CDW Interview Questions in Vernon Hills, IL

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.9

Customer Solutions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Had a friend who worked at CDW said it was a great company and even gave me a referral. I applied and was contacted for a phone interview shortly after. The phone interview was simple enough, basic questions on my strengths/weaknesses what I wanted to achieve for the future. A week later I was invited to an in-person interview with the Senior Manager of Customer Relations. The interview was pretty simple, fairly easy behavioral and experience questions. About another week after, I got a call from a second round interview, where they had me do a quick proficiency test on their claims system. overall a fairly easy process but in the end they went with a more experienced candidate.

Interview Questions

• Q: In your past work experience, how did you handle a particularly angry customer?   Answer Question

Corporate Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

HR phone screen for 30 minutes. HR phone interview with hiring manager for 30 minutes. Called to headquarters to interview with three members of the corporate communications team, including the hiring manager. One interviewer received a call from one of her kids and she moved to turn off the phone, but the hiring manager urged her to take it, saying, "Remember--family before work." It wasn't a display on my behalf, since the mom obviously felt badly that she hadn't turned off her phone. I don't have dependents anymore, but made a solid impression on me. In fact, the entire team made an great case for success through collaboration.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to be when you grow up?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? If you weren't in this field, what would you be doing?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick and painless. Other than the phone screen, which was mixed in with my call with a recruiter to discuss potential positions, all three 1 on 1 interviews were in the same day. I had an office visit and knocked out all interviews in one morning. From the phone screen to job offer in hand was 8 days. The whole process was pretty straightforward.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL).

Interview

Was referred by employee. Had a Phone interview, in-person interview with HR rep and sales manager. Hired on the spot which was refreshing. Manager was very nice but was slightly missleading on salary range. Overall pleasant interview process.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Laid back relaxing but high sales conversation and in depth questions. Many questions about your drive, competitiveness, and your definition of success. They stress a lot on expectations and if you're ready to meet and go above and beyond.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL).

Interview

The CDW recruiters don't have strength in IT recruiting and rely heavily on outside resources. In my case I applied online and they responded quickly. The interview process was smooth and they moved quickly. Before I got home from the interview I had an offer. The negotiation process was cordial and created a win-win.

Customer Relations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview and 2 face to face interviews within about a month. I thought they were standard interview processes and the questions were very pertinent to the position I obtained. the phone was with a recruiter, first face to face with manager, second with the director.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the exact questions but they were situational and behavioral looking for answers from my past experiences and how I managed those issues.   1 Answer

AP Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process went very smooth. The recruiter kept in contact and kept mu up to date with weekly emails. The position was explained in detail and the recruiter was very knowledgeable on the requirements.

Interview Questions

• They asked detail questions about my qualifications. Why are you leaving your current job? What are your plans for the future? Why CDW?   Answer Question

Customer Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, and two face to face interviews. More personalized than most. I was relieved that there wasn't a "personality test" or the "wonderlic". They care about how you manage people and how you care to finish the job and care about exceeding expectations

Interview Questions

• How do you exceed expectations at your current job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a lot of negotiation room at the entry level position, but they were gracious and attentive to my counter offer. Super honest about their position on pay scale. I knew it was a stretch but had to try. But I know that the advancement opportunities at CDW will allow me to exceed my compensation goals in a short time.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

The entire interview process was quick and of average difficulty. The process from application to offer took about 2 weeks. The interview process consisted of a phone interview followed by an on-site interview which consisted of meeting individually with 6 coworkers for 30 minutes each. The interviews focused highly on behavioral questions.