CDW

Updated Aug 28, 2014

2.8

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at CDW.

The process was very quick. I closed the final interview well. Asked if they had any "reservations" about me as a candidate and they said no. But then I didn't get an offer. There was no indication what qualities they didn't like. It was just a "sorry we don't want you..."

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you were met with opposition on an idea.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CDW

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CDW in March 2014.

took 1+ week and was a pretty basic interview. Applied online and got a call from a recruiter and had your basic phone interview. Did pretty well on the phone interview and moved to the one on one interview. Was also pretty standard. Got an offer, but the base pay is ridiculously low.

Base pay to low

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2 days - interviewed at CDW in June 2014.

I applied online. Immidiately took an online personality assessment. I finished this by 9 am. I receive a a call at 2 to schedule a phone interview for ten the next day. The interview was very basic. Asked about a sales experience when I upgraded a customer. Asked about my college degree. She offered job right away. Definitely in a rush to hire. They are apparently looking to start a training class aug 11. This is a position for someone with little sales experience. Salary is the lowest I have seen-25k an avg rep can make 35k. First few months you make 12/hr. and 70-100 outbound calls a day to build a book of business. Not what I'm looking for. I Pursued this opp based on the reviews of the company and their standing. This is an excellent company from what I have read .

Interview Questions

Salary was extremely low. Over qualified for specific position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CDW in February 2010.

There is a prescreen with recruiting. Next there is a prescreen personality test, finally you interview with a hiring manager, possibly another if that manager thinks you are a good candidate but not specifically for them. The recruiting stage was the easiest as they are really trying to fill candidates. So they will help/steer you towards the answer they would like. Remember that as it will come in handy later.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are pretty standard for a sales role. Situational in content and plenty about overcoming obstacles or objections.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation for this role

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at CDW.

Phone interview was straight to the point, we got into salary pretty quickly because we both knew I was qualified. I turned down the offer of around 25k a year as a base salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW in March 2011.

First, I had a phone interview with a recruiter. They asked the typical questions, and then said there was no room at the office in Chicago and I would have to go on a waiting list, or I could apply for the Vernon Hills location right away. I told them I would rather wait to interview for the Chicago office. I was then called the next day to schedule an interview for the Chicago office, so apparently they were just trying to get people to apply for the Vernon Hills office. I was then brought in for a face to face interview with the person who would become my manager. She asked typical interview questions as well, no curveballs. I was offered a position on the spot, 25K base plus commission.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CDW.

I was contacted by a recruiter. Had one phone interview with her and then an in person interview with the Manager of the sales team. The recruiter was very helpful along the way and explained every step of the process and followed up right after the in person interview. The in person interview was pretty straight forward and the manager told me exactly what to expect coming in.

I took another offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CDW.

Applied and called within a week. Had a phone interview, then called two weeks later to set up an in person interview. Declined their offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mettawa, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW.

A couple of short phone conversations, then face to face with hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • nothing was difficult, its a job mainly for college kids so no real curve balls   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Inside Sales- Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Voorhees, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Voorhees, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at CDW in February 2014.

Recruiter called and left message, we missed each other and via email scheduled a phone interview. There was an online skill/personality test prior to phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Recruiter wanted to know if the job was my first choice. I said I would not know until I knew more about the company, job and management. The recruiter was not satisfied with my response and continued to push for an answer of yes or no.   Answer Question

Worked for CDW? Contribute to the Community!