CEB

Very Easy Interview

IT Specialist Interview

IT Specialist
Arlington, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CEB in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on Linkedin, had a phone interview scheduled an hour later. Was invited to the office for an in person interview, then for a phone interview with the MD of the department. Got the offer that day. However, there were several questions I asked that I feel I was mislead on:

1. Was there Mandatory Overtime in the position?
Answer: "No, we do not require mandatory overtime."
Reality: I have been on several projects that required 12+ hour days multiple days a week that were "Something you should be doing in your position."

2. What is the turnover rate in the company?
Answer: "I'm not sure, but usually people move up and not out."
Reality: In my role, I am responsible for starters and leavers for my region. A lot of people don't last more than 30 days, maybe even as many as 35%

3. What is the likelihood of moving up in the company?
Answer: "We like to promote from the inside, so really good."
Reality: "I am working with a man who has been with the company for 13 years, 7 of them in the role that I was hired for on day one on a two man team managed by someone in the UK."

Interview Question – Are you an organized person?   Answer Question

Business Development/Account Management Associate Interview

Business Development/Account Management Associate
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details – Phone Interview - More than average walk me through your resume etc.; the interviewer asked a few behavioral questions so be ready. 2 Online Assessments, 1 Reading Test and 1 Personality Test. Interview in person with 2 people; easy and casual. Offer extended a little over a week later. Recruiter was helpful and sent a lot of material to help prepare for the interview.

Interview Question – All Behavioral Questions. Go to the Interview Toolkit on their website under the Career section - all of the behavioral questions were on the list. Follow CAR method and practice talking over your answers before the interview. The questions are very detailed/ specific but if you prepare you will be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Training Associate Interview

Training Associate
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at CEB in June 2011.

Interview Details – The recruitment process was well organized and the communication was thorough. Unfortunately, the actual interview was unorganized and disjointed. It started late. I interviewed with two people but was only told about one. The interviewers seemed to be asking off-the-cuff questions instead of specific interview questions.

Interview Question – They asked technical questions about sales training.   Answer Question

Sales Development Associate Interview

Sales Development Associate
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB in April 2014.

Interview Details – applied through linkedin, contacted by recruiter, phone interview, behavioral quiz, in-person interview in DC, offered job the next day, people seemed friendly, office was casual and trendy...people wrote on the walls to brainstorm

Interview Question – How did you let a supervisor know you were a good person to ask for advice and describe a situation where this occurred   Answer Question

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Senior Research Analyst
Arlington, VA

I applied online - interviewed at CEB in May 2013.

Interview Details – For an HR best-practices company, CEB needs to seriously reconsider its hiring process. It started simply enough: I applied for a research analyst position while I was pursuing my MA. Soon after, I was invited to do a phone interview—just basic background questions. Soon after, the recruiter followed up with a personality and problem-solving online test. About a week after I finished the test, the recruiter invited me to an in-person interview in Arlington.

I flew out and interviewed with three people—two behavioral interviews and a case interview. The case interview question was the same that everyone else has posted.

But what happened after is where CEB fell apart.

I sent follow-up emails to the two recruiters I was in contact with and each of my three interviewers. Not a single one got back to me. Obviously I didn't get the job... but that can only be assumed because no one took the time to let me know.

But what happened afterwards is really the icing on the cake.

About a year later (now), another recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn for the *exact same position.* She wanted me to start the process all over. I politely told her that I'm very happy at my current company and had no interest in CEB. A word to the wide: Take the time to treat applicants with respect.

TLDR: Disorganized and rude.

Interview Question – Pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Business Development Associate
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter online, then went through a phone screen and interview with them. Was forwarded an online assessment more than once with somewhat confusing log in procedures (their application portal isn't the easiest to use). Never got a confirmation that I successfully completed the assessment and was told I'd hear back at the end of the week about next steps and subsequently didn't. The following week received a stock email that they were moving forward with other candidates which wasn't completely shocking but considering the friendly rapport with the recruiter, I was slightly surprised to not wrap up with them personally. Reached out to say thanks again but never heard back.

Interview Question – All pretty standard questions, describe your background/this position, describe working through a difficulty, etc.   Answer Question

Print Design Specialist Interview

Print Design Specialist
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CEB in March 2013.

Interview Details – Received and email and spoke with someone saying I was interviewing for one position, and received an email from someone else in the company that said "Thank you for applying , but we are going forward with other candidates and will keep your information on file." When I emailed both, they said it was a glitch in the system and that I was to come in for my interview. They officially hired me before my background check was cleared but "things could change" and told me I could officially give my notice to my current company. With time winding down, they waited until the last day (exactly two weeks before my start date) to give me the "okay, all clear."

Interview Question – They asked me why I was I was leaving my current company and what I expected to get from the position at CEB.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They also don't offer much in terms of salary and definitely will not negotiate with you. Also, their disorganization left a bad taste in my mouth.

Research Consultant Interview

Research Consultant
Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CEB in March 2014.

Interview Details – As others have stated - three steps in the process, an initial interview with a recruiter, completing some online assessments, and then three 1-hour in-person interviews. The in-person interview consisted of a thought question, the standard behavioral interview, and then an exercise where I had to read an article and come up with a predictive model. Everyone was very nice and took the time to answer my questions. The HR process was strange. I was eventually told after many follow-ups on my part that I did well in the interview but they'd already filled the position. I was told to keep in touch in case future positions opened up. It took quite a while for me to get this answer out of HR. As a result, I didn't get a very positive impression of the company. I've not heard wonderful things about the company from others, as well as from the ratings on glassdoor so it's just as well.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB in January 2014.

Interview Details – two on the phone interviews and an in face interview with 2 of their hiring managers. courteous people on all accounts and the recruiter is flexible and willing to work with you through the entire process

Interview Question – unexpected question was what have you done for a coworker that made their lives easier?   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Business Development Associate
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CEB in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, was contacted by a recruiter, one phone interview, invited to their interview day and flown out, then had a day of presentations and at the end a building tour, which they call a job shadow, and a 2:1 interview.

Interview Question – how did you determine someone's values and use them as a way to close a sale   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at CEB

Worked for CEB? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CEB interview questions and advice in Arlington, VA. All 49 interview reviews posted anonymously by CEB employees and interview candidates.