CDW

16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Telephony Engineer Interview

Telephony Engineer
Vernon Hills, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at CDW in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was presented with an itinerary with meeting times for multiple members of the IT team. One of the engineers did not show up until the first phase was half over. Another engineers took half of the first phase checking and replying to e-mails on his Blackberry. His attention was obviously occupied by his Blackberry because he was oblivious to the fact that he was repeating questions. The second phase was with the manager of the engineering team. The manager was obviously very ill with some sort of cold or bronchitis and could barely speak but was very thorough in her questioning of technical, organizational, and behavioral aspects. During the third phase, the senior manager was very condescending and made it a point for me to know that I was wasting his time.

24 hours after the interview, I withdrew my candidacy.

Interview Question – Did you write this resume or did someone else write it for you?   View Answer

Helpdesk Specialist Interview

Helpdesk Specialist
Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at CDW in October 2010.

Interview Details – when hired I had a double interview and a working interview. Where i was required to build install hardware components into a desktop.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CDW in September 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communications were detailed and professional. I worked with a recruiter which facilitated most of the exchanges. The communications were very welcoming and seemed to anticipate the interview as well as hopeful of a positive outcome. The interview process was well organized and interviewers were focused, prepared, and well engaged in our conversation. I met with the appropriate individuals given my level and the Company provided numerous different interviewers in different departments to also allow me to gain differing perspectives from different finance groups.

Interview Question – I found no questions particularly unusual or difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My recruiter handled the negotiations and the Company offered me everything I asked for on the first round which both myself and my recruiter were thoroughly impressed by. CDW did not seem to want to nickel and dime the compensation package but rather demonstrate their investment into their employees by offering a fair package that I requested.

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CDW in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process began with a 30 minute phone interview. The interviewer was very knowledgable and pleasant to talk with. She answered all my questions and provided me with information about the position, departmental structure and company philosophy.
Approx. a week after the phone interview I was called in for a face to face interview with the Hiring Manager & Supervisor. Each interview went for about 45 minutes and was very productive. Both people were easy to talk to and asked very engaging questions about my experience and how I could use that to help CDW meet it's goals. They were also very forthcoming with information about the position and the company as a whole. A week after this interview I was called in for an interview with the Director. This was also a very productive interview. I felt very comfortable talking with everyone and all my questions were answered. Two days after this interview I was offered the position and gladly accepted.

Interview Question – How does your company calculate standard costs and how often are they updated?   Answer Question

Configuration Technician Interview

Configuration Technician
Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW.

Interview Details – The process began with a technician hiring representative. Then, it escalated to a second interview with one of the technical dept. manager/supervisor. The experience, at that time, was very cordial.

Interview Question – It has been many years. I don't remember any specific question. However, they were, probably, typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It appears everyone started at the same rate with no experience.

Team Lead Mailroom Interview

Team Lead Mailroom
Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CDW in February 2014.

Interview Details – Co-worker services will call to schedule a phone interview and if your phone interview is good it will be submitted to the interview manager of the department that you are applying.

Interview Question – Situations given by the interviewer that you should answer to the best of your knowledge and some microsoft applications like word. spreadsheet, excel.   View Answer

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CDW in April 2011.

Interview Details – Long process, had 4 different interviews. First had a phone interview with a recruiter, then met with the department manager that I would be working for, then had a panel interview with several other managers that I'd be working with and finally a meeting with the Department Director.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were faced with a problem and the symptoms were the cause of the problem?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, ask for what you want.

Director Interview

Director
Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at CDW in April 2014.

Interview Details – Very good process overall. Lined up a variety of people for me to interview with, and just talk to about CDW and it's culture. Everyone was very friendly and professional. The cultural fit for an potential employee is critical and a lot of the interviewers are asking questions to understand how you approach issues, deal with colleagues, and work as a team (everyone is referred to as a co-worker at CDW, not an 'employee'). Successful applicants need to be able to demonstrate they have the entrepreneurial spirit seen in smaller companies but can appreciate the dynamics of working in a Fortune 500 (265) company. The talent acquisition specialist at CDW was great at keeping me informed throughout the process and checking in at key points. The only improvement they should make is to reduce the time it took to receive an offer after final interview. While I knew an offer was being prepared, the process was very drawn out and would run the risk of a candidate being lost to another employer.

Interview Question – No particularly difficult questions in themselves. However, the focus isn't just on what you achieved but on how you achieved it. The company is looking for evidence that people can work openly and collaboratively, and leave their egos at the door.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Vernon Hills, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW in January 2008.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview. Met with with HR person and person I would work. Last interview with with CFO who I did not "click" with.

Interview Question – Experience with business plans   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CDW in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was a little long they could have had more group /panel folks versus individual interviews initially. After the lengthy interview process I was roped along only to find out that i had to inquire that the position was given to someone who was promoted from within. The common courtesy is to let your candidates know that the position was filled ....

Interview Question – Provide methods used for gathering requirements   Answer Question

Worked for CDW? Contribute to the Community!