CEB Business Development Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Contacted through a recruiter. Brief screening interview with her, followed by a phone interview with CEB HR team. Final round interview was a video conference call over a web application called hirevue. Very straight forward interview, asked about work experience and then about 5 behavioral questions. Not overly difficult if you follow the CAR apporach.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CEB

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at CEB in July 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was pretty easy. They broke it up into 3 parts, the first part is the person who is interviewing you tells you about themselves, then they ask you behavioral questions to get to know you, and lastly they ask you job related questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to present on a topic you knew a lot about.   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CEB in June 2015.

Interview

I received a call from the recruiter shortly after I applied. We went over my background and resume. Once she thought I would be an ideal fit for the position, she told me I had to pass the aptitude test (you complete it online). After passing the aptitude test, I was scheduled for an interview via video conference ( I don't live in Chicago yet, I'm on the west coast). I had to submit an accomplishment record (writing sample) prior to the interview. The recruiter was pretty helpful and gave me tips to do well on the interview. The actual interview itself felt difficult. I felt like the interviewer kept trying to throw me off, but once I touched based with the recruiter a few days after the interview she offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Has a client ever been disappointed with you after you could not provide something for them? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB.

Interview

Everyone within the hiring team was helpful and welcoming. There were several stages to the interview - screening, multiple online assessments, and a final face-to-face interview. Process took just a little over two weeks. Company very much focuses on diversity. Know your background, own it. Be confident. I would say, go in to these interviews with at least 4 or 5 examples with a STAR approach.

Interview Questions

• - Give me a time you dealt with a difficult situation and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CEB.

Interview

I was contacted by an outside recruiter who introduced the idea of interviewing. I was then contacted by the talent acquisition department for the initial interview. They dove straight into behavioral questions, which caught me a little off guard. I made it to the second round with an assessment that takes around an hour. Following they requested I complete an accomplishment record to have written record prior to my final interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to solve a problem quickly and what was the result. Tell me a time when you were influenced by another's culture and what impact did that have. Tell me a time when you used the art of persuasion and how did you influence someone to your idea.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CEB (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Recruited followed by a phone interview with the recruiter to gauge potential fit that involved generic description of resume and previous work experience. Invited back about a week later for an onsite interview and video interview. Generally related to fit with CEB and how i could see myself fitting in. still awaiting back on response.

Interview Questions

• Previous situation where I had to correct an error Time where I wasn't as prepared as I would like and how I tried to fix that issue   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I only got the initial phone interview which consisted of highlighting points on my resume and 3 behavioral type interview questions. The interviewer was a very nice woman. I did not get a second interview. I did not use glassdoor!

Interview Questions

• How are you able to interact with a diverse groups of people?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB (Dayton, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me scheduling a phone interview. After the first round they send you a short survey of personality and situational questions. Then another recruiter contacted me and conducted another longer interview. The next step in the process would have been a formal in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation, how you dealt with it, and the end result   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CEB.

Interview

Phone interview, Standardized assesment, they flew me up to the Arlington office and had an interview with their revenue support managers. Cool people, cool office. Not an overly hard interview-I recieved my offer within a week of live interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. All entry level sales jobs start at 40k

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CEB in March 2015.

Interview

About a week after I completed their online application, I received an email about doing a phone interview with an HR rep. The woman I spoke with was perfectly nice, but seemed a bit stiff and like she wanted to quickly go through a list of questions. After completing the phone interview, I was then told that I would be sent a reasoning test to complete within one week of my phone interview. The woman I spoke with told me that after my test was received, I would hear back from her one way or another regarding where I stood in the interview process. I have never heard anything back from the company, which I obviously understand means that I did not get an offer. Not receiving an offer is completely fine, but I would have preferred to have received an email or something after I had spent the time doing the phone interview and completing the exam.

Interview Questions

• What is one example of a time where you learned something from somebody that was different than you?   Answer Question