CEB Interview Questions in Arlington, VA

Updated Jul 23, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

Although I am currently a senior at my university, I missed the hiring period for my school so I applied online after their deadline. This was not an issue. A recruiter emailed me within a week of my submission and we set up a time to do a phone interview about a week after. The phone interview was a rundown of my history and basic behavioral questions- nothing out of the ordinary. You will need to take a personality test and a reading comprehension test. This went well and I was invited to attend a final round with about 15 other applicants in Arlington about a month later. They put me up in a hotel the night before and we arrived early and had about three hours in the morning dedicated to presentations about the company. You can almost go into this day not knowing anything about the company. After lunch, you will sit in a 45 minute interview with two managers and they will ask you to give a run-down of your resume and ask you three basic behavioral questions- no case, nothing tricky. Following this you will shadow a BDA for about half an hour and then leave. Pretty simple day that went by quickly.

Interview Questions

• I would make sure you are familiar with CEB's challenger sales approach. This was a big portion of what they talked about. The behavioral questions are pretty standard with everywhere I've interviewed, just make sure you know yourself and have good examples from your experience. Follow the CAR model in telling your answers (Circumstance, Action, Result) and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online, was contacted by a recruiter, one phone interview, invited to their interview day and flown out, then had a day of presentations and at the end a building tour, which they call a job shadow, and a 2:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• how did you determine someone's values and use them as a way to close a sale   Answer Question

Practice Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Two hiring managers did a behavioral-based interview. They focus on a key competency per question and they tell you what that is. I was asked to respond with the situation, steps I personally took to address it, and outcome. Both interviewers were welcoming, nice, and professional. They were interested in truly getting to know me and my fit for the role, not on trying to throw me off deliberately.

Interview Questions

• Can't recall one that was out of left field. They were challenging questions, but nothing that surprised me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was an internal hire, so they offered me less. I was only able to negotiate 5%. External hires get better offers, though this is not a role that can be easily filled by an external hire. The role requires you to have in depth knowledge of all the ins and outs of CEB so external hires don't tend to do well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied through the online system and the process took about 3 weeks. After the phone interview, I had to do some online assessment tests and then the following week, they invited me to meet with three mangers at their headquarters. One have to be prepared to deal with multiple interviewers with different backgrounds. Everyone was super nice, very friendly and professional. It didn't feel stressful. Overall, quite enjoyable experience. They put a lot of weight on critical thinking, innovative and solid logic, having done some research is also very important, which could be school related as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an interesting idea or concept ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Finance Booking Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

I was contacted to schedule for a phone interview less than an hour after I applied. The phone interview was pretty standard. The recruiter just went through my resume. She then contacted me the same day to schedule for an onsite interview. I was interviewed by three people. Everybody was professional and the interview was easy. They made me feel comfortable.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by recruiter to schedule an initial phone screen. Phone screen was very simple, mostly informational with a few behavioral/sales questions. Asked to come in and interview with Revenue Support Manager and the Director of Marketing and Communications. Don't think that I would've heard back without my tireless follow up attempts.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your actions have convinced your supervisor to ask you for advice or help unsolicited.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online which was followed by two phone screens with their in house recruiter. We went over my resume as well as the requirements of the position. This was followed by a live interview at their corporate office in Arlington, VA. The whole process took about 2 weeks.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA).

Interview

2 phone interviews then take online IQ test. If you pass the test they'll invite you in for a panel meeting. The meeting lasts about 1hr and based upon the STAR technique. If they like you you'll get an offer within 24hrs.

Interview Questions

• none, just have an example (real or fake) about how you handled every type of sales situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

For an HR best-practices company, CEB needs to seriously reconsider its hiring process. It started simply enough: I applied for a research analyst position while I was pursuing my MA. Soon after, I was invited to do a phone interview—just basic background questions. Soon after, the recruiter followed up with a personality and problem-solving online test. About a week after I finished the test, the recruiter invited me to an in-person interview in Arlington. I flew out and interviewed with three people—two behavioral interviews and a case interview. The case interview question was the same that everyone else has posted. But what happened after is where CEB fell apart. I sent follow-up emails to the two recruiters I was in contact with and each of my three interviewers. Not a single one got back to me. Obviously I didn't get the job... but that can only be assumed because no one took the time to let me know. But what happened afterwards is really the icing on the cake. About a year later (now), another recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn for the *exact same position.* She wanted me to start the process all over. I politely told her that I'm very happy at my current company and had no interest in CEB. A word to the wide: Take the time to treat applicants with respect. TLDR: Disorganized and rude.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

Recently had an interview for the Senior Research Analyst position with the company, consisting of two 1-hour behavioral interviews and one 1-hour case interview. Before that, I had to take a couple of pre-interview exams online (a Hogan personality test and a Raven's Advanced Progressive Matrices test). Overall the process was very smooth and enjoyable. The interviewers were high caliber individuals and enjoyable to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Case interview question is same as a previous reviewer noted (you're a scientist that developed an eye drop solution that cures nearsightedness for 30 days/unit; it's FDA approved; you're presenting to a VC firm. Define a price point, the US market size, and a go-to-market strategy.) I would recommend using the interview toolkit on their website as far as what they are looking for.   Answer Question