CEB Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very short. I was qualified for the position but the only thing that seemed to matter was whether I had business to business sales experience. I have many years of sales experience (non-retail) but that wasn't good enough. The interview was effectively over after I told them that I had no business to business sales experience. Don't waste your time applying for this position unless you have this specific skill set. You will be very quickly disqualified otherwise.

Interview Questions

• What is your specific business to business sales experience?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CEB

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CEB.

Interview

I had two interviews. The first was over the phone with someone in the recruiting department. They called and set up a time to talk within a week of me submitting my resume online. The interviewer was smart and enthusiastic and indicated that she would contact me again if I would be considered for the position. I received a call and came into the office for a second interview. I met with two different people at the interview. They were both very intelligent and prepared. They asked a lot of thought provoking questions and were definitely focused on the behavioral based interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a question about what was the best class I took during college. That threw me off because at the time I had been out of school for over a year and had another job before interviewing for this one and did not anticipate many questions about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me a "moving bonus" which helped encourage me to accept this position at the time.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CEB in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online for the position through the company website and was contacted within a week to schedule a phone screen with a recruiter. The recruiter sent the link to an assessment to complete online.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions - strengths/ weaknesses/ tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CEB.

Interview

I spoke to the recruiter a couple of times who then arranged for me to take an online test. After I passed, she arranged an interview with the hiring manager and the hiring manager's boss. After the initial interview, I was given feedback and was given an offer within a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

• Not too many difficult questions, was required to write a few responses to behavioral questions and essentially expounded on them during the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate too much, but wish I had. I am working harder than I have in a long time for about $20k less.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA).

Interview

2 phone interviews then take online IQ test. If you pass the test they'll invite you in for a panel meeting. The meeting lasts about 1hr and based upon the STAR technique. If they like you you'll get an offer within 24hrs.

Interview Questions

• none, just have an example (real or fake) about how you handled every type of sales situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

I was referred to the company by a director. I was contacted almost immediately to set up a phone interview which consisted of very basic behavioral questions. It was about 30 minutes in length. I was then directed to take 2 online assessments: one skills and one personality. About a week after completing those I was contacted to set up a face to face interview approximately one week later. I arrived and was interviewed by 2 directors of different divisions. The interview was, again, largely behavioral. Questions consisted of "Tell me about a time when...." what did you do, and what was the outcome. The interviewers were quite friendly and personable. I did not receive an offer, but was informed via phone call in a short amount of time (2 days)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an irate client. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult or unusual request from a client. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CEB (Chicago, IL) in June 2009.

Interview

Job description very different from actual job responsibilities. More sales than marketing focused.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an irate client?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in August 2008.

Interview

Sent applciation through someone who already worked there and heard back for a phone interview within a few days. After passing the phone interview, I was asked to come in for a series of 1:1 interviews within a few more days. Recruiting process was very robust, professional, and fast. Very nice change of pace from weeks or months long processes at other organizations.

Three 1:1 interviews in one day, including the manager I ended up working for. Standard behavioral interview questions. HR was not present for interviews. Each took 30 minutes. Some odd questions were thrown in to see how I would respond, so be ready for anything. The culture is extremely young, so don't be surprised if you are interviewed by people in their 20s.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?   1 Answer
    • Why are manhole covers round? (No joke, this was asked. Be prepared for this sort of thing, in addition to standard behavioral questions.)   2 Answers

Negotiation

Non negotiable offer, even though it was not a starter job. Entire process was quick and professional. Pay was fine, but bonus potential was excellent.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Srīnagar, Jammu and Kashmir (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at CEB (Srīnagar, Jammu and Kashmir (India)).

Interview

The Board would review profile as per requirement keeping tag on imagination, ability, pick up, decision making, temperament and manners of the candidate. Team leadership is as old a buzz word as the interview; so the board would choose tricky methods to dig deep into the inner being of the candidate while keeping him at the comfort level.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to take this job and that also at ours?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a period of unemployment those days

Account Manager Interview

Interview

The first round is a phone screen with a recruiter. Following that there was a online assessment. Afterwards a live meeting with two department directors. The interview format was mostly behavioral based interview questions. Pretty straightforward. The questions are not overly difficult, but they did involve multiple parts, so I found it helpful to write them down.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to determine a customer's interest and buying power? What was your approach/   Answer Question