CDW Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.7

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL).

Interview

Was referred by employee. Had a Phone interview, in-person interview with HR rep and sales manager. Hired on the spot which was refreshing. Manager was very nice but was slightly missleading on salary range. Overall pleasant interview process.

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview was overall a two step process. The first process was through a recruiter/HR representative who set up a phone interview. This allowed for HR to be able to gain an understanding of who you are, off of the paper resume and how you think and speak. More or less, it felt more like a conversation than an actual interview. They also wanted to make sure you understood the position you were applying for and what you could expect so that they didn't bring you in and blind side you with the role. The second step was a formal interview at their office with the managers of the team. My experience with the manager was less than great. The issue with a manager conducting the interview is they can lack the experience to ask questions and really gain information from the candidate. The interviewer didn't seem to do any research on who I was and what I had done prior to applying. I did not feel this during my previous conversations with HR and it could have been the manager's first time interviewing, being that he was only a couple years older than me. I have had friends work with CDW and they had better experiences. Overall it was a fairly standard interview with no real curveballs. Many of the questions felt like a HR 101 guide to interviewing. Tell me a time you experienced trouble in the office, what is your strengths/weaknesses, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe an adversity you experienced in the office or life and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL).

Interview

The CDW recruiters don't have strength in IT recruiting and rely heavily on outside resources. In my case I applied online and they responded quickly. The interview process was smooth and they moved quickly. Before I got home from the interview I had an offer. The negotiation process was cordial and created a win-win.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick and painless. Other than the phone screen, which was mixed in with my call with a recruiter to discuss potential positions, all three 1 on 1 interviews were in the same day. I had an office visit and knocked out all interviews in one morning. From the phone screen to job offer in hand was 8 days. The whole process was pretty straightforward.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL).

Interview

For the SM role you apply internally to our Leadership Academy first. One accepted you then apply for any SM positions that open up through out the company. You will meet with a panel for the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you set challenging goals for yourself and what you did to achieve them.   Answer Question

Corporate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

There were a few short phone interviews where I did personality testing and other interviews. After two phone interviews they brought me in for an in person interview. The in person interview had my eventual hiring manager and a sales coach in on it - they ran through my resume in front of me, asked about previous experiences, situational questions. The experience was overall not difficult, but I relied heavily on previous experiences where I had worked with customers and had to calm them down if something had gone poorly in the course of my business.

The main thing to keep in mind is that your job will be developing relationships with customers - remember to tailor your information to this end and you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to placate an angry customer?   1 Answer

Customer Relations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview and 2 face to face interviews within about a month. I thought they were standard interview processes and the questions were very pertinent to the position I obtained. the phone was with a recruiter, first face to face with manager, second with the director.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the exact questions but they were situational and behavioral looking for answers from my past experiences and how I managed those issues.   1 Answer

AP Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process went very smooth. The recruiter kept in contact and kept mu up to date with weekly emails. The position was explained in detail and the recruiter was very knowledgeable on the requirements.

Interview Questions

• They asked detail questions about my qualifications. Why are you leaving your current job? What are your plans for the future? Why CDW?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW (Mettawa, IL).

Interview

Phone interview and screening with simple interview questions, followed by a face to face interview with management that consists of more professional questions pertaining to a career in sales, why you would like to do sales, strengths, weakness, situational questions about times of adversity.call back if accepted and then drug screening before job is finalized

Advanced Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through university career services, and received a on-site interview after 3 weeks. Two 30 minutes back to back interviews. One is more technical, the hiring manager asked questions about python, logistic regression, and past projects. I was asked to write some simple python code that loop through a list and get numbers larger than certain threshold. The hiring manager also asked the details about some of the projects listed in my resume. The other interview is more behavior based, and asked about my resume and past projects.

Interview Questions

• Draw a image representation of the logistic regression model.   Answer Question