CDW

2.6

87 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CDW in March 2014.

took 1+ week and was a pretty basic interview. Applied online and got a call from a recruiter and had your basic phone interview. Did pretty well on the phone interview and moved to the one on one interview. Was also pretty standard. Got an offer, but the base pay is ridiculously low.

Base pay to low

Partner Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at CDW in June 2014.

Interview process began by speaking with a technical recruiter who made sure that I had the necessary qualifications to perform the duties of the job. That led to a phone 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager. (he was located out of state) After speaking with him, I had one final (phone) interview, again with the hiring manager and one of his counterparts. From start to finish, the whole process lasted under 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to create a presentation on a specific product and present it to the 2 hiring managers. Was given the topic and some basic instruction.   View Answer
    I was happy with the offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at CDW in April 2011.

Detailed hiring process; met with representatives from different job functions. Began with phone screen; moved to phone interview by two people; moved to onsite interview by four people. Job offer was made within 24 hours of final interview conclusion.

Detailed and direct

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CDW in August 2011.

30 minute phone call, then they bring you in. Good chance if that goes well then you will be offered a position on the spot. They do a background check to see if you attended the college you said. You will also undergo a drug test as well.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions about strengths, weaknesses, and times you overcame obstacles.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vernon Hills, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at CDW in April 2014.

Very good process overall. Lined up a variety of people for me to interview with, and just talk to about CDW and it's culture. Everyone was very friendly and professional. The cultural fit for an potential employee is critical and a lot of the interviewers are asking questions to understand how you approach issues, deal with colleagues, and work as a team (everyone is referred to as a co-worker at CDW, not an 'employee'). Successful applicants need to be able to demonstrate they have the entrepreneurial spirit seen in smaller companies but can appreciate the dynamics of working in a Fortune 500 (265) company. The talent acquisition specialist at CDW was great at keeping me informed throughout the process and checking in at key points. The only improvement they should make is to reduce the time it took to receive an offer after final interview. While I knew an offer was being prepared, the process was very drawn out and would run the risk of a candidate being lost to another employer.

Interview Questions
    • No particularly difficult questions in themselves. However, the focus isn't just on what you achieved but on how you achieved it. The company is looking for evidence that people can work openly and collaboratively, and leave their egos at the door.   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CDW in March 2014.

The process was amazing. Quick and I was always kept in the loop with next steps and already felt part of the team right from the beginning. Very open about the company, role and environment.

Easy. I got exactly what I had hoped for. There was no negotiating

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CDW in May 2014.

First step- video interview submitted after application was submitted via employer Taleo portal online. Second step- over the phone interview with the recruiter Third step- over the phone interview with hiring manager Fourth step- in-person interview with hiring manager Fifth- offer stage(s)

Interview Questions
    • There were a few that were role specific, but if you are a right fit it will be pretty easy to answer   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vernon Hills, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CDW in April 2011.

Long process, had 4 different interviews. First had a phone interview with a recruiter, then met with the department manager that I would be working for, then had a panel interview with several other managers that I'd be working with and finally a meeting with the Department Director.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were faced with a problem and the symptoms were the cause of the problem?   View Answer
    Yes, ask for what you want.

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at CDW.

Found job through on-campus recruiting. Process started with initial phone interview then followed with two Hirevue video conferencing interviews. Final interview was with team leader. Completed interview process without having to go to the downtown office. The recruiters are very nice and very helpful for helping to prepare for final interview with team manager

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you successfully sold and idea/item to someone who didn't see eye-to-eye with you.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CDW in February 2010.

There is a prescreen with recruiting. Next there is a prescreen personality test, finally you interview with a hiring manager, possibly another if that manager thinks you are a good candidate but not specifically for them. The recruiting stage was the easiest as they are really trying to fill candidates. So they will help/steer you towards the answer they would like. Remember that as it will come in handy later.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are pretty standard for a sales role. Situational in content and plenty about overcoming obstacles or objections.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation for this role

Worked for CDW? Contribute to the Community!