CDW

Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.7

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CDW in November 2014.

Applied online and was contacted for an initial phone interview. The initial phone interview was about 20 mins and then we scheduled another ~45 min phone interview for the following day. Went through my resume and experiences in more depth and then was asked some behavioral psychology questions- ie Give a specific example of a time you had to motivate someone to take action.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked how I would respond to hypothetical scenarios if I was on the job as an account manager at CDW. For example, what would you do if a customer called and told you they found a competitor's product at a lower price.   View Answer

Starting salary is really low- 25k + little commission for first few years. Not planning to stay in sales long term so doesn't make sense.

Other Interview Reviews for CDW

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CDW.

Originally met them at our school's career fair. Was invited to apply online. Submitted application and completed personality assessment. Was contacted same day and asked to participate in a phone screening. Phone screening was about two weeks later. Lasted about 50 minutes - half questions half selling CDW.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all about personal preferences. There were some very straight forward, standard behavioral questions at the end. Not difficult.   Answer Question

They straight up said I wouldn't be able to afford to live where the office location was from my first-year compensation. Not exactly how I want to start my career.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW in October 2014.

Applied online the next day a HR called & did a phone interview with basic questions.. Tell me a time when you......... She then set up a phone interview with the Sales Manager. This interview was more intense a lot of behavioral questions, interview lasted 50 min.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to deal with an irate customer.   Answer Question

Low Salary.

Inside Sales- Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW in September 2014.

Applied online. First conversation with recruiter discussed start date and salary. Once those were agreed upon, phone interview scheduled with recruiter for following week. Online personality assessment with about 100 questions emailed to me and needed to be completed before phone interview. Phone interview was 1 hour in length and very detailed. Used behavioral-based questions to determine how I have acted in the past under specific circumstances. Was recommended for next step in interview process at the end of the phone interview. In-person interview with hiring manager scheduled for following week. Approximately one hour with additional behavioral-based questions. Discussed office culture and about specific skills needed to be successful in the role. Was contacted after the interview and offered role same day but told it could take a few days.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a customer who was quoted a single printer from you call and say they found the same printer at a different retailer for a cheaper price, how would you react?   View Answer
    Salary and start date was non-negotiable for Account Manager position.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at CDW.

The process was very quick. I closed the final interview well. Asked if they had any "reservations" about me as a candidate and they said no. But then I didn't get an offer. There was no indication what qualities they didn't like. It was just a "sorry we don't want you..."

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you were met with opposition on an idea.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CDW in June 2014.

I applied online. Immidiately took an online personality assessment. I finished this by 9 am. I receive a a call at 2 to schedule a phone interview for ten the next day. The interview was very basic. Asked about a sales experience when I upgraded a customer. Asked about my college degree. She offered job right away. Definitely in a rush to hire. They are apparently looking to start a training class aug 11. This is a position for someone with little sales experience. Salary is the lowest I have seen-25k an avg rep can make 35k. First few months you make 12/hr. and 70-100 outbound calls a day to build a book of business. Not what I'm looking for. I Pursued this opp based on the reviews of the company and their standing. This is an excellent company from what I have read .

Interview Questions

Salary was extremely low. Over qualified for specific position

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CDW in June 2014.

First applied online uploading resume and letters of recommendations. Secondly, took an online personality assessment test. Two days later was called to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about an hour and was mostly made up of behavioral question and two scenarios on how I would handle them.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CDW.

Phone interview was straight to the point, we got into salary pretty quickly because we both knew I was qualified. I turned down the offer of around 25k a year as a base salary.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CDW.

I was contacted by a recruiter. Had one phone interview with her and then an in person interview with the Manager of the sales team. The recruiter was very helpful along the way and explained every step of the process and followed up right after the in person interview. The in person interview was pretty straight forward and the manager told me exactly what to expect coming in.

I took another offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CDW.

Applied and called within a week. Had a phone interview, then called two weeks later to set up an in person interview. Declined their offer.