CDW

2.9

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Bid Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at CDW in October 2013.

Environment was very friendly, CDW is definitely family oriented. They ask questions to help determine a persons personality. I would say CDW is probably one of my favorite interviews.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW in January 2011.

Very good interview. Easy going.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you grew your previous organization's revenue?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CDW in October 2011.

Applied on CDW's website, received a phone call the next day from CDW's recruiter. Consisted of a brief phone interview, basically screening me to see if I'd be a good fit for the position. Went into CDW the next day for a face to face interview with the hiring manager and an associate. Was very laid back. Both parties seemed very nice and knew what they were looking for. Received a phone call two hours later extending an offer. Was honestly the quickest interview process I've ever been through. The recruiter even said that this was extremely fast and was very surprised how quickly it went.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you had to defend a decision you made?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to persuade someone to see things your way?   Answer Question
    I was happy with the offer so didn't feel it necessary to negotiate.

Solutions Manager Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at CDW in January 2011.

I had 2 phone interviews and five face to face meetings. Two with the hiring manager and three with members of the hiring manager's team. The people who I met with were professional. The work environment very energetic. The only challenge I had was that there seemed to be some confusion about the type of candidate they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think you have strong enough technical background to do this job. Am I correct? (This after I was told by the HR representative and the hiring manager that a technical background was not what the position required.)   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CDW in September 2008.

it was a pleasant experience, the recuriter was great she told me everything that would happen next. I was very happy to get the offer letter.

Program Manager, Healthcare Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CDW in February 2011.

The process up to meeting with the hiring supervisor went pretty smoothly. An HR phone interview and then I met with the team in person, which also went well. When I showed up for the F2F meeting, the hiring director was in the wrong location (downtown while I was in the suburbs). Took a while to reschedule due to her schedule and when we finally met, it did not go well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you would go about putting together a Marketing Strategy given that you've never worked in the industry?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CDW in January 2008.

Initial phone interview. Met with with HR person and person I would work. Last interview with with CFO who I did not "click" with.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CDW in August 2010.

The interview process was a little long they could have had more group /panel folks versus individual interviews initially. After the lengthy interview process I was roped along only to find out that i had to inquire that the position was given to someone who was promoted from within. The common courtesy is to let your candidates know that the position was filled ....

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CDW in September 2013.

Initial communications were detailed and professional. I worked with a recruiter which facilitated most of the exchanges. The communications were very welcoming and seemed to anticipate the interview as well as hopeful of a positive outcome. The interview process was well organized and interviewers were focused, prepared, and well engaged in our conversation. I met with the appropriate individuals given my level and the Company provided numerous different interviewers in different departments to also allow me to gain differing perspectives from different finance groups.

Interview Questions
    • I found no questions particularly unusual or difficult.   Answer Question
    My recruiter handled the negotiations and the Company offered me everything I asked for on the first round which both myself and my recruiter were thoroughly impressed by. CDW did not seem to want to nickel and dime the compensation package but rather demonstrate their investment into their employees by offering a fair package that I requested.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CDW in August 2014.

Although lengthy, my Recruiter and Hiring Manager did an excellent job of keeping me posted throughout the process and they met each communication deadline they committed to. Interview consisted of a phone interview with the Recruiter followed by an in-person one-on-one with the Hiring Manager. The next step was an interview panel with a/ the subordinates of this position where I had to present to them my 30-60-90 day plan, a tour of the Distribution Center, then followed by another panel interview consisting of 6 panel members (4 in the room and 2 via teleconference). Last round of the interview process was a 30 minute one-on-one with the Vice President of the Division and another 30 minutes with the Hiring Manager. After this I received an offer within a week and started 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • From the Interview Panel from Sales: How do you plan to handle the needs of 3000 Account Managers all having different requests?   Answer Question
    No negotiation since the offer exceeded my expectations.