CDW Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It's was your typical interview. Follow the STARS method and you should be fine. There were no surprises or trick questions. I think the biggest thing is being able to answer why you want the job.

Interview Questions

• What benefits would you bring to the team if you get hired?   Answer Question

Inside Sales- Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDW (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was a phone interview where I was asked my professional background information. After that segment I was then asked behavioral type questions to gauge how I would handle certain situations. The entire process took about 40 minutes. It was very straightforward and painless.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who purchased a printer from you calling back to tell you he found it cheaper through another company?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter then personality test. If you pass that the final round is a in-person interview with a sales manager and a tour of the office with your recruiter. Most people get the job once they get to the actual office interview. Just act dynamic and be confident once you get to the final round. Most questions are behavioral and they just want a chance to get to know who you are. Turned it down due to low base salary. Planning on moving to California next year and your accounts don't start rolling in money till like your 3rd year, then its big bucks.

Interview Questions

• All stars based behavioral questions. There was one sales based question about if a competitor left you for another company for a cheaper product, what would you do to persuade them back to CDW.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CDW.

Interview

Phone Interview Followed by a 1:1 standard interview. The innterview process was fairly standard and no curve balls or unexpected questions were asked. Based out of Chicago. My interview was at the downtown location but I believe could also be at another office if necessaryu.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CDW.

Interview

phone interview then onsite interview. very straight forward, set expectations. good interview. started at college recruiting fair. interviewer onsite is manager once hired, which was nice.

Interview Questions

• what are you looking for in a new career   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW.

Interview

Online sales test, phone screen, then in person interview. It was a very standard interview, not high stress , but not overly familiar either. The recruiter was professional and friendly, and the sales manager I spoke to was very to the point.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had failed, and how you were able to overcome the obstacle.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDW (Chandler, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

Very comfortable. The managers seemed relaxed and allowed for me to feel comfortable and relaxed as well. The managers who interviewed me are my managers in my career. So this allowed for me to get an understanding of my future manager.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and they set up a phone interview. They spoke about the salary, benefits, culture, average commissions, and the departments within CDW's sales teams. The actual phone interview was based on behavioral interview questions where I had to give examples of times that I have been successful.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time that you needed to persuade someone to do something?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CDW (Mettawa, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Great interview process. they give you good prep for the phone interview & for the actual interview too. if you read the prep & prepare answers, you'll do fine. The recruiter explained everything in full detail to me about the job. the interview questions are behavior based. I had a phone interview on a Friday & an in person interview on the following Monday. Offer made on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you solved a customer complaint.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL).

Interview

Was referred by employee. Had a Phone interview, in-person interview with HR rep and sales manager. Hired on the spot which was refreshing. Manager was very nice but was slightly missleading on salary range. Overall pleasant interview process.