CDW

16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Helpdesk Specialist Interview

Helpdesk Specialist
Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at CDW in October 2010.

Interview Details – when hired I had a double interview and a working interview. Where i was required to build install hardware components into a desktop.

Telephony Engineer Interview

Telephony Engineer
Vernon Hills, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at CDW in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was presented with an itinerary with meeting times for multiple members of the IT team. One of the engineers did not show up until the first phase was half over. Another engineers took half of the first phase checking and replying to e-mails on his Blackberry. His attention was obviously occupied by his Blackberry because he was oblivious to the fact that he was repeating questions. The second phase was with the manager of the engineering team. The manager was obviously very ill with some sort of cold or bronchitis and could barely speak but was very thorough in her questioning of technical, organizational, and behavioral aspects. During the third phase, the senior manager was very condescending and made it a point for me to know that I was wasting his time.

24 hours after the interview, I withdrew my candidacy.

Interview Question – Did you write this resume or did someone else write it for you?   View Answer

Solutions Manager Services Interview

Solutions Manager Services
Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at CDW in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had 2 phone interviews and five face to face meetings. Two with the hiring manager and three with members of the hiring manager's team. The people who I met with were professional. The work environment very energetic. The only challenge I had was that there seemed to be some confusion about the type of candidate they were looking for.

Interview Question – I don't think you have strong enough technical background to do this job. Am I correct? (This after I was told by the HR representative and the hiring manager that a technical background was not what the position required.)   Answer Question

Configuration Technician Interview

Configuration Technician
Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW.

Interview Details – The process began with a technician hiring representative. Then, it escalated to a second interview with one of the technical dept. manager/supervisor. The experience, at that time, was very cordial.

Interview Question – It has been many years. I don't remember any specific question. However, they were, probably, typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It appears everyone started at the same rate with no experience.

Program Manager, Healthcare Interview

Program Manager, Healthcare
Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at CDW in February 2011.

Interview Details – The process up to meeting with the hiring supervisor went pretty smoothly. An HR phone interview and then I met with the team in person, which also went well. When I showed up for the F2F meeting, the hiring director was in the wrong location (downtown while I was in the suburbs). Took a while to reschedule due to her schedule and when we finally met, it did not go well.

Interview Question – Tell me how you would go about putting together a Marketing Strategy given that you've never worked in the industry?   Answer Question

Team Lead Mailroom Interview

Team Lead Mailroom
Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CDW in February 2014.

Interview Details – Co-worker services will call to schedule a phone interview and if your phone interview is good it will be submitted to the interview manager of the department that you are applying.

Interview Question – Situations given by the interviewer that you should answer to the best of your knowledge and some microsoft applications like word. spreadsheet, excel.   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CDW in September 2008.

Interview Details – it was a pleasant experience, the recuriter was great she told me everything that would happen next. I was very happy to get the offer letter.

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CDW in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process began with a 30 minute phone interview. The interviewer was very knowledgable and pleasant to talk with. She answered all my questions and provided me with information about the position, departmental structure and company philosophy.
Approx. a week after the phone interview I was called in for a face to face interview with the Hiring Manager & Supervisor. Each interview went for about 45 minutes and was very productive. Both people were easy to talk to and asked very engaging questions about my experience and how I could use that to help CDW meet it's goals. They were also very forthcoming with information about the position and the company as a whole. A week after this interview I was called in for an interview with the Director. This was also a very productive interview. I felt very comfortable talking with everyone and all my questions were answered. Two days after this interview I was offered the position and gladly accepted.

Interview Question – How does your company calculate standard costs and how often are they updated?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Supply Chain Analyst
Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CDW in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied on CDW's website, received a phone call the next day from CDW's recruiter. Consisted of a brief phone interview, basically screening me to see if I'd be a good fit for the position. Went into CDW the next day for a face to face interview with the hiring manager and an associate. Was very laid back. Both parties seemed very nice and knew what they were looking for. Received a phone call two hours later extending an offer. Was honestly the quickest interview process I've ever been through. The recruiter even said that this was extremely fast and was very surprised how quickly it went.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was happy with the offer so didn't feel it necessary to negotiate.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CDW in September 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communications were detailed and professional. I worked with a recruiter which facilitated most of the exchanges. The communications were very welcoming and seemed to anticipate the interview as well as hopeful of a positive outcome. The interview process was well organized and interviewers were focused, prepared, and well engaged in our conversation. I met with the appropriate individuals given my level and the Company provided numerous different interviewers in different departments to also allow me to gain differing perspectives from different finance groups.

Interview Question – I found no questions particularly unusual or difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My recruiter handled the negotiations and the Company offered me everything I asked for on the first round which both myself and my recruiter were thoroughly impressed by. CDW did not seem to want to nickel and dime the compensation package but rather demonstrate their investment into their employees by offering a fair package that I requested.

Worked for CDW? Contribute to the Community!