CDW

2.6

92 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Data Warehouse/Data Quality Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW in June 2014.

First step: Over the phone with a recruiter within the agency as the initial round of screenings
    Second step: HireVue, virtual technical screening to get a general feel and level of response, highly recommend having as plain of a background to maintain focus on you, dress casual, well lit area, no audio or noise in the background, good light that flatters you, reliable internet connection
    Third step: In-person interview with the team, it'll be a mix bag between one on one, two on one which will either have one on conference or both dependent on schedule.

Interview Questions
    • You have a hand full of flower, # many of [type], # many of [this type], # many of [that type], # many of [another type], how many of [type] do you have?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CDW in March 2014.

Filled out an application online and was called a couple weeks later. Had a phone interview that lasted about 30-45 minutes. Had an onsite interview that lasted about 1:15 hours and was asked if I would be able to start at the next training start date. I told the sales manager that I would have to think about it because of the driving distance.

No negotiation

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CDW in August 2014.

What an easy process from start to finish. After applying to the position through the website I received a call the very next week. Was scheduled for a phone interview with the Recruiter who was very friendly and informative about the position and CDW. She made sure I understood the interviewing process and was then scheduled for an onsite interview within the next two weeks. Everyone on the interviewing team took the time to not only find out about my background and expertise, but took the time to really talk about CDW and why people come to work here and more importantly why they stay. It was one of the best interviews I think I every went through. Everyone made me fell like I was already apart of the team. That is what made it for me!!!!! Great company,people and culture!!!!

Field Solution Architect - Cisco Networking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CDW in August 2014.

The interview process was very organized and my recruiter was extremely helpful, informative, and honest about the role. I didn't feel as though I was being sold a "used" car, similar to the way many organization will present themselves during a recruitment. The process was a standard (3) phone call approach with one for recruiter screening, a second with the hiring manager, and finally a third with the National team leader (more of a technical gap analysis). Once the phone calls were completed I moved into the face to face panel interview. The in-face interview was diversified across many of the different roles I will encounter and this provided a great chance to interview them as well as substantiate my abilities. The questions remained on point and there was a general sense of honesty and realistic expectations, as well as, provided response. Overall the entire process was very simple, uncomplicated, and probably one of the best hiring and interview processes I have been through.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult portion of the process couldn't be defined by a single question. Instead I would highlight the entire panel interview. The panel did a great job of going around the room and diversifying the questions to keep topics varying. This forced me to continue to critically think about responses, instead of the standard expectation of interviews following a strict syllabus.   Answer Question
    Negotiations were professional and fair. After doing research I would say my offer was above the median for the area and competitive.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW in August 2014.

One of the best hiring processes I've ever had. Extremely Fast, Used a recorded webcam for the intial interview. This allowed them to get many videos of potential clients before initiating webcam interviews with Management. This made the entire process revolutionary I have no doubt more and more companies a few years from now will be using this software for hiring. It made everything so fast and easy.

Interview Questions
    • What was your difficult customer service experience and how did you deal with it.   View Answer
    Was pretty easy more than my previous job. It's a set price for every associate engineer so there wasn't much negotiation however it was not something I would have declined.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CDW in March 2014.

took 1+ week and was a pretty basic interview. Applied online and got a call from a recruiter and had your basic phone interview. Did pretty well on the phone interview and moved to the one on one interview. Was also pretty standard. Got an offer, but the base pay is ridiculously low.

Base pay to low

Partner Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CDW in June 2014.

Interview process began by speaking with a technical recruiter who made sure that I had the necessary qualifications to perform the duties of the job. That led to a phone 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager. (he was located out of state) After speaking with him, I had one final (phone) interview, again with the hiring manager and one of his counterparts. From start to finish, the whole process lasted under 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to create a presentation on a specific product and present it to the 2 hiring managers. Was given the topic and some basic instruction.   View Answer
    I was happy with the offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at CDW in April 2011.

Detailed hiring process; met with representatives from different job functions. Began with phone screen; moved to phone interview by two people; moved to onsite interview by four people. Job offer was made within 24 hours of final interview conclusion.

Detailed and direct

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CDW in August 2011.

30 minute phone call, then they bring you in. Good chance if that goes well then you will be offered a position on the spot. They do a background check to see if you attended the college you said. You will also undergo a drug test as well.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions about strengths, weaknesses, and times you overcame obstacles.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at CDW in April 2014.

Very good process overall. Lined up a variety of people for me to interview with, and just talk to about CDW and it's culture. Everyone was very friendly and professional. The cultural fit for an potential employee is critical and a lot of the interviewers are asking questions to understand how you approach issues, deal with colleagues, and work as a team (everyone is referred to as a co-worker at CDW, not an 'employee'). Successful applicants need to be able to demonstrate they have the entrepreneurial spirit seen in smaller companies but can appreciate the dynamics of working in a Fortune 500 (265) company. The talent acquisition specialist at CDW was great at keeping me informed throughout the process and checking in at key points. The only improvement they should make is to reduce the time it took to receive an offer after final interview. While I knew an offer was being prepared, the process was very drawn out and would run the risk of a candidate being lost to another employer.

Interview Questions
    • No particularly difficult questions in themselves. However, the focus isn't just on what you achieved but on how you achieved it. The company is looking for evidence that people can work openly and collaboratively, and leave their egos at the door.   Answer Question