CEB

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engagement Manager Interview

Engagement Manager
Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CEB in October 2012.

Interview Details – Had an initial few calls with the internal recruiter (very nice), who asked for general questions, then a slightly more detailed interview to screen to see if I was a good fit.

Scheduled main interview - went into the CEB headquarters (great building) and interview with a few people, each a different type of interview. For all of them I was given an HBR article about a piece of the company's research (several days in advance), and for the first person I had to summarize the person mentioned in the article in one word (and explain why). For the second person I had to talk about how I would use the ideas from the article to persuade a C level exec. Third person was a standard behavioral interview where we talked about the role and the company.

Good process overall - took a little while but everyone was nice and helpful. Took the job, and am very happy at the company so far.

Interview Question – The piece around persuading the ceo was the toughest - I think its easy to slip into BS with those questions so the hard part is keeping it realistic while still doing a good job selling your ideas.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't really negotiate at all, which was pretty dumb. I was very excited for the offer and jumped on it too quickly.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at CEB

Worked for CEB? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CEB Engagement Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by CEB employees and interview candidates.