CDW Interview Questions in Vernon Hills, IL

Updated Jul 2, 2015

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL).

Interview

Was referred by employee. Had a Phone interview, in-person interview with HR rep and sales manager. Hired on the spot which was refreshing. Manager was very nice but was slightly missleading on salary range. Overall pleasant interview process.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL).

Interview

The CDW recruiters don't have strength in IT recruiting and rely heavily on outside resources. In my case I applied online and they responded quickly. The interview process was smooth and they moved quickly. Before I got home from the interview I had an offer. The negotiation process was cordial and created a win-win.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick and painless. Other than the phone screen, which was mixed in with my call with a recruiter to discuss potential positions, all three 1 on 1 interviews were in the same day. I had an office visit and knocked out all interviews in one morning. From the phone screen to job offer in hand was 8 days. The whole process was pretty straightforward.

AP Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process went very smooth. The recruiter kept in contact and kept mu up to date with weekly emails. The position was explained in detail and the recruiter was very knowledgeable on the requirements.

Interview Questions

• They asked detail questions about my qualifications. Why are you leaving your current job? What are your plans for the future? Why CDW?   Answer Question

Customer Relations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview and 2 face to face interviews within about a month. I thought they were standard interview processes and the questions were very pertinent to the position I obtained. the phone was with a recruiter, first face to face with manager, second with the director.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the exact questions but they were situational and behavioral looking for answers from my past experiences and how I managed those issues.   1 Answer

Customer Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, and two face to face interviews. More personalized than most. I was relieved that there wasn't a "personality test" or the "wonderlic". They care about how you manage people and how you care to finish the job and care about exceeding expectations

Interview Questions

• How do you exceed expectations at your current job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a lot of negotiation room at the entry level position, but they were gracious and attentive to my counter offer. Super honest about their position on pay scale. I knew it was a stretch but had to try. But I know that the advancement opportunities at CDW will allow me to exceed my compensation goals in a short time.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

The entire interview process was quick and of average difficulty. The process from application to offer took about 2 weeks. The interview process consisted of a phone interview followed by an on-site interview which consisted of meeting individually with 6 coworkers for 30 minutes each. The interviews focused highly on behavioral questions.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Although lengthy, my Recruiter and Hiring Manager did an excellent job of keeping me posted throughout the process and they met each communication deadline they committed to. Interview consisted of a phone interview with the Recruiter followed by an in-person one-on-one with the Hiring Manager. The next step was an interview panel with a/ the subordinates of this position where I had to present to them my 30-60-90 day plan, a tour of the Distribution Center, then followed by another panel interview consisting of 6 panel members (4 in the room and 2 via teleconference). Last round of the interview process was a 30 minute one-on-one with the Vice President of the Division and another 30 minutes with the Hiring Manager. After this I received an offer within a week and started 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• From the Interview Panel from Sales: How do you plan to handle the needs of 3000 Account Managers all having different requests?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation since the offer exceeded my expectations.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

What an easy process from start to finish. After applying to the position through the website I received a call the very next week. Was scheduled for a phone interview with the Recruiter who was very friendly and informative about the position and CDW. She made sure I understood the interviewing process and was then scheduled for an onsite interview within the next two weeks. Everyone on the interviewing team took the time to not only find out about my background and expertise, but took the time to really talk about CDW and why people come to work here and more importantly why they stay. It was one of the best interviews I think I every went through. Everyone made me fell like I was already apart of the team. That is what made it for me!!!!! Great company,people and culture!!!!

Data Warehouse/Data Quality Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

First step: Over the phone with a recruiter within the agency as the initial round of screenings
    Second step: HireVue, virtual technical screening to get a general feel and level of response, highly recommend having as plain of a background to maintain focus on you, dress casual, well lit area, no audio or noise in the background, good light that flatters you, reliable internet connection
    Third step: In-person interview with the team, it'll be a mix bag between one on one, two on one which will either have one on conference or both dependent on schedule.

Interview Questions

• You have a hand full of flower, # many of [type], # many of [this type], # many of [that type], # many of [another type], how many of [type] do you have?   Answer Question