CDW

Updated Aug 11, 2014

2.6

87 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW in January 2011.

Interview over phone then in person

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mettawa, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW.

A couple of short phone conversations, then face to face with hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • nothing was difficult, its a job mainly for college kids so no real curve balls   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CDW in March 2014.

The process was amazing. Quick and I was always kept in the loop with next steps and already felt part of the team right from the beginning. Very open about the company, role and environment.

Easy. I got exactly what I had hoped for. There was no negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW in March 2012.

There were two interviews followed by an onsite. At the onsite I met my manager who told me as soon as I walked in that I had the offer and then we just chatted about the job, who he had previously hired and why. Very informal throughout and largely stress free.

Interview Questions
    • If a potential client uses a competitors products and aren't interested in switching their infrastructure how do you react?   View Answer
    None

Bid Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vernon Hills, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at CDW in October 2013.

Environment was very friendly, CDW is definitely family oriented. They ask questions to help determine a persons personality. I would say CDW is probably one of my favorite interviews.

Account Manager Small Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mettawa, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

was referred by a friend who received a $50 bonus upon my completion of 30 days. i was called and briefly screened a week after submitting my resume, and asked to come in for an interview on the same call. i interviewed with a sales manager in a small interview room in the mettawa location. process was straight forward, and i was asked a short assortment of commonly asked questions regarding my skills, employment, and education. i received an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • how does your education apply to your potential career in inside sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at CDW in July 2011.

phone interview, 1 on 1 then offered the posiiton. very easy offered posiiton that day which idicates they do not care who they empliy

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CDW in February 2008.

They called for a phone screen and then invited me in for an interview. At that time I met with my Human Resources contact who then introduced me to a manager in Small Business. He was very nice but was not experienced. He extended an offer to me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    There was not negotiations. He handed me an offer letter immediately.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vernon Hills, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW in January 2011.

Very good interview. Easy going.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you grew your previous organization's revenue?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Forest, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at CDW in January 2012.

All I have to say is, if you have any type of sales experience at all and are NOT right out of college then RUN. Dont walk RUN and or dont even bother to attempt to get a job here. There base is 25k a year and you are required to cold call all day long hoping to land some accounts. The manager that hired me basically did the worst interview I have ever had. Could of chatted with him over the phone rather than waste my time going in to talk with him. This job should of been a slam dunk.......I have over 5 years of sales experience but I felt that during the interview that this manager wanted nothing to do with someone with actual experience!! Got the over qualified look plenty of times. Basically I think CDW likes to hire people to train from the ground up so they arent scared of someone with experience coming in and taking their job. Just my opionion.....

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at CDW?

Really, this was the hardest question during my interview! Kinda comical. The rest was all small talk
        Answer Question

Worked for CDW? Contribute to the Community!