014.

I applied for the position online. About a week and a half later, I received an email from a recruiter asking if I was still interested in the position. I responded "yes" and received an email from another recruiter scheduling an in-person interview for that Friday with the supervisor and manager.

The interview was scheduled to last an hour, and that's exactly how long it took. The interview was very structured--both had papers with questions where they would write down my answers to compare with other candidates later. However, we did steer off-topic throughout the interview, which allowed it to become more conversational at points. The questions were related to project management, teamwork, time management, and other similar topics for an intense role. I was informed that the next step would be a writing exercise and then a meeting with the VP. We left the room laughing--a good sign.

The following Tuesday evening I received an email saying they were moving me to the next phase and to complete a writing assignment by Thursday morning. Researching the company online and Google definitely helped with the assignment.

After submitted the exercise, I didn't hear anything from the recruiter so I followed-up one week later asking for an update. She said they were supposed to have a decision made in a couple days and would let me know. One week later I followed-up again and received a similar response from the recruiter. The next week she emailed me saying two more positions opened up and asked if I would meet with a different manager. We scheduled that meeting for a couple days later. I heard from her the next day saying I was the top candidate for the initial position and scheduled a meeting with the VP the following Monday.

I met with him that Monday very quickly. He asked why I was interested in the company and the position. I was then introduced to the rest of the team. When I left the interview, I received an offer from another company. I let the hiring manager know, and they pulled an offer together for me the next morning. The offer, contingent upon passing a drug screen and background check, was what I expected so I happily accepted.

Overall, it was a great experience. The recruiter I worked with always promptly responded to my questions so I was never in the dark. I could tell at that initial phase that CDW really cares about their employees, which is certainly true.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. At first contact the recruiter gave me the salary range and a quick google search showed me the benefits online so I knew exactly what to expect, and it was what I wanted.

Partner Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CDW in June 2014.

Interview process began by speaking with a technical recruiter who made sure that I had the necessary qualifications to perform the duties of the job. That led to a phone 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager. (he was located out of state) After speaking with him, I had one final (phone) interview, again with the hiring manager and one of his counterparts. From start to finish, the whole process lasted under 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to create a presentation on a specific product and present it to the 2 hiring managers. Was given the topic and some basic instruction.   View Answer
    I was happy with the offer.

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CDW.

Found job through on-campus recruiting. Process started with initial phone interview then followed with two Hirevue video conferencing interviews. Final interview was with team leader. Completed interview process without having to go to the downtown office. The recruiters are very nice and very helpful for helping to prepare for final interview with team manager

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you successfully sold and idea/item to someone who didn't see eye-to-eye with you.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CDW in May 2014.

First step- video interview submitted after application was submitted via employer Taleo portal online. Second step- over the phone interview with the recruiter Third step- over the phone interview with hiring manager Fourth step- in-person interview with hiring manager Fifth- offer stage(s)

Interview Questions
    • There were a few that were role specific, but if you are a right fit it will be pretty easy to answer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CDW.

Applied and called within a week. Had a phone interview, then called two weeks later to set up an in person interview. Declined their offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CDW in March 2014.

took 1+ week and was a pretty basic interview. Applied online and got a call from a recruiter and had your basic phone interview. Did pretty well on the phone interview and moved to the one on one interview. Was also pretty standard. Got an offer, but the base pay is ridiculously low.

Base pay to low

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CDW in March 2014.

Filled out an application online and was called a couple weeks later. Had a phone interview that lasted about 30-45 minutes. Had an onsite interview that lasted about 1:15 hours and was asked if I would be able to start at the next training start date. I told the sales manager that I would have to think about it because of the driving distance.

No negotiation