CDW Sales Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.9

Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW.

Interview

Online sales test, phone screen, then in person interview. It was a very standard interview, not high stress , but not overly familiar either. The recruiter was professional and friendly, and the sales manager I spoke to was very to the point.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had failed, and how you were able to overcome the obstacle.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CDW

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview was overall a two step process. The first process was through a recruiter/HR representative who set up a phone interview. This allowed for HR to be able to gain an understanding of who you are, off of the paper resume and how you think and speak. More or less, it felt more like a conversation than an actual interview. They also wanted to make sure you understood the position you were applying for and what you could expect so that they didn't bring you in and blind side you with the role. The second step was a formal interview at their office with the managers of the team. My experience with the manager was less than great. The issue with a manager conducting the interview is they can lack the experience to ask questions and really gain information from the candidate. The interviewer didn't seem to do any research on who I was and what I had done prior to applying. I did not feel this during my previous conversations with HR and it could have been the manager's first time interviewing, being that he was only a couple years older than me. I have had friends work with CDW and they had better experiences. Overall it was a fairly standard interview with no real curveballs. Many of the questions felt like a HR 101 guide to interviewing. Tell me a time you experienced trouble in the office, what is your strengths/weaknesses, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe an adversity you experienced in the office or life and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Found job through on-campus recruiting. Process started with initial phone interview then followed with two Hirevue video conferencing interviews. Final interview was with team leader. Completed interview process without having to go to the downtown office. The recruiters are very nice and very helpful for helping to prepare for final interview with team manager

Interview Questions

• Name a time you successfully sold and idea/item to someone who didn't see eye-to-eye with you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Every few months the company has interviews to fill their training classes. My guess is to replace the people that have left. There are places to find a list of questions, if you want the job find the questions. The training process is 8 weeks and pays $800 per week.

Interview Questions

• There are a lot of questions, as stated you need to find the list. Even after answering all the questions, you will need to meet with a few managers to get approved.   Answer Question

Inside positions only

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CDW (Tampa, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

Great culture, after we discussed specific questions the 2 interviewers had they asked me to ask questions

Interview Questions

• How do you utilize technology daily?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for Sales Account Manager position. $25,000 base

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

They tried to get me to sign an offer and when i told them I wasn't ready they said they would only give me 24hrs. I felt too pressured.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work under pressure and the result was favorable or unfavorable.   Answer Question

No women were seen in the working area

Anonymous Employee in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CDW (Mettawa, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied online and got called by a recruiter three days later. I had a phone interview with the recruiter an hour after he initially called me. We set up for an inperson interview with a sales account mananger. The Interviewer had an attitude. He felt that the recruiters did not understand the job of a sales account manager. He did not like anyone who did not have any sales experience.