CEB Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Contacted through a recruiter. Brief screening interview with her, followed by a phone interview with CEB HR team. Final round interview was a video conference call over a web application called hirevue. Very straight forward interview, asked about work experience and then about 5 behavioral questions. Not overly difficult if you follow the CAR apporach.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at CEB in July 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was pretty easy. They broke it up into 3 parts, the first part is the person who is interviewing you tells you about themselves, then they ask you behavioral questions to get to know you, and lastly they ask you job related questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to present on a topic you knew a lot about.   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CEB in June 2015.

Interview

I received a call from the recruiter shortly after I applied. We went over my background and resume. Once she thought I would be an ideal fit for the position, she told me I had to pass the aptitude test (you complete it online). After passing the aptitude test, I was scheduled for an interview via video conference ( I don't live in Chicago yet, I'm on the west coast). I had to submit an accomplishment record (writing sample) prior to the interview. The recruiter was pretty helpful and gave me tips to do well on the interview. The actual interview itself felt difficult. I felt like the interviewer kept trying to throw me off, but once I touched based with the recruiter a few days after the interview she offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Has a client ever been disappointed with you after you could not provide something for them? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Employee Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB.

Interview

The first round was an online process. Once cleared, the next was an in-person round. Then on clearing that, was a telephonic round with HR. Then if we are good, there was one more with a senior person in the office.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB.

Interview

Everyone within the hiring team was helpful and welcoming. There were several stages to the interview - screening, multiple online assessments, and a final face-to-face interview. Process took just a little over two weeks. Company very much focuses on diversity. Know your background, own it. Be confident. I would say, go in to these interviews with at least 4 or 5 examples with a STAR approach.

Interview Questions

• - Give me a time you dealt with a difficult situation and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview and then was flown to the Arlington office for an in-person interview a week after the phone interview. I met with two managers for 30 minutes each. The first was great but the second seemed like she was rushing through all of her questions. There were a lot of behavioral questions (probably 10) and discussion of my experience and resume. There were also questions about what kind of manager and team I would like to work with. They also had me answer two situational questions and proofread a document. Questions were a little more difficult then I had expected for an entry level position and were fired at me very quickly from the second manager. Was informed a week later I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for CEB and what would I bring to the company?   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone screening with HR and was then invited to come in for a second round interview the following week. My interview was in the Arlington HQ where I had a one-on-one in-person interview and phone interview. It was a very organized and structured process.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions regarding resume, give an example of how you dealt with a situation where things did not go as planned, give an example of how you took leadership or initiative   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CEB.

Interview

I was contacted by an outside recruiter who introduced the idea of interviewing. I was then contacted by the talent acquisition department for the initial interview. They dove straight into behavioral questions, which caught me a little off guard. I made it to the second round with an assessment that takes around an hour. Following they requested I complete an accomplishment record to have written record prior to my final interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to solve a problem quickly and what was the result. Tell me a time when you were influenced by another's culture and what impact did that have. Tell me a time when you used the art of persuasion and how did you influence someone to your idea.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CEB (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online and knew someone who worked at the company. A few weeks to a couple months later I was contacted for a phone interview. There was a phone Interview then an in person interview. It was straightforward other than the ridiculous consulting questions asked at the in-person. (That's really all I have to say)

Interview Questions

• Ridiculous consulting questions like how many ants can you fit in a football stadium on a saturday.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online & got an email a week later asking for a 30 minute phone interview to discuss previous experience and suitability for the role and the firm at large. Friendly recruiter and asked standard questions. Why interested in this particular role - Why CEB - Take me through your resume.

Interview Questions

• Why interested in this particular role - Why CEB - Take me through your resume   Answer Question