CEB

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CEB in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online for the position through the company website and was contacted within a week to schedule a phone screen with a recruiter. The recruiter sent the link to an assessment to complete online.

Interview Question – Typical questions - strengths/ weaknesses/ tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Account Manager

I applied online and interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details – I had two interviews. The first was over the phone with someone in the recruiting department. They called and set up a time to talk within a week of me submitting my resume online. The interviewer was smart and enthusiastic and indicated that she would contact me again if I would be considered for the position. I received a call and came into the office for a second interview. I met with two different people at the interview. They were both very intelligent and prepared. They asked a lot of thought provoking questions and were definitely focused on the behavioral based interview.

Interview Question – They asked me a question about what was the best class I took during college. That threw me off because at the time I had been out of school for over a year and had another job before interviewing for this one and did not anticipate many questions about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a "moving bonus" which helped encourage me to accept this position at the time.

Account Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details – I spoke to the recruiter a couple of times who then arranged for me to take an online test. After I passed, she arranged an interview with the hiring manager and the hiring manager's boss. After the initial interview, I was given feedback and was given an offer within a couple of weeks.

Interview Question – Not too many difficult questions, was required to write a few responses to behavioral questions and essentially expounded on them during the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate too much, but wish I had. I am working harder than I have in a long time for about $20k less.

Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews then take online IQ test. If you pass the test they'll invite you in for a panel meeting. The meeting lasts about 1hr and based upon the STAR technique. If they like you you'll get an offer within 24hrs.

Interview Question – none, just have an example (real or fake) about how you handled every type of sales situation.   Answer Question

Arlington, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred to the company by a director. I was contacted almost immediately to set up a phone interview which consisted of very basic behavioral questions. It was about 30 minutes in length. I was then directed to take 2 online assessments: one skills and one personality. About a week after completing those I was contacted to set up a face to face interview approximately one week later. I arrived and was interviewed by 2 directors of different divisions. The interview was, again, largely behavioral. Questions consisted of "Tell me about a time when...." what did you do, and what was the outcome. The interviewers were quite friendly and personable. I did not receive an offer, but was informed via phone call in a short amount of time (2 days)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an irate client. What did you do?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a difficult or unusual request from a client. What did you do?   Answer Question

Arlington, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at CEB in August 2008.

Interview Details – Sent applciation through someone who already worked there and heard back for a phone interview within a few days. After passing the phone interview, I was asked to come in for a series of 1:1 interviews within a few more days. Recruiting process was very robust, professional, and fast. Very nice change of pace from weeks or months long processes at other organizations.

Three 1:1 interviews in one day, including the manager I ended up working for. Standard behavioral interview questions. HR was not present for interviews. Each took 30 minutes. Some odd questions were thrown in to see how I would respond, so be ready for anything. The culture is extremely young, so don't be surprised if you are interviewed by people in their 20s.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?   View Answer
  • Why are manhole covers round? (No joke, this was asked. Be prepared for this sort of thing, in addition to standard behavioral questions.)   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable offer, even though it was not a starter job. Entire process was quick and professional. Pay was fine, but bonus potential was excellent.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CEB in June 2009.

Interview Details – Job description very different from actual job responsibilities. More sales than marketing focused.

Interview Question – How do you handle an irate client?   View Answer

Account Manager
Sr─źnagar, Jammu and Kashmir (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details – The Board would review profile as per requirement keeping tag on imagination, ability, pick up, decision making, temperament and manners of the candidate. Team leadership is as old a buzz word as the interview; so the board would choose tricky methods to dig deep into the inner being of the candidate while keeping him at the comfort level.

Interview Question – Why do you want to take this job and that also at ours?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a period of unemployment those days

Interviewed at CEB

Interview Details – The first round is a phone screen with a recruiter. Following that there was a online assessment. Afterwards a live meeting with two department directors. The interview format was mostly behavioral based interview questions. Pretty straightforward. The questions are not overly difficult, but they did involve multiple parts, so I found it helpful to write them down.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to determine a customer's interest and buying power? What was your approach/   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at CEB

Worked for CEB? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CEB Account Manager interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by CEB employees and interview candidates.