CEB

Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.8

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Development Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CEB.

The process was pretty stress-free. I applied through my school and a recruiter reached out to me shortly after. I had a phone interview with her and a couple weeks later she informed me that I would be moving on to the final round. The final round was set in Chicago, IL with 4 other students (they hold multiple rounds like these throughout the year). There were several presentations...I walked out of there knowing so much more about the company than I did walking in. Everyone is extremely nice; most BDAs are straight out of college. I then had my behavioral interview with one of the managers and a recruiter. They were very nice as well. It was basic behavioral questions, nothing too hard. Just be confident in yourself, know why you want the position and why you want to work at CEB.

Interview Questions
  • "Give me a time when a manager came to you for a project. Why do you think they came to you for that specific project? What did you do?"   Answer Question
no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for CEB

Business Development Associate Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at CEB.

Submitted my resume and cover letter through my university's career website. Was notified that I had been invited for a first round interview. Had first round interview on campus with one interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you worked with a diverse team on a project and how did that diversity effect the outcome?   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CEB in November 2014.

First interview was a standard behavioral interview. Final Round interview was a video call interview that was also a behavioral interview.They usually get back to you within the week. Preparing for this interview is pretty standard if you read the questions they send you.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are not that hard as long as your prepare,   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB in November 2014.

Initially contacted by CEB after a current employee referred me to the position. Campus recruiter contacted me by email and arranged a phone interview and gave me a link to an online behavioral test and critical thinking test.
    Phone interview was with the campus recruiter, went well, and she asked basic questions about resume and told me about the company and the position. The recruiter also asked three relatively simple behavioral questions using the STAR method and then gave me time for questions. She then told me that I would hear from her the next day about scheduling a webcam interview.
    She did contact me and told me to email a scheduler with my availability over the next two weeks for a 45-60 minute behavioral interview with two hiring managers via video. She also told me when I received the email regarding the time of the interview I would also receive a link to completing an "Accomplishment Record" at least four business days before my interview. I received an email on Friday that my interview was on Tuesday--only two business days prior, and never received any information regarding the accomplishment record.
    The webcam interview instructions told me to log into a hiring solutions website but also to dial in a number via my phone. I did so 10 minutes before my interview, and waited for half an hour for the interviewers to show up--20 minutes after the interview was supposed to start. The interviewers told me they had technical difficulties, but did not apologize for my wait. One interviewer was using the webcam and another simply on the phone, so I had to talk with my phone while also on the webcam--a very awkward process. The interview began with basic information about the interviewers and then switched to me telling them about my resume. After this, they gave me 5 behavioral questions (some of which I had answered with the campus recruiter) and told me they wanted responses via the STAR method. Some of the questions were not pertinent to my experiences and were strictly tailored, looking for specific answers. The interviewers then allowed me time to ask questions, and then the interview ended.
    A week after the interview I received an email that the company was moving on with other candidates. I had a positive experience working with the campus recruiter, but did not particularly enjoy my interview with the two hiring managers due to their tardiness and occasional bluntness.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time working in a diverse group helped you learn?   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CEB in November 2014.

Applied online, they then sent me a personality assessment. I then had a behavioral phone interview where I was asked just 3 behavioral questions. They wanted me to answer the questions using the CAR process.

Business Development Associate Interview

The interview occured via webcam. There were multiple technical issues that lead to the interview to turn into a phone interview. The questions were very common for a behavioral interview. They have a certain way they want you to answer their questions. They want you to explain the situation, tell them about your actions, and then tell them what the result was. They will often ask rephrasing questions if you don't abide by that format.

Business Development Associate Interview

interviewed at CEB in September 2014.

I went through a recruiting program through school. I originally had an on campus interview a few days after the career fair and then I proceeded to contact my recruiter throughout the process. A few weeks after the initial interview I had to take a test in order to test my behavior. I then had another behavior interview coming up. Where they asked me questions about my previous experiences and from my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Just asked about my previous experiences and what I had to do for each one and a situation that went a long with their behavior analysis.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB.

Contacted by a recruiter online, then went through a phone screen and interview with them. Was forwarded an online assessment more than once with somewhat confusing log in procedures (their application portal isn't the easiest to use). Never got a confirmation that I successfully completed the assessment and was told I'd hear back at the end of the week about next steps and subsequently didn't. The following week received a stock email that they were moving forward with other candidates which wasn't completely shocking but considering the friendly rapport with the recruiter, I was slightly surprised to not wrap up with them personally. Reached out to say thanks again but never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty standard questions, describe your background/this position, describe working through a difficulty, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CEB.

Did two phone interviews and then an in person interview. Two phone interviews lasted around 30 minutes each, the in person lasted for about an hour and a half. The in person went very well and I was told to expect a call back within a week. I sent follow up emails to my interviewers thanking them, but never heard anything back. I emailed them, along with my HR contact, a week later but never heard a thing. Pretty rude honestly, I drove 3 hours for the interview and the night before they moved my interview from 3pm to 11am. Frankly I'm glad I didn't get the job but I was still peeved never hearing anything from them.

Interview Questions
    • The questions aren't difficult but they require you to really think in depth about past experiences, and have multiple takeaways from them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CEB in March 2014.

I was very impressed with CEB interview process. I met a recruiter at a career fair and submitted a resume with her. I heard back promptly in the time frame she noted. The first round was a phone interview - they were very honest about pay, expectations, and responsibilities and was very helpful in answering my questions. I then took an online assessment focusing on behavioral reactions. Next, I was invited to the office for a face-to-face interview with two manager level employees. Prior to the interview, I was asked to complete an Accomplishment Record to send 48 hours prior to the interview. They also outlined how I should approach and prepare for the interview (know why you want to work at CEB, know your resume, prepare questions, be professional). I thought HR did a great job preparing candidates for the interview and understanding what to expect.
    Once I got to the interview, the questions were all behavioral (as HR had noted). Obviously this can be very difficult but I was prepared and felt very comfortable with my interviewers. Finally, they told me I would hear back very soon, and I did (the next day).

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you either helped or did not help a coworker and explain why.   View Answer
    I didn't try to negotiate but I did hear some received signing bonuses, I did not.