CDW Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Mar 9, 2015

2.7

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW (Mettawa, IL).

Interview

Phone interview and screening with simple interview questions, followed by a face to face interview with management that consists of more professional questions pertaining to a career in sales, why you would like to do sales, strengths, weakness, situational questions about times of adversity.call back if accepted and then drug screening before job is finalized

Advanced Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through university career services, and received a on-site interview after 3 weeks. Two 30 minutes back to back interviews. One is more technical, the hiring manager asked questions about python, logistic regression, and past projects. I was asked to write some simple python code that loop through a list and get numbers larger than certain threshold. The hiring manager also asked the details about some of the projects listed in my resume. The other interview is more behavior based, and asked about my resume and past projects.

Interview Questions

• Draw a image representation of the logistic regression model.   Answer Question

Customer Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, and two face to face interviews. More personalized than most. I was relieved that there wasn't a "personality test" or the "wonderlic". They care about how you manage people and how you care to finish the job and care about exceeding expectations

Interview Questions

• How do you exceed expectations at your current job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a lot of negotiation room at the entry level position, but they were gracious and attentive to my counter offer. Super honest about their position on pay scale. I knew it was a stretch but had to try. But I know that the advancement opportunities at CDW will allow me to exceed my compensation goals in a short time.

Corporate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CDW (Mettawa, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who took some time to go over my expectations and get to know me. He then set up a phone interview with himself about a week later. At the conclusion of the phone interview, he requested to set up a face-to-face interview with a Hiring Manager, which I gladly accepted. On the date of my face-to-face interview, the recruiter met me at reception and spent a few minutes making sure I didn't have any questions or concerns before the interview, followed by a brief tour of the building and some of the benefits of working for CDW. After the tour, I sat down with the Hiring Manager for roughly an hour, during which he conducted a "behavioral" interview. It seemed like he was more interested in having a conversation and getting to know me and my personality than he was in reviewing my Resume, yet again. All in all, a very refreshing and seemingly effective process!

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance in which you went above and beyond the call of your job or performed a task that was not specifically expected of you.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

The entire interview process was quick and of average difficulty. The process from application to offer took about 2 weeks. The interview process consisted of a phone interview followed by an on-site interview which consisted of meeting individually with 6 coworkers for 30 minutes each. The interviews focused highly on behavioral questions.

Campus Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

I had 3 interviews- one on the phone with a recruiter, one in person with the intern supervisor and one with someone on the account team. Having 2 in-person interviews is rare I was told, since most students are on campus around the country. They were very flexible on times and overall provided

Interview Questions

• If you started on the job tomorrow, what would you do?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for an initial phone interview. The initial phone interview was about 20 mins and then we scheduled another ~45 min phone interview for the following day. Went through my resume and experiences in more depth and then was asked some behavioral psychology questions- ie Give a specific example of a time you had to motivate someone to take action.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would respond to hypothetical scenarios if I was on the job as an account manager at CDW. For example, what would you do if a customer called and told you they found a competitor's product at a lower price.   1 Answer

Starting salary is really low- 25k + little commission for first few years. Not planning to stay in sales long term so doesn't make sense.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

One of the best hiring processes I've ever had. Extremely Fast, Used a recorded webcam for the intial interview. This allowed them to get many videos of potential clients before initiating webcam interviews with Management. This made the entire process revolutionary I have no doubt more and more companies a few years from now will be using this software for hiring. It made everything so fast and easy.

Interview Questions

• What was your difficult customer service experience and how did you deal with it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was pretty easy more than my previous job. It's a set price for every associate engineer so there wasn't much negotiation however it was not something I would have declined.

Field Solution Architect - Cisco Networking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very organized and my recruiter was extremely helpful, informative, and honest about the role. I didn't feel as though I was being sold a "used" car, similar to the way many organization will present themselves during a recruitment. The process was a standard (3) phone call approach with one for recruiter screening, a second with the hiring manager, and finally a third with the National team leader (more of a technical gap analysis). Once the phone calls were completed I moved into the face to face panel interview. The in-face interview was diversified across many of the different roles I will encounter and this provided a great chance to interview them as well as substantiate my abilities. The questions remained on point and there was a general sense of honesty and realistic expectations, as well as, provided response. Overall the entire process was very simple, uncomplicated, and probably one of the best hiring and interview processes I have been through.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult portion of the process couldn't be defined by a single question. Instead I would highlight the entire panel interview. The panel did a great job of going around the room and diversifying the questions to keep topics varying. This forced me to continue to critically think about responses, instead of the standard expectation of interviews following a strict syllabus.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were professional and fair. After doing research I would say my offer was above the median for the area and competitive.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

What an easy process from start to finish. After applying to the position through the website I received a call the very next week. Was scheduled for a phone interview with the Recruiter who was very friendly and informative about the position and CDW. She made sure I understood the interviewing process and was then scheduled for an onsite interview within the next two weeks. Everyone on the interviewing team took the time to not only find out about my background and expertise, but took the time to really talk about CDW and why people come to work here and more importantly why they stay. It was one of the best interviews I think I every went through. Everyone made me fell like I was already apart of the team. That is what made it for me!!!!! Great company,people and culture!!!!