CDW

Updated May 22, 2014

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CDW in April 2014.

The scheduling part of my interview was a little clumsy. The HR person scheduled a time that didn't work for me before I had a chance to respond and tell her that time didn't work. I know she was having difficulty trying to coordinate all the CDW interviewers, but that should have been transparent to me. Once I arrived for the interview, everything went great. I was greeted by the hiring manager and taken to the interview room. I was offered a beverage and made to feel very comfortable, small talking with people while everyone arrived. We did introductions so I knew who everyone was and what their role is at the company and they got a little background on me. We then did a round table interview where each person asked a question and continued this for several rounds. The questions were both relevant and challenging. I was then given time to ask questions, which was very helpful for me.

Interview Questions
    • From Paul Liesse - how would you calculate Earned Value using the Scrum Methodology?   View Answer
    I felt like I could negotiate, but I wasn't sure who to negotiate with (HR or the hiring manager).

Senior Storage Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CDW in April 2014.

They arranged flights, hotel, car - everything. Good experience. Group interview. They made me feel very comfortable. Showed me around the Madison, WI site.

Interview Questions
    • Would I give up the NE Patriots and support the Packers or Bears?   View Answer
    Simple, quick, painless - went back and forth twice over some points, then it was completed.

Technical Architect - Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW.

Round robin questions with panel of 6

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you implemented a solution and it failed.   Answer Question
    None - I accepted with a great offer

Associate Service Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CDW.

CDW did a great job of engaging and follow up From Pre-interview to post interview. Everyone I met with was well prepared and were able to keep the interview interesting, each addressing different needs of the company. Nothing was redundant.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was asking where I have failed in my career or personal life. It is difficult to tell anyone of a failure. Interviewer did a great job though of listing to how that failure was learned from and the steps implemented to avoid that failure in the future.   Answer Question
    Was seamless. Initial offer was close to what I was expecting, CDW was able to accomadate two requests to make the offer more appealing.

Report Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CDW in November 2011.

You are teamed up with a recruiting teammate. They will deal with most aspects of the hiring process. They set up the interview time, prep you for it, review with you after the interview and then if the manager wants you on the team, the recruiter will let you know and talk about the salary range.

I had a 3 hour interview with 6 people(2 at a time , an hour per set), and then an offsite meeting with the department manager (about an hour). Both where normal interviews of typical questions and answers. Everyone was nice and very polite.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of "give an example of a time when you BLANK" Those I find are the hardest questions and with so many, I found it hard to not want to repeat answers for things.   Answer Question
    The recruiter called me back to let me know I was accepted for the position. He asked me what I was looking to make. It was back and forth a few numbers until we reached one that would work for both of us. Everything was done over the phone for salary negotiations. Still a very smooth process.

Engineer II Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at CDW in March 2010.

The hiring and interview process went smooth although I was an internal applicant.

I was told by the recruiter that I should ask for one number. Management came back stating they wouldn't pay more than $10k less than what I had asked for. I told them I wouldn't do it for no less than $2500 more than their max offer and they accepted.

If given a position at CDW in engineering, ask for as much money as you can otherwise you will live your life broke while your friends with IT jobs start lower level positions $10k, $20k, or even $30k higher than you all while doing half as much work.

Worked for CDW? Contribute to the Community!