CEB Analyst Interview Questions

2.5

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CEB in June 2012.

I applied for a position online, and within a day or two, someone emailed me about scheduling a phone interview. In this first phone interview, the interviewer suggested I was overqualified for the position I applied for and instead suggested talking with another recruiter about a higher level position. That same day, I heard from the new recruiter and scheduled a phone interview for the other position.

After the 2nd phone interview, they set up in-person interviews with 4 individuals in one day across 2 different positions, to see what would be the best fit. The next morning, they offered me one of the positions. The recruiter got me really excited about the position and was great to work with.

Interview Questions
They offered me a salary that was slightly more than expected, and I was still able to negotiate simply by mentioning my previous earnings.

Other Interview Reviews for CEB

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CEB.

I applied online and was quickly contacted a couple days later to set up a phone screen for that day. That interview quickly went over basic questions about my background and understanding of the position. Immediately afterwards I was e-mailed an invite for a phone interview the next day with the direct hiring manager.

That interview was more in-depth about the position and, specifically, my qualifications. I received an e-mail follow-up just minutes afterwards about coming in the next week to meet with the team. I was also e-mailed an online skills assessment while simultaneously scheduled for an in-person interview. I had the option of doing the assessment before or after the in-person interview.

The in-person interview involved a 45-minute phone interview at the office with a remote-based senior employee on team. After that was done, the hiring manager and a peer employee came into the room to interview me. I was asked questions about my current job as well as previous jobs included on my resume. I was also given the opportunity throughout the interview to ask questions.

Upon asking when I should expect to hear back, I was told HR would contact me about next steps. Unfortunately, I was told on two separate occasions that I would hear back by the end of the week, but two weeks elapsed from the time of my in-person interview to the time I learned I would not be receiving an offer. I received an unusually personable rejection e-mail which indicated I was a finalist, but that someone else was their first choice, hence the delay in getting back to me. They wanted to keep me around in case their number one rejected the offer.

Interview Questions
    • During the phone interview with the hiring manager I was asked how I sort my e-mails (since they get a lot of e-mails at work). I found that to be a rather odd question. I was also asked for my GPA from college but nothing further after I stated the number.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Initial telephonic interview, few smart tests you must clear, then more rounds of interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB in January 2008.

The interview process usually has 3-4 rounds with the first round being a more general HR interview. The second and third round are usually case based interviews. You will be provided with some time to gather your thoughts and provide a solution. Cases can range from 'declining profit' to guesstimates. The final round is from a senior stakeholder who will ask you in general about your ambitions, goals, expectations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at CEB in December 2009.

It was very simple and efficient. I met with the team and we had formal 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions

Worked for CEB? Contribute to the Community!