CDW

Average Difficulty
203 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW.

Interview Details – Two interviews. Phone interview with a recruiter, then in person with a sales manager. Both asked various questions about my background and previous experiences, as well as a good amount of behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Name a time when you convinced a customer to say yes after they initially said no.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Account Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CDW in November 2010.

Interview Details – There was a process of 3 interviews and also a test based on character traits. Went thru a 3 series interview process meeting with mangagers and recruiters. Also there was an IQ test done that allowed them to guage your abililty to work with others.

Negotiation Details – There were really any negotiation stage.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at CDW in April 2011.

Interview Details – Detailed hiring process; met with representatives from different job functions. Began with phone screen; moved to phone interview by two people; moved to onsite interview by four people. Job offer was made within 24 hours of final interview conclusion.

Negotiation Details – Detailed and direct

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CDW in August 2011.

Interview Details – 30 minute phone call, then they bring you in. Good chance if that goes well then you will be offered a position on the spot. They do a background check to see if you attended the college you said. You will also undergo a drug test as well.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions about strengths, weaknesses, and times you overcame obstacles.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Inside Sales Account Manager
Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2 days - interviewed at CDW in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online. Immidiately took an online personality assessment. I finished this by 9 am. I receive a a call at 2 to schedule a phone interview for ten the next day. The interview was very basic. Asked about a sales experience when I upgraded a customer. Asked about my college degree. She offered job right away. Definitely in a rush to hire. They are apparently looking to start a training class aug 11. This is a position for someone with little sales experience. Salary is the lowest I have seen-25k an avg rep can make 35k. First few months you make 12/hr. and 70-100 outbound calls a day to build a book of business. Not what I'm looking for. I Pursued this opp based on the reviews of the company and their standing. This is an excellent company from what I have read .

Interview Question – Explain a time you up sold a customer   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was extremely low. Over qualified for specific position

Director Interview

Director
Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at CDW in April 2014.

Interview Details – Very good process overall. Lined up a variety of people for me to interview with, and just talk to about CDW and it's culture. Everyone was very friendly and professional. The cultural fit for an potential employee is critical and a lot of the interviewers are asking questions to understand how you approach issues, deal with colleagues, and work as a team (everyone is referred to as a co-worker at CDW, not an 'employee'). Successful applicants need to be able to demonstrate they have the entrepreneurial spirit seen in smaller companies but can appreciate the dynamics of working in a Fortune 500 (265) company. The talent acquisition specialist at CDW was great at keeping me informed throughout the process and checking in at key points. The only improvement they should make is to reduce the time it took to receive an offer after final interview. While I knew an offer was being prepared, the process was very drawn out and would run the risk of a candidate being lost to another employer.

Interview Question – No particularly difficult questions in themselves. However, the focus isn't just on what you achieved but on how you achieved it. The company is looking for evidence that people can work openly and collaboratively, and leave their egos at the door.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Recruiter Interview

Senior Recruiter
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CDW in March 2014.

Interview Details – The process was amazing. Quick and I was always kept in the loop with next steps and already felt part of the team right from the beginning. Very open about the company, role and environment.

Negotiation Details – Easy. I got exactly what I had hoped for. There was no negotiating

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CDW in May 2014.

Interview Details – First step- video interview submitted after application was submitted via employer Taleo portal online. Second step- over the phone interview with the recruiter Third step- over the phone interview with hiring manager Fourth step- in-person interview with hiring manager Fifth- offer stage(s)

Interview Question – There were a few that were role specific, but if you are a right fit it will be pretty easy to answer   Answer Question

Professional Services Manager Interview

Professional Services Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at CDW in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process included an initial interview with HR, then the hiring manager, then a panel interview which included a 30 minute presentation from the candidate. The panel consisted of the hiring manager's peers. One of the interviewers was not able to attend the panel interview and therefore I had another interview with him. The process took about 10 weeks.

Interview Question – The presentation requirement was interesting and challenging. The skeleton of the presentation was set. The questions were on topics key to the position... margins, establishing relationships, handling budgets, 90 day plan, what differentiates the candidate from other applicants and professional background. The questions during the presentation were specific to the presentation and the information provided.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did negotiate and the process was short. I spoke with HR and the hiring manager

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CDW in April 2011.

Interview Details – Long process, had 4 different interviews. First had a phone interview with a recruiter, then met with the department manager that I would be working for, then had a panel interview with several other managers that I'd be working with and finally a meeting with the Department Director.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were faced with a problem and the symptoms were the cause of the problem?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, ask for what you want.

Worked for CDW? Contribute to the Community!