CDW

Getting the Interview

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Helpdesk Specialist Interview

Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at CDW in October 2010.

Interview Details – when hired I had a double interview and a working interview. Where i was required to build install hardware components into a desktop.

Telephony Engineer Interview

Vernon Hills, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at CDW in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was presented with an itinerary with meeting times for multiple members of the IT team. One of the engineers did not show up until the first phase was half over. Another engineers took half of the first phase checking and replying to e-mails on his Blackberry. His attention was obviously occupied by his Blackberry because he was oblivious to the fact that he was repeating questions. The second phase was with the manager of the engineering team. The manager was obviously very ill with some sort of cold or bronchitis and could barely speak but was very thorough in her questioning of technical, organizational, and behavioral aspects. During the third phase, the senior manager was very condescending and made it a point for me to know that I was wasting his time.

24 hours after the interview, I withdrew my candidacy.

Interview Question – Did you write this resume or did someone else write it for you?   View Answer

Solutions Manager Services Interview

Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at CDW in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had 2 phone interviews and five face to face meetings. Two with the hiring manager and three with members of the hiring manager's team. The people who I met with were professional. The work environment very energetic. The only challenge I had was that there seemed to be some confusion about the type of candidate they were looking for.

Interview Question – I don't think you have strong enough technical background to do this job. Am I correct? (This after I was told by the HR representative and the hiring manager that a technical background was not what the position required.)   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Configuration Technician Interview

Configuration Technician
Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW.

Interview Details – The process began with a technician hiring representative. Then, it escalated to a second interview with one of the technical dept. manager/supervisor. The experience, at that time, was very cordial.

Interview Question – It has been many years. I don't remember any specific question. However, they were, probably, typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It appears everyone started at the same rate with no experience.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CDW in September 2008.

Interview Details – it was a pleasant experience, the recuriter was great she told me everything that would happen next. I was very happy to get the offer letter.

Senior Accountant Interview

Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CDW in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process began with a 30 minute phone interview. The interviewer was very knowledgable and pleasant to talk with. She answered all my questions and provided me with information about the position, departmental structure and company philosophy.
Approx. a week after the phone interview I was called in for a face to face interview with the Hiring Manager & Supervisor. Each interview went for about 45 minutes and was very productive. Both people were easy to talk to and asked very engaging questions about my experience and how I could use that to help CDW meet it's goals. They were also very forthcoming with information about the position and the company as a whole. A week after this interview I was called in for an interview with the Director. This was also a very productive interview. I felt very comfortable talking with everyone and all my questions were answered. Two days after this interview I was offered the position and gladly accepted.

Interview Question – How does your company calculate standard costs and how often are they updated?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CDW in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied on CDW's website, received a phone call the next day from CDW's recruiter. Consisted of a brief phone interview, basically screening me to see if I'd be a good fit for the position. Went into CDW the next day for a face to face interview with the hiring manager and an associate. Was very laid back. Both parties seemed very nice and knew what they were looking for. Received a phone call two hours later extending an offer. Was honestly the quickest interview process I've ever been through. The recruiter even said that this was extremely fast and was very surprised how quickly it went.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was happy with the offer so didn't feel it necessary to negotiate.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CDW in September 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communications were detailed and professional. I worked with a recruiter which facilitated most of the exchanges. The communications were very welcoming and seemed to anticipate the interview as well as hopeful of a positive outcome. The interview process was well organized and interviewers were focused, prepared, and well engaged in our conversation. I met with the appropriate individuals given my level and the Company provided numerous different interviewers in different departments to also allow me to gain differing perspectives from different finance groups.

Interview Question – I found no questions particularly unusual or difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My recruiter handled the negotiations and the Company offered me everything I asked for on the first round which both myself and my recruiter were thoroughly impressed by. CDW did not seem to want to nickel and dime the compensation package but rather demonstrate their investment into their employees by offering a fair package that I requested.

Product Manager Interview

Vernon Hills, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CDW in January 2008.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview. Met with with HR person and person I would work. Last interview with with CFO who I did not "click" with.

Interview Question – Experience with business plans   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CDW in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was a little long they could have had more group /panel folks versus individual interviews initially. After the lengthy interview process I was roped along only to find out that i had to inquire that the position was given to someone who was promoted from within. The common courtesy is to let your candidates know that the position was filled ....

Interview Question – Provide methods used for gathering requirements   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CDW? Contribute to the Community!

CDW Videos

CDW – Why Work for Us?

​​Companies today are only as strong as the technology that supports them. That's where we come in. At CDW, we go far beyond delivering high-tech products. We provide customized services. And we deliver solutions… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CDW interview questions and advice in Vernon Hills, IL. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by CDW employees and interview candidates.