CDW

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mettawa, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CDW in September 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with a recruiter who basically told me what the manager was going to want to hear in my in-person interview. It made the in-person interview a breeze.

Interview Question – Al questions were very straight forward, mostly behavior-related questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotions - 25k base plus commission

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Mettawa, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at CDW.

Interview Details – While it took a long time to get in to interview the interview process went smoothly and the hiring process after that wasquick. The interviewer was very friendly and to the point but helped me feel comfortable throughout the entire process.

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was fair. The hiring manager and I went back and forth on a few points. I feel the hiring manager truly heard me and told me what they could and couldn't do and why. It was a win/win situation in the end.

Sales Operations Supervisor Interview

Sales Operations Supervisor
Mettawa, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CDW in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter via email, then a phone interview and an in person interview with the hiring managers. The process took about 3 weeks. There are internal approvals that can delay the final notification that you have been hired so don't get discouraged.

Interview Question – I was not expecting to share my failures and how I dealt with them.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – We went back in forth a few times but in the end I was satisfied.

Mettawa, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW.

Interview Details – A couple of short phone conversations, then face to face with hiring manager

Interview Question – nothing was difficult, its a job mainly for college kids so no real curve balls   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Mettawa, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CDW.

Interview Details – After speaking with an HR representative on the phone and being asked many behavioral-type questions, I was then offered an interview at an office with a sales manager. I met with someone who showed me around the building first, and then prepared me for the interview by answering questions and giving me expectations for the interview. I then met with the manager, who was laid back and asked me more behavioral type questions.

Interview Question – The manager noticed I had changed professions and industries, so he asked me why I decided to leave the industry I was in for a job in sales.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Account Manager Small Business Interview

Account Manager Small Business

Interviewed at CDW

Interview Details – was referred by a friend who received a $50 bonus upon my completion of 30 days. i was called and briefly screened a week after submitting my resume, and asked to come in for an interview on the same call. i interviewed with a sales manager in a small interview room in the mettawa location. process was straight forward, and i was asked a short assortment of commonly asked questions regarding my skills, employment, and education. i received an offer on the spot.

Interview Question – how does your education apply to your potential career in inside sales?   Answer Question

Mettawa, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CDW in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was recruited through careerbuilder.com. They found my resume. I had a recruiter send me an email to see if I was interested in the position. The next followed by a phone interview, then a 1v1 interview, then another phone interview with my regional manager.

Interview questions are easy. If you want the job just show a lot of interest and find all the interview questions online and prepare them accordingly for a sales job.

Interview Question – What is your weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO NEGOTIATIONS! Will not budge

Mettawa, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CDW in October 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was ridiculously rushed. I was interviewed by phone and after a day I got a call back telling me that if I wanted to be considered for the job, I had to do an onsite interview within 4 days. (I got that call on a Wednesday night). I went to the interview got an offer a day later.

But then, I get told by the recruiter. "Oh, and if you want the job you have to start Monday." This was during a phone call on the Friday night before.

Right there I declined the offer. They have no sense of courtesy towards the people they interview and have no respect for people's time.

Interview Question – You have a customer that ordered a printer of a certain brand and model, but we don't have the printer in stock. What do you do in order to 1) not loose the sale 2) give the customer what he wants?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was given a few days notice of a MANDATORY starting date. If I couldn't make their starting date, I wouldn't be hired. So I told NO.

Mettawa, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at CDW in December 2011.

Interview Details – Standard stuff. Tell me about your resume, a time you overcame a challenge, strengths/weaknesses, etc.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you overcame a challenge.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – 100+ cold calls a day for $25k a year? Uh, no.

Sales Account Manager Interview

Sales Account Manager
Mettawa, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CDW in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and got called by a recruiter three days later. I had a phone interview with the recruiter an hour after he initially called me. We set up for an inperson interview with a sales account mananger. The Interviewer had an attitude. He felt that the recruiters did not understand the job of a sales account manager. He did not like anyone who did not have any sales experience.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CDW? Contribute to the Community!

CDW Videos

CDW – Why Work for Us?

​​Companies today are only as strong as the technology that supports them. That's where we come in. At CDW, we go far beyond delivering high-tech products. We provide customized services. And we deliver solutions… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CDW interview questions and advice in Mettawa, IL. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by CDW employees and interview candidates.