CDW Interview Questions in Vernon Hills, IL

Updated Feb 19, 2015
Updated Feb 19, 2015

Telephony Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

I was presented with an itinerary with meeting times for multiple members of the IT team. One of the engineers did not show up until the first phase was half over. Another engineers took half of the first phase checking and replying to e-mails on his Blackberry. His attention was obviously occupied by his Blackberry because he was oblivious to the fact that he was repeating questions. The second phase was with the manager of the engineering team. The manager was obviously very ill with some sort of cold or bronchitis and could barely speak but was very thorough in her questioning of technical, organizational, and behavioral aspects. During the third phase, the senior manager was very condescending and made it a point for me to know that I was wasting his time.

24 hours after the interview, I withdrew my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• Did you write this resume or did someone else write it for you?   1 Answer

Data Warehouse/Data Quality Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

First step: Over the phone with a recruiter within the agency as the initial round of screenings
    Second step: HireVue, virtual technical screening to get a general feel and level of response, highly recommend having as plain of a background to maintain focus on you, dress casual, well lit area, no audio or noise in the background, good light that flatters you, reliable internet connection
    Third step: In-person interview with the team, it'll be a mix bag between one on one, two on one which will either have one on conference or both dependent on schedule.

Interview Questions

• You have a hand full of flower, # many of [type], # many of [this type], # many of [that type], # many of [another type], how many of [type] do you have?   Answer Question

Helpdesk Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

when hired I had a double interview and a working interview. Where i was required to build install hardware components into a desktop.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

Initial communications were detailed and professional. I worked with a recruiter which facilitated most of the exchanges. The communications were very welcoming and seemed to anticipate the interview as well as hopeful of a positive outcome. The interview process was well organized and interviewers were focused, prepared, and well engaged in our conversation. I met with the appropriate individuals given my level and the Company provided numerous different interviewers in different departments to also allow me to gain differing perspectives from different finance groups.

Interview Questions

• I found no questions particularly unusual or difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My recruiter handled the negotiations and the Company offered me everything I asked for on the first round which both myself and my recruiter were thoroughly impressed by. CDW did not seem to want to nickel and dime the compensation package but rather demonstrate their investment into their employees by offering a fair package that I requested.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Although lengthy, my Recruiter and Hiring Manager did an excellent job of keeping me posted throughout the process and they met each communication deadline they committed to. Interview consisted of a phone interview with the Recruiter followed by an in-person one-on-one with the Hiring Manager. The next step was an interview panel with a/ the subordinates of this position where I had to present to them my 30-60-90 day plan, a tour of the Distribution Center, then followed by another panel interview consisting of 6 panel members (4 in the room and 2 via teleconference). Last round of the interview process was a 30 minute one-on-one with the Vice President of the Division and another 30 minutes with the Hiring Manager. After this I received an offer within a week and started 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• From the Interview Panel from Sales: How do you plan to handle the needs of 3000 Account Managers all having different requests?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation since the offer exceeded my expectations.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

The entire interview process was quick and of average difficulty. The process from application to offer took about 2 weeks. The interview process consisted of a phone interview followed by an on-site interview which consisted of meeting individually with 6 coworkers for 30 minutes each. The interviews focused highly on behavioral questions.

Customer Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, and two face to face interviews. More personalized than most. I was relieved that there wasn't a "personality test" or the "wonderlic". They care about how you manage people and how you care to finish the job and care about exceeding expectations

Interview Questions

• How do you exceed expectations at your current job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a lot of negotiation room at the entry level position, but they were gracious and attentive to my counter offer. Super honest about their position on pay scale. I knew it was a stretch but had to try. But I know that the advancement opportunities at CDW will allow me to exceed my compensation goals in a short time.

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process began with a 30 minute phone interview. The interviewer was very knowledgable and pleasant to talk with. She answered all my questions and provided me with information about the position, departmental structure and company philosophy.
    Approx. a week after the phone interview I was called in for a face to face interview with the Hiring Manager & Supervisor. Each interview went for about 45 minutes and was very productive. Both people were easy to talk to and asked very engaging questions about my experience and how I could use that to help CDW meet it's goals. They were also very forthcoming with information about the position and the company as a whole. A week after this interview I was called in for an interview with the Director. This was also a very productive interview. I felt very comfortable talking with everyone and all my questions were answered. Two days after this interview I was offered the position and gladly accepted.

Interview Questions

• How does your company calculate standard costs and how often are they updated?   Answer Question

Configuration Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL).

Interview

The process began with a technician hiring representative. Then, it escalated to a second interview with one of the technical dept. manager/supervisor. The experience, at that time, was very cordial.

Interview Questions

• It has been many years. I don't remember any specific question. However, they were, probably, typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It appears everyone started at the same rate with no experience.

Team Lead Mailroom Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Co-worker services will call to schedule a phone interview and if your phone interview is good it will be submitted to the interview manager of the department that you are applying.

Interview Questions

• Situations given by the interviewer that you should answer to the best of your knowledge and some microsoft applications like word. spreadsheet, excel.   1 Answer