CDW Interview Questions in Vernon Hills, IL

Updated Jul 7, 2015

Telephony Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

I was presented with an itinerary with meeting times for multiple members of the IT team. One of the engineers did not show up until the first phase was half over. Another engineers took half of the first phase checking and replying to e-mails on his Blackberry. His attention was obviously occupied by his Blackberry because he was oblivious to the fact that he was repeating questions. The second phase was with the manager of the engineering team. The manager was obviously very ill with some sort of cold or bronchitis and could barely speak but was very thorough in her questioning of technical, organizational, and behavioral aspects. During the third phase, the senior manager was very condescending and made it a point for me to know that I was wasting his time. 24 hours after the interview, I withdrew my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• Did you write this resume or did someone else write it for you?   1 Answer

Helpdesk Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

when hired I had a double interview and a working interview. Where i was required to build install hardware components into a desktop.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Laid back relaxing but high sales conversation and in depth questions. Many questions about your drive, competitiveness, and your definition of success. They stress a lot on expectations and if you're ready to meet and go above and beyond.

Data Warehouse/Data Quality Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

First step: Over the phone with a recruiter within the agency as the initial round of screenings Second step: HireVue, virtual technical screening to get a general feel and level of response, highly recommend having as plain of a background to maintain focus on you, dress casual, well lit area, no audio or noise in the background, good light that flatters you, reliable internet connection Third step: In-person interview with the team, it'll be a mix bag between one on one, two on one which will either have one on conference or both dependent on schedule.

Interview Questions

• You have a hand full of flower, # many of [type], # many of [this type], # many of [that type], # many of [another type], how many of [type] do you have?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Although lengthy, my Recruiter and Hiring Manager did an excellent job of keeping me posted throughout the process and they met each communication deadline they committed to. Interview consisted of a phone interview with the Recruiter followed by an in-person one-on-one with the Hiring Manager. The next step was an interview panel with a/ the subordinates of this position where I had to present to them my 30-60-90 day plan, a tour of the Distribution Center, then followed by another panel interview consisting of 6 panel members (4 in the room and 2 via teleconference). Last round of the interview process was a 30 minute one-on-one with the Vice President of the Division and another 30 minutes with the Hiring Manager. After this I received an offer within a week and started 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• From the Interview Panel from Sales: How do you plan to handle the needs of 3000 Account Managers all having different requests?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation since the offer exceeded my expectations.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

What an easy process from start to finish. After applying to the position through the website I received a call the very next week. Was scheduled for a phone interview with the Recruiter who was very friendly and informative about the position and CDW. She made sure I understood the interviewing process and was then scheduled for an onsite interview within the next two weeks. Everyone on the interviewing team took the time to not only find out about my background and expertise, but took the time to really talk about CDW and why people come to work here and more importantly why they stay. It was one of the best interviews I think I every went through. Everyone made me fell like I was already apart of the team. That is what made it for me!!!!! Great company,people and culture!!!!

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Very good process overall. Lined up a variety of people for me to interview with, and just talk to about CDW and it's culture. Everyone was very friendly and professional. The cultural fit for an potential employee is critical and a lot of the interviewers are asking questions to understand how you approach issues, deal with colleagues, and work as a team (everyone is referred to as a co-worker at CDW, not an 'employee'). Successful applicants need to be able to demonstrate they have the entrepreneurial spirit seen in smaller companies but can appreciate the dynamics of working in a Fortune 500 (265) company. The talent acquisition specialist at CDW was great at keeping me informed throughout the process and checking in at key points. The only improvement they should make is to reduce the time it took to receive an offer after final interview. While I knew an offer was being prepared, the process was very drawn out and would run the risk of a candidate being lost to another employer.

Interview Questions

• No particularly difficult questions in themselves. However, the focus isn't just on what you achieved but on how you achieved it. The company is looking for evidence that people can work openly and collaboratively, and leave their egos at the door.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick and painless. Other than the phone screen, which was mixed in with my call with a recruiter to discuss potential positions, all three 1 on 1 interviews were in the same day. I had an office visit and knocked out all interviews in one morning. From the phone screen to job offer in hand was 8 days. The whole process was pretty straightforward.

Corporate Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

HR phone screen for 30 minutes. HR phone interview with hiring manager for 30 minutes. Called to headquarters to interview with three members of the corporate communications team, including the hiring manager. One interviewer received a call from one of her kids and she moved to turn off the phone, but the hiring manager urged her to take it, saying, "Remember--family before work." It wasn't a display on my behalf, since the mom obviously felt badly that she hadn't turned off her phone. I don't have dependents anymore, but made a solid impression on me. In fact, the entire team made an great case for success through collaboration.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to be when you grow up?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? If you weren't in this field, what would you be doing?   1 Answer

Customer Relations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview and 2 face to face interviews within about a month. I thought they were standard interview processes and the questions were very pertinent to the position I obtained. the phone was with a recruiter, first face to face with manager, second with the director.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the exact questions but they were situational and behavioral looking for answers from my past experiences and how I managed those issues.   1 Answer