CDW

Average Difficulty
27 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2 days - interviewed at CDW in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online. Immidiately took an online personality assessment. I finished this by 9 am. I receive a a call at 2 to schedule a phone interview for ten the next day. The interview was very basic. Asked about a sales experience when I upgraded a customer. Asked about my college degree. She offered job right away. Definitely in a rush to hire. They are apparently looking to start a training class aug 11. This is a position for someone with little sales experience. Salary is the lowest I have seen-25k an avg rep can make 35k. First few months you make 12/hr. and 70-100 outbound calls a day to build a book of business. Not what I'm looking for. I Pursued this opp based on the reviews of the company and their standing. This is an excellent company from what I have read .

Interview Question – Explain a time you up sold a customer   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was extremely low. Over qualified for specific position

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CDW in February 2010.

Interview Details – There is a prescreen with recruiting. Next there is a prescreen personality test, finally you interview with a hiring manager, possibly another if that manager thinks you are a good candidate but not specifically for them. The recruiting stage was the easiest as they are really trying to fill candidates. So they will help/steer you towards the answer they would like. Remember that as it will come in handy later.

Interview Question – The questions are pretty standard for a sales role. Situational in content and plenty about overcoming obstacles or objections.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for this role

Inside Sales Account Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CDW.

Interview Details – Phone interview was straight to the point, we got into salary pretty quickly because we both knew I was qualified. I turned down the offer of around 25k a year as a base salary.

Interview Question – Didn't get into to many questions.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW in March 2011.

Interview Details – First, I had a phone interview with a recruiter. They asked the typical questions, and then said there was no room at the office in Chicago and I would have to go on a waiting list, or I could apply for the Vernon Hills location right away. I told them I would rather wait to interview for the Chicago office. I was then called the next day to schedule an interview for the Chicago office, so apparently they were just trying to get people to apply for the Vernon Hills office. I was then brought in for a face to face interview with the person who would become my manager. She asked typical interview questions as well, no curveballs. I was offered a position on the spot, 25K base plus commission.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be a good fit in sales?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CDW.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter. Had one phone interview with her and then an in person interview with the Manager of the sales team. The recruiter was very helpful along the way and explained every step of the process and followed up right after the in person interview. The in person interview was pretty straight forward and the manager told me exactly what to expect coming in.

Interview Question – Basic questions, mostly behavioral.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I took another offer.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CDW.

Interview Details – Applied and called within a week. Had a phone interview, then called two weeks later to set up an in person interview. Declined their offer.

Interview Question – Where will you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Mettawa, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW.

Interview Details – A couple of short phone conversations, then face to face with hiring manager

Interview Question – nothing was difficult, its a job mainly for college kids so no real curve balls   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Inside Sales- Account Manager Interview

Inside Sales- Account Manager
Voorhees, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CDW in February 2014.

Interview Details – Recruiter called and left message, we missed each other and via email scheduled a phone interview. There was an online skill/personality test prior to phone interview.

Interview Question – Recruiter wanted to know if the job was my first choice. I said I would not know until I knew more about the company, job and management. The recruiter was not satisfied with my response and continued to push for an answer of yes or no.   Answer Question

Inside Sales- Account Manager Interview

Inside Sales- Account Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at CDW.

Interview Details – The interview process is long. Initially there is an online assessment followed by two phone interviews. Next, there is an in person interview which is pretty challenging.

Interview Question – Many situational based questions   Answer Question

Chandler, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CDW.

Interview Details – Applied Online. Was contacted about scheduling a phone interview. Shortly after that I moved on to an in person interview the following week. Second interview two days later. Offered job while at 2nd interview. They wanted to know decision within 24 hours, seemed very rushed.

Interview Question – Describe your biggest failure and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offer seemed very rushed.

Worked for CDW? Contribute to the Community!