CDW Inside Sales Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.7

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW.

Interview

Applied online, which was followed by a phone call which basically asked when a good time to do a phone interview was. Following the phone interview, whether or not they like you they will ask you to come in and do a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to convince someone something who did not agree with you to begin with.   1 Answer

Inside Sales- Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDW (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was a phone interview where I was asked my professional background information. After that segment I was then asked behavioral type questions to gauge how I would handle certain situations. The entire process took about 40 minutes. It was very straightforward and painless.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who purchased a printer from you calling back to tell you he found it cheaper through another company?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter then personality test. If you pass that the final round is a in-person interview with a sales manager and a tour of the office with your recruiter. Most people get the job once they get to the actual office interview. Just act dynamic and be confident once you get to the final round. Most questions are behavioral and they just want a chance to get to know who you are. Turned it down due to low base salary. Planning on moving to California next year and your accounts don't start rolling in money till like your 3rd year, then its big bucks.

Interview Questions

• All stars based behavioral questions. There was one sales based question about if a competitor left you for another company for a cheaper product, what would you do to persuade them back to CDW.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDW (Chandler, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

Very comfortable. The managers seemed relaxed and allowed for me to feel comfortable and relaxed as well. The managers who interviewed me are my managers in my career. So this allowed for me to get an understanding of my future manager.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted a few days later by a recruiter. Recruiter called to explain the position (25k base salary non-negotiable, 5.5 months of training, eligible for commission during third phase of training). She explained that it takes 3-5 years to build relationships and start making good money. She estimated that account managers typically make low 30's for the first 2 years. Set up a follow-up call, and she sent an email to help prepare for the interview. Phone interview took about 40 minutes. Went through my resume and experience, and asked behavior interview questions. The pay is extremely low.

Interview Questions

• If a customer found a printer at a different retailer for a cheaper price, how would you react? Tell me about a time you influenced someone.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW.

Interview

Process was smooth and helpful. The recruiter that contacted me was very thorough and up front about the position. Applied online, then was contacted by the recruiter. After that there was a personality test, phone interview, then a one on one interview with a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. 25K base.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW.

Interview

Applied online within a few days received a phone call from a friendly recruiter who went over some scenario and behavioral based questions which lasted about twenty minutes. Received another phone call a few days latter again about setting up an interview with the hiring manager and another recruiter which again went over behavioral and scenario based questions. this interview lasted a about an hour total.

Interview Questions

• random scenario based questions about sales and past experiences nothing difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation

$12.25 hourly for 6 weeks during training. must pass a few tests to be put on salary! once an official team member $25k starting no negation room.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW.

Interview

Hiring process included a phone interview that was about 15 minutes that gave details of position. Set up phone interview for following week that will ask basic questions. Representative was very up front about salary and what the job specifications are.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question so far is why do I want to work for the company.   Answer Question

Low Salary, 25K non negotiable

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CDW in December 2014.

Interview

Standard interview questions. Leadership qualities, how you handle objections and adversity, sources of motivation. Will vary depending on hiring manager and segment being interviewed for. Went through recruiter initially and did phone screening before in person interview

Interview Questions

• name a time you persuaded someone who didnt share your point of view initially   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for an initial phone interview. The initial phone interview was about 20 mins and then we scheduled another ~45 min phone interview for the following day. Went through my resume and experiences in more depth and then was asked some behavioral psychology questions- ie Give a specific example of a time you had to motivate someone to take action.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would respond to hypothetical scenarios if I was on the job as an account manager at CDW. For example, what would you do if a customer called and told you they found a competitor's product at a lower price.   1 Answer

Starting salary is really low- 25k + little commission for first few years. Not planning to stay in sales long term so doesn't make sense.