CDW

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Associate Service Account Manager Interview

Madison, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CDW.

Interview Details – CDW did a great job of engaging and follow up From Pre-interview to post interview. Everyone I met with was well prepared and were able to keep the interview interesting, each addressing different needs of the company. Nothing was redundant.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was asking where I have failed in my career or personal life. It is difficult to tell anyone of a failure. Interviewer did a great job though of listing to how that failure was learned from and the steps implemented to avoid that failure in the future.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was seamless. Initial offer was close to what I was expecting, CDW was able to accomadate two requests to make the offer more appealing.

Report Coordinator Interview

Madison, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CDW in November 2011.

Interview Details – You are teamed up with a recruiting teammate. They will deal with most aspects of the hiring process. They set up the interview time, prep you for it, review with you after the interview and then if the manager wants you on the team, the recruiter will let you know and talk about the salary range.

I had a 3 hour interview with 6 people(2 at a time , an hour per set), and then an offsite meeting with the department manager (about an hour). Both where normal interviews of typical questions and answers. Everyone was nice and very polite.

Interview Question – They asked a lot of "give an example of a time when you BLANK" Those I find are the hardest questions and with so many, I found it hard to not want to repeat answers for things.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The recruiter called me back to let me know I was accepted for the position. He asked me what I was looking to make. It was back and forth a few numbers until we reached one that would work for both of us. Everything was done over the phone for salary negotiations. Still a very smooth process.

Engineer II Generalist Interview

Madison, WI

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at CDW in March 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process went smooth although I was an internal applicant.

Negotiation Details – I was told by the recruiter that I should ask for one number. Management came back stating they wouldn't pay more than $10k less than what I had asked for. I told them I wouldn't do it for no less than $2500 more than their max offer and they accepted.

If given a position at CDW in engineering, ask for as much money as you can otherwise you will live your life broke while your friends with IT jobs start lower level positions $10k, $20k, or even $30k higher than you all while doing half as much work.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CDW? Contribute to the Community!

CDW Videos

CDW – Why Work for Us?

​​Companies today are only as strong as the technology that supports them. That's where we come in. At CDW, we go far beyond delivering high-tech products. We provide customized services. And we deliver solutions… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CDW interview questions and advice in Madison, WI. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by CDW employees and interview candidates.