CEB Business Development Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.8

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CEB.

Interview

Phone interview, Standardized assesment, they flew me up to the Arlington office and had an interview with their revenue support managers. Cool people, cool office. Not an overly hard interview-I recieved my offer within a week of live interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. All entry level sales jobs start at 40k

Other Interview Reviews for CEB

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CEB in March 2015.

Interview

About a week after I completed their online application, I received an email about doing a phone interview with an HR rep. The woman I spoke with was perfectly nice, but seemed a bit stiff and like she wanted to quickly go through a list of questions. After completing the phone interview, I was then told that I would be sent a reasoning test to complete within one week of my phone interview. The woman I spoke with told me that after my test was received, I would hear back from her one way or another regarding where I stood in the interview process. I have never heard anything back from the company, which I obviously understand means that I did not get an offer. Not receiving an offer is completely fine, but I would have preferred to have received an email or something after I had spent the time doing the phone interview and completing the exam.

Interview Questions

• What is one example of a time where you learned something from somebody that was different than you?   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CEB in February 2015.

Interview

Very heavy on the behavioral side of interviewing. At first my resume was walked through in detail where they asked me about my previous work experience. One the formal interview questions began, I was taken aback on how in-depth they expected answers to be. I was able to answer them, but somebody who has not had quite a bit of experience in a sales role would struggle with some of the questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you'd sold something to somebody, but they came back with disappointment. What did you tell them, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter followed by an online questionnaire for the first round. The final round was an in person interview with a writing sample. The writing sample was behavior and situational questions. The two people who interviewed me then asked me very similar questions that were in the written sample. I was hoping more for a conversation between peers about my skill set and the company needs. Instead it was more of an on the spot, standardized questioning. Much of which they already knew from my writting sample so I did not really see the point of asking basically the same questions over again. However,the recruiter and interviewers were very nice

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you were trying to meet a goal but something happened to prevent you from reaching that goal. What did you do? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted about a week after I applied online through my university's career services job board.
    Basic interview that transitioned from talking about my resume to behavior interview questions.
    I am a senior in college and have not have that much professional experience in sales, but was asked to describe several scenarios involved with previous sales experience.
    My lack of experience probably hurt my chances the most.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which a sale was slipping away. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at CEB in February 2015.

Interview

I secured my interview through a career fair. The interview was in-person on campus the next day. After that, I had to submit an online application. It consisted of a few more behavioral questions. A few weeks later I was asked to fill out an accomplishment report, explaining three situations that I exhibited performance under certain circumstances. Finally, I had a Skype interview with someone from Arlington. Each step in the process was painless and straight forward. The salary (non-negotiable) was discussed in the first interview, which I very much appreciated.

Interview Questions

• The whole interview process was very largely behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CEB.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process. Behavioral questions and walk through of my resume. I applied online in about September, got contacted in late November/early December to do a phone interview. Following this there was a critical reasoning online test and a personality test. Last, there was a 2 person Skype interview. Overall, supportive process, no questions that were out of the blue or too challenging.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really any negotiation.

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CEB.

Interview

The process was pretty stress-free. I applied through my school and a recruiter reached out to me shortly after. I had a phone interview with her and a couple weeks later she informed me that I would be moving on to the final round. The final round was set in Chicago, IL with 4 other students (they hold multiple rounds like these throughout the year). There were several presentations...I walked out of there knowing so much more about the company than I did walking in. Everyone is extremely nice; most BDAs are straight out of college. I then had my behavioral interview with one of the managers and a recruiter. They were very nice as well. It was basic behavioral questions, nothing too hard. Just be confident in yourself, know why you want the position and why you want to work at CEB.

Interview Questions

• "Give me a time when a manager came to you for a project. Why do you think they came to you for that specific project? What did you do?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at CEB.

Interview

Submitted my resume and cover letter through my university's career website. Was notified that I had been invited for a first round interview. Had first round interview on campus with one interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you worked with a diverse team on a project and how did that diversity effect the outcome?   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CEB in November 2014.

Interview

First interview was a standard behavioral interview. Final Round interview was a video call interview that was also a behavioral interview.They usually get back to you within the week. Preparing for this interview is pretty standard if you read the questions they send you.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are not that hard as long as your prepare,   Answer Question