CDW Interview Questions in Herndon, VA

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CDW (Herndon, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quite simple and quick but they definitely overpromised and under-delivered in many ways. Its very difficult to move up or around in the company (it takes years and many certifications). It also very difficult to have work/life balance, and a flexible schedule; they told me other wise at the beginning so it was very disappointing. Very stressful and very low starting salary. Also I was never told that the training requirement was 6 months of rigorous cold calling where they track your every call and phone time, so I really felt like the interview process was misleading. On top of that you will need to pass a test after working your butt off for 6 months (the test is a joke a measures nothing of importance to selling IT), you will not have a job if you don't pass.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Herndon, VA).

Interview

Originally met them at our school's career fair. Was invited to apply online. Submitted application and completed personality assessment. Was contacted same day and asked to participate in a phone screening. Phone screening was about two weeks later. Lasted about 50 minutes - half questions half selling CDW.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all about personal preferences. There were some very straight forward, standard behavioral questions at the end. Not difficult.   Answer Question

They straight up said I wouldn't be able to afford to live where the office location was from my first-year compensation. Not exactly how I want to start my career.

Sales - Entry Level - Inside-Herndon Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CDW (Herndon, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

First phone call after online application and survey/personality online test, was with questions: If the location was good for me, if I’m available on the start date, and if 12$/h is satisfying me-non negotiable. Next phone call was a standard questions interview about my resume, experience, why I want to work for CDW, what makes me good in sales, what was my biggest achievement this year, what was the most difficult experience I had and how I handled it ETC. After few days I got automatically generated email that I wasn't considered anymore for the position and I cannot reapply for the same job within next following 6 months.

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions over the phone interview   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDW (Herndon, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was mainly about selling the interviewer on an item that would be hard to sell and overcoming objections customer raise. It wasn't a hard interview, people at CDW are cool.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What do you like about sales? What would make you a great salesperson?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Herndon, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

one interview with HR person; then one interview with local sales manager. Easy seemless process, very encouraging. I will stay with the company if the commission structure changes or look for another internal position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

base is $25,000 no negotiation, plus commissions structure, all benefits, 401k matching program, holidays and two week vacation.

Corporate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CDW (Herndon, VA).

Interview

You are initially contacted by an amazing recruiter who takes the time to get to know you and share with you the duties of the job and basically what you are getting yourself into. After initial evaluation and the first phone interview you will be asked to come in if you meet the expectations. The interview process typically involves two managers interviewing for their teams and they will look for you to show them that you are capable of the duties outlined, have you done your research on the position and if you are fine with the salary because that is non-negotiable. If you are and can pass the role play they put you through that shows that you are not the typical sales person but a possible partner that can be likable and trusted, you may be able to move on with discretion.

Interview Questions

• What sets us as a company apart from our other competitors that do exactly what we do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CDW (Herndon, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was then sent an email for a personality assessment. After the assessment was called and asked if I would like to set up a phone interview. Phone interviewed the next day lasted about 40 minutes and everything went well so I was asked to go into the office for an interview with a sales manager. Went in the next day and had an hour long interview with the sales manager who was kind and helpful. Asked different questions about my past experiences and then went through some sales exercises. Overall great interviewing process. Pretty thorough but they were very honest along the way.

Interview Questions

• The business exercises were a bit challenging but they were also fun and let you show your attributes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Told me what every account manager receives as a base and that there was uncapped commission and spiffs.

Account Manager Small Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDW (Herndon, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

One phone interview and then one in-person interview. Pretty straight forward and a very quick turn around between initial application and offer.

Interview Questions

• Role play: you are selling pens to the hiring managers who are an accounting firm who only uses pencils.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake and learned from it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDW (Herndon, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

The process consisted of a phone interview that took roughly 20 minutes. This interview was extremely easy and the recruiter was very nice. If the phone interview goes well, they ask you to come into the office for a 1-1 interview. This actually means an interview with the two managers you will be working under. This interview takes about 45 minutes. The questions are standard behavioral and situation based questions. Overall, the interviewing process is pretty easy if you prepare for it.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you can't get a hold of an important client on the phone and could not travel to the client either?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CDW (Herndon, VA) in October 2010.

Interview

Spoke on phone to personnel in Chicago. Seemed nice and helpful. Arranged for second interview with manager in local office. Met with him and thought interview went well. Lady in Chicago shared the same and said she would get back to me the next day with good news. Late in the day, received a form email saying I did not get the job. Confused and bewildered but now glad it did not work out.