CDW Inside Sales Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2015

2.7

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CDW.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted a few days later by a recruiter. Recruiter called to explain the position (25k base salary non-negotiable, 5.5 months of training, eligible for commission during third phase of training). She explained that it takes 3-5 years to build relationships and start making good money. She estimated that account managers typically make low 30's for the first 2 years. Set up a follow-up call, and she sent an email to help prepare for the interview. Phone interview took about 40 minutes. Went through my resume and experience, and asked behavior interview questions. The pay is extremely low.

Interview Questions

• If a customer found a printer at a different retailer for a cheaper price, how would you react? Tell me about a time you influenced someone.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CDW

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW.

Interview

Process was smooth and helpful. The recruiter that contacted me was very thorough and up front about the position.

Applied online, then was contacted by the recruiter. After that there was a personality test, phone interview, then a one on one interview with a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. 25K base.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW.

Interview

Applied online within a few days received a phone call from a friendly recruiter who went over some scenario and behavioral based questions which lasted about twenty minutes. Received another phone call a few days latter again about setting up an interview with the hiring manager and another recruiter which again went over behavioral and scenario based questions. this interview lasted a about an hour total.

Interview Questions

• random scenario based questions about sales and past experiences nothing difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation

$12.25 hourly for 6 weeks during training. must pass a few tests to be put on salary! once an official team member $25k starting no negation room.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CDW.

Interview

Hiring process included a phone interview that was about 15 minutes that gave details of position. Set up phone interview for following week that will ask basic questions. Representative was very up front about salary and what the job specifications are.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question so far is why do I want to work for the company.   Answer Question

Low Salary, 25K non negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for an initial phone interview. The initial phone interview was about 20 mins and then we scheduled another ~45 min phone interview for the following day. Went through my resume and experiences in more depth and then was asked some behavioral psychology questions- ie Give a specific example of a time you had to motivate someone to take action.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would respond to hypothetical scenarios if I was on the job as an account manager at CDW. For example, what would you do if a customer called and told you they found a competitor's product at a lower price.   1 Answer

Starting salary is really low- 25k + little commission for first few years. Not planning to stay in sales long term so doesn't make sense.

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CDW (Herndon, VA).

Interview

Originally met them at our school's career fair. Was invited to apply online. Submitted application and completed personality assessment. Was contacted same day and asked to participate in a phone screening. Phone screening was about two weeks later. Lasted about 50 minutes - half questions half selling CDW.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all about personal preferences. There were some very straight forward, standard behavioral questions at the end. Not difficult.   Answer Question

They straight up said I wouldn't be able to afford to live where the office location was from my first-year compensation. Not exactly how I want to start my career.

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW (Chandler, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online the next day a HR called & did a phone interview with basic questions.. Tell me a time when you......... She then set up a phone interview with the Sales Manager. This interview was more intense a lot of behavioral questions, interview lasted 50 min.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with an irate customer.   Answer Question

Low Salary.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at CDW.

Interview

The process was very quick. I closed the final interview well. Asked if they had any "reservations" about me as a candidate and they said no. But then I didn't get an offer. There was no indication what qualities they didn't like. It was just a "sorry we don't want you..."

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were met with opposition on an idea.   Answer Question

Inside Sales- Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW (Tampa, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online. First conversation with recruiter discussed start date and salary. Once those were agreed upon, phone interview scheduled with recruiter for following week. Online personality assessment with about 100 questions emailed to me and needed to be completed before phone interview. Phone interview was 1 hour in length and very detailed. Used behavioral-based questions to determine how I have acted in the past under specific circumstances. Was recommended for next step in interview process at the end of the phone interview. In-person interview with hiring manager scheduled for following week. Approximately one hour with additional behavioral-based questions. Discussed office culture and about specific skills needed to be successful in the role. Was contacted after the interview and offered role same day but told it could take a few days.

Interview Questions

• If you had a customer who was quoted a single printer from you call and say they found the same printer at a different retailer for a cheaper price, how would you react?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary and start date was non-negotiable for Account Manager position.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CDW (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Immidiately took an online personality assessment. I finished this by 9 am. I receive a a call at 2 to schedule a phone interview for ten the next day. The interview was very basic. Asked about a sales experience when I upgraded a customer. Asked about my college degree. She offered job right away. Definitely in a rush to hire. They are apparently looking to start a training class aug 11. This is a position for someone with little sales experience. Salary is the lowest I have seen-25k an avg rep can make 35k. First few months you make 12/hr. and 70-100 outbound calls a day to build a book of business. Not what I'm looking for. I Pursued this opp based on the reviews of the company and their standing. This is an excellent company from what I have read .

Interview Questions

Salary was extremely low. Over qualified for specific position