CEB Business Development Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.8

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB.

Interview

Everyone within the hiring team was helpful and welcoming. There were several stages to the interview - screening, multiple online assessments, and a final face-to-face interview. Process took just a little over two weeks.

Company very much focuses on diversity. Know your background, own it. Be confident. I would say, go in to these interviews with at least 4 or 5 examples with a STAR approach.

Interview Questions

• - Give me a time you dealt with a difficult situation and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CEB

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CEB in June 2015.

Interview

I received a call from the recruiter shortly after I applied. We went over my background and resume. Once she thought I would be an ideal fit for the position, she told me I had to pass the aptitude test (you complete it online). After passing the aptitude test, I was scheduled for an interview via video conference ( I don't live in Chicago yet, I'm on the west coast). I had to submit an accomplishment record (writing sample) prior to the interview. The recruiter was pretty helpful and gave me tips to do well on the interview. The actual interview itself felt difficult. I felt like the interviewer kept trying to throw me off, but once I touched based with the recruiter a few days after the interview she offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Has a client ever been disappointed with you after you could not provide something for them? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CEB.

Interview

I was contacted by an outside recruiter who introduced the idea of interviewing. I was then contacted by the talent acquisition department for the initial interview. They dove straight into behavioral questions, which caught me a little off guard. I made it to the second round with an assessment that takes around an hour. Following they requested I complete an accomplishment record to have written record prior to my final interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to solve a problem quickly and what was the result. Tell me a time when you were influenced by another's culture and what impact did that have. Tell me a time when you used the art of persuasion and how did you influence someone to your idea.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CEB (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Recruited followed by a phone interview with the recruiter to gauge potential fit that involved generic description of resume and previous work experience. Invited back about a week later for an onsite interview and video interview. Generally related to fit with CEB and how i could see myself fitting in. still awaiting back on response.

Interview Questions

• Previous situation where I had to correct an error
      Time where I wasn't as prepared as I would like and how I tried to fix that issue

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I only got the initial phone interview which consisted of highlighting points on my resume and 3 behavioral type interview questions. The interviewer was a very nice woman. I did not get a second interview. I did not use glassdoor!

Interview Questions

• How are you able to interact with a diverse groups of people?   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CEB.

Interview

Phone interview, Standardized assesment, they flew me up to the Arlington office and had an interview with their revenue support managers. Cool people, cool office. Not an overly hard interview-I recieved my offer within a week of live interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. All entry level sales jobs start at 40k

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CEB in March 2015.

Interview

About a week after I completed their online application, I received an email about doing a phone interview with an HR rep. The woman I spoke with was perfectly nice, but seemed a bit stiff and like she wanted to quickly go through a list of questions. After completing the phone interview, I was then told that I would be sent a reasoning test to complete within one week of my phone interview. The woman I spoke with told me that after my test was received, I would hear back from her one way or another regarding where I stood in the interview process. I have never heard anything back from the company, which I obviously understand means that I did not get an offer. Not receiving an offer is completely fine, but I would have preferred to have received an email or something after I had spent the time doing the phone interview and completing the exam.

Interview Questions

• What is one example of a time where you learned something from somebody that was different than you?   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CEB in February 2015.

Interview

Very heavy on the behavioral side of interviewing. At first my resume was walked through in detail where they asked me about my previous work experience. One the formal interview questions began, I was taken aback on how in-depth they expected answers to be. I was able to answer them, but somebody who has not had quite a bit of experience in a sales role would struggle with some of the questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you'd sold something to somebody, but they came back with disappointment. What did you tell them, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter followed by an online questionnaire for the first round. The final round was an in person interview with a writing sample. The writing sample was behavior and situational questions. The two people who interviewed me then asked me very similar questions that were in the written sample. I was hoping more for a conversation between peers about my skill set and the company needs. Instead it was more of an on the spot, standardized questioning. Much of which they already knew from my writting sample so I did not really see the point of asking basically the same questions over again. However,the recruiter and interviewers were very nice

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you were trying to meet a goal but something happened to prevent you from reaching that goal. What did you do? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted about a week after I applied online through my university's career services job board.
    Basic interview that transitioned from talking about my resume to behavior interview questions.
    I am a senior in college and have not have that much professional experience in sales, but was asked to describe several scenarios involved with previous sales experience.
    My lack of experience probably hurt my chances the most.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which a sale was slipping away. What was the outcome?   Answer Question