CDW

2.6

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales - Entry Level - Inside-Herndon Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at CDW in September 2014.

First phone call after online application and survey/personality online test, was with questions: If the location was good for me, if I’m available on the start date, and if 12$/h is satisfying me-non negotiable.
    Next phone call was a standard questions interview about my resume, experience, why I want to work for CDW, what makes me good in sales, what was my biggest achievement this year, what was the most difficult experience I had and how I handled it ETC.
    After few days I got automatically generated email that I wasn't considered anymore for the position and I cannot reapply for the same job within next following 6 months.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions over the phone interview   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW in February 2014.

one interview with HR person; then one interview with local sales manager. Easy seemless process, very encouraging. I will stay with the company if the commission structure changes or look for another internal position.

Interview Questions
    base is $25,000 no negotiation, plus commissions structure, all benefits, 401k matching program, holidays and two week vacation.

Corporate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CDW.

You are initially contacted by an amazing recruiter who takes the time to get to know you and share with you the duties of the job and basically what you are getting yourself into. After initial evaluation and the first phone interview you will be asked to come in if you meet the expectations. The interview process typically involves two managers interviewing for their teams and they will look for you to show them that you are capable of the duties outlined, have you done your research on the position and if you are fine with the salary because that is non-negotiable. If you are and can pass the role play they put you through that shows that you are not the typical sales person but a possible partner that can be likable and trusted, you may be able to move on with discretion.

Interview Questions
    • What sets us as a company apart from our other competitors that do exactly what we do?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CDW in October 2013.

Applied online and was then sent an email for a personality assessment. After the assessment was called and asked if I would like to set up a phone interview. Phone interviewed the next day lasted about 40 minutes and everything went well so I was asked to go into the office for an interview with a sales manager. Went in the next day and had an hour long interview with the sales manager who was kind and helpful. Asked different questions about my past experiences and then went through some sales exercises. Overall great interviewing process. Pretty thorough but they were very honest along the way.

Interview Questions
    • The business exercises were a bit challenging but they were also fun and let you show your attributes.   Answer Question
    Told me what every account manager receives as a base and that there was uncapped commission and spiffs.

Account Manager Small Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at CDW in June 2013.

One phone interview and then one in-person interview. Pretty straight forward and a very quick turn around between initial application and offer.

Interview Questions
    • Role play: you are selling pens to the hiring managers who are an accounting firm who only uses pencils.   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake and learned from it.   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at CDW in April 2012.

The process consisted of a phone interview that took roughly 20 minutes. This interview was extremely easy and the recruiter was very nice. If the phone interview goes well, they ask you to come into the office for a 1-1 interview. This actually means an interview with the two managers you will be working under. This interview takes about 45 minutes. The questions are standard behavioral and situation based questions. Overall, the interviewing process is pretty easy if you prepare for it.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you can't get a hold of an important client on the phone and could not travel to the client either?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CDW in October 2010.

Spoke on phone to personnel in Chicago. Seemed nice and helpful. Arranged for second interview with manager in local office. Met with him and thought interview went well. Lady in Chicago shared the same and said she would get back to me the next day with good news. Late in the day, received a form email saying I did not get the job. Confused and bewildered but now glad it did not work out.