CEB Business Development Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

16 interviews

2.7

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB.

Contacted by a recruiter online, then went through a phone screen and interview with them. Was forwarded an online assessment more than once with somewhat confusing log in procedures (their application portal isn't the easiest to use). Never got a confirmation that I successfully completed the assessment and was told I'd hear back at the end of the week about next steps and subsequently didn't. The following week received a stock email that they were moving forward with other candidates which wasn't completely shocking but considering the friendly rapport with the recruiter, I was slightly surprised to not wrap up with them personally. Reached out to say thanks again but never heard back.

Interview Questions
  • All pretty standard questions, describe your background/this position, describe working through a difficulty, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CEB

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CEB.

Did two phone interviews and then an in person interview. Two phone interviews lasted around 30 minutes each, the in person lasted for about an hour and a half. The in person went very well and I was told to expect a call back within a week. I sent follow up emails to my interviewers thanking them, but never heard anything back. I emailed them, along with my HR contact, a week later but never heard a thing. Pretty rude honestly, I drove 3 hours for the interview and the night before they moved my interview from 3pm to 11am. Frankly I'm glad I didn't get the job but I was still peeved never hearing anything from them.

Interview Questions
    • The questions aren't difficult but they require you to really think in depth about past experiences, and have multiple takeaways from them.   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB in January 2013.

Submitted resume, met at career fair and phone interview.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CEB in January 2014.

I applied online, was contacted by a recruiter, one phone interview, invited to their interview day and flown out, then had a day of presentations and at the end a building tour, which they call a job shadow, and a 2:1 interview.

Interview Questions
    • how did you determine someone's values and use them as a way to close a sale   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CEB in January 2014.

Although I am currently a senior at my university, I missed the hiring period for my school so I applied online after their deadline. This was not an issue. A recruiter emailed me within a week of my submission and we set up a time to do a phone interview about a week after. The phone interview was a rundown of my history and basic behavioral questions- nothing out of the ordinary. You will need to take a personality test and a reading comprehension test. This went well and I was invited to attend a final round with about 15 other applicants in Arlington about a month later. They put me up in a hotel the night before and we arrived early and had about three hours in the morning dedicated to presentations about the company. You can almost go into this day not knowing anything about the company. After lunch, you will sit in a 45 minute interview with two managers and they will ask you to give a run-down of your resume and ask you three basic behavioral questions- no case, nothing tricky. Following this you will shadow a BDA for about half an hour and then leave. Pretty simple day that went by quickly.

Interview Questions
    • I would make sure you are familiar with CEB's challenger sales approach. This was a big portion of what they talked about. The behavioral questions are pretty standard with everywhere I've interviewed, just make sure you know yourself and have good examples from your experience. Follow the CAR model in telling your answers (Circumstance, Action, Result) and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Applied online and was contacted by recruiter to schedule an initial phone screen. Phone screen was very simple, mostly informational with a few behavioral/sales questions. Asked to come in and interview with Revenue Support Manager and the Director of Marketing and Communications. Don't think that I would've heard back without my tireless follow up attempts.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your actions have convinced your supervisor to ask you for advice or help unsolicited.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at CEB in March 2013.

Applied online and first contact was a general phone interview. The phone interview was a positive experience and the recruiter was actually quite pleasant and engaged. Following the phone interview, I took an online assessment which was a pretty standard job assessment. Shortly after the assessment, I was contacted by the recruiter and informed that I passed the assessment at which time she offered the possibility of interviewing in person. Over the next few days, the recruiter scheduled an interview. I was greeted by a receptionist and led into a small room. This part of the interview process was a complete nightmare and felt more like an interrogation as opposed to a true judgement of my character and work ethic. While I understand behavioral interviewing techniques, this was ridiculous, unprofessional and completely turned me off. (I'm not joking.. I would have declined an offer if one had eventually been made; thats how bad this was). Initially, the greeting was ok and after sitting down, the interviewers didn't once mention a single thing on my resume, give me a chance to talk about myself or what I had to offer the company. Instead, they asked narrow and to be frank completely pointless questions. All of the questions asked were generic "Explain a time when you were faced with a tough sale and began losing it, what did you do... so on so forth". No matter what response I gave (always the truth), they gave each other a funny look and practically made me feel stupid. Both of these individuals were young, wouldn't qualify for a similar position at another company and came off completely unprofessional (at least in my opinion). Its interesting; the firm describes itself as a member based advisory firm that advise on best practices in several specific areas yet you think they would look more into creating a positive interview process. I completely understand if I didn't happen to be the right candidate and I applaud whoever got the position but if you want an honest assessment.. you'll do better elsewhere.

- I could prepare and lie my way through their process (questions far too generic). The questions don't prove anything.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were unexpected, narrow and completely useless for really determining the quality of a candidate.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CEB in February 2013.

I submitted my resume, and had a phone interview. From there, I did two online assessments. I was then invited and flown in to the HQ in DC. We were given office tours, lunch, and I had a behavioral interview with 2 managers.

Interview Questions
    • In the behavioral interview, some of the questions were pretty tough. The majority of the questions revolved around my sales experience. Because it was an entry level position, they said I could use examples from classes or extracurriculars, too.   Answer Question
    I was offered a bonus of $10,000, and an initial salary of $40,000 as a Level 1 BDX Associate. Commission starts at Level 2. They offered full medical, dental and vision and a 401K plan. Other benefits included a gym membership, cell phone discounts, public transportation discounts, and tuition reimbursement. There were 9 holidays, and an additional 20ish paid days off per calendar year.

Business Development Associate Interview

Applied through school recruiting, couldn't make the scheduled on-campus time, so had to reschedule for a phone interview. Very basic behavioral questions. Lots surrounding customer-service, sales, etc. I sent a thank you email, but never heard back. They never even got back to me about not continuing on the process. I had to email them (a month or so later - I know, very late, but the position wasn't right for after learning more about it).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you had to sell a product to someone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB in October 2012.

Applied through my campus career development center. Before the on-campus interview I had to complete a two-part online assessment as part of a first round screening process. One assessment, the Hogan Development Survey, asked to describe yourself and the way you approach your day to day work. The second, Hogan Business Reasoning Inventory, examined how you approach the analysis of information and how you solve problems.

In the on-campus interview the recruiter asked very basic behavioral questions which were all a variation of pretty standard questions (not too hard). The recruiter was not very interested in small talk or connecting on a more personal, off-the-books level, and was just there to do her job. This turned me off, thus lowering my interest in the job and the result was a very mediocre interview where I did not get asked back for a second round.

Interview Questions
    • No question was particularly difficult for as far as I got in the interview process. Practice basic behavioral interview questions and you should be fine. Nothing too far off from what is standard.   Answer Question

Worked for CEB? Contribute to the Community!