CEB

Updated Feb 28, 2015
Updated Feb 28, 2015

2.9

Member Support Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CEB.

Applied online to CEB. Within a few days, they responded asking for an interview. They requested availability and a number to call. Once confirmed, I interviewed within a week. They asked for a second interview.

Account Management Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CEB.

I was interviewed by two guys in the Sales Department. I didn't have much sales experience at the time, but they were able to provide me with some good guidance on the industry. I did not get a job offer, but I thought the interview went okay and was professionally done.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CEB.

Submitted initial CV through campus portal. Was emailed by recruiter a couple of weeks later. Made me complete an online assessment dealing with logic, mathematical, computational, and behavioral question. After completing that, had to go through a behavioral interview with the recruiter. Final round was an hour long behavioral and an hour long case question.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult behavioral questions if you are not prepared. Study the CEB ToolKit page. Case question: You work for the government and want to purchase a new fleet of hybrid busses. Answer the following: 1) How much will the new buses cost 2) What should we price the fare at now 3) How do we communicate this new project with the public   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CEB.

I applied online and through my school job site in December. Was asked to complete the online assessment and have a 30-45 minute behavioral interview in January. Will have the interview on Wednesday and update questions.

Open (Non-specific) Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CEB in January 2015.

Several years ago I worked for the company as an intern, and I'm on the job market again. My former manager passed my resume on to a recruiter, and she gave me an informal, non-position-specific phone interview to get to know me. I then completed an online assessment package, including a logic test and a couple of general work ethic assessments. I haven't heard anything from them yet.

Interview Questions
    • The logic test was extremely difficult, but I'm sure it's difficult for everyone. I wouldn't reveal any specific questions even if I could remember them, because they're confidential.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB in January 2015.

Took about 2 weeks for an email and then it was followed by a phone interview. The person who I interview with was very pleasant, and answered all my questions regarding pay, vacation time, religious holiday etc. The questions that were asked were very general questions, for example, what would I contribute to the company, where do I see myself within the next 2 years.

Interview Questions
    • what would I contribute to the company, where do I see myself within the next 2 years?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CEB in January 2015.

I met with CEB at a career fair at school and was told that my resume seemed to align with employees that the company considered for this position. However, I was quickly rejected after applying with no interview. I later got an interview when a friend who was hired recommended me and was requested to fill out an assessment online. The interview was about half an hour and took place over the phone. About half of it was discussing the company and position and answering questions I had. This was followed by about 3 or 4 questions designed to be a behavioral interview. However these were so vague as to be almost unhelpful, especially since they asked to focus on specific instances. My interviewer was nice but it seemed ill-suited for me to sell myself to the company, especially in such a short amount of time.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you conduct research.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a current event in the news relating to business and expand on how you understand it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had difficulty in a group project.   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CEB.

Pretty standard interview process. Behavioral questions and walk through of my resume. I applied online in about September, got contacted in late November/early December to do a phone interview. Following this there was a critical reasoning online test and a personality test. Last, there was a 2 person Skype interview. Overall, supportive process, no questions that were out of the blue or too challenging.

Interview Questions
    Not really any negotiation.

Business Development Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CEB.

The process was pretty stress-free. I applied through my school and a recruiter reached out to me shortly after. I had a phone interview with her and a couple weeks later she informed me that I would be moving on to the final round. The final round was set in Chicago, IL with 4 other students (they hold multiple rounds like these throughout the year). There were several presentations...I walked out of there knowing so much more about the company than I did walking in. Everyone is extremely nice; most BDAs are straight out of college. I then had my behavioral interview with one of the managers and a recruiter. They were very nice as well. It was basic behavioral questions, nothing too hard. Just be confident in yourself, know why you want the position and why you want to work at CEB.

Interview Questions
    • "Give me a time when a manager came to you for a project. Why do you think they came to you for that specific project? What did you do?"   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Sales Development Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CEB.

Initial phone interview went great, talked with the recruiter and established a quick and friendly bond. Quickly completed the assessment after the phone interview, returned it to my recruiter and was contacted within 2 days about being flown out for a final round interview. Final round was not as planned, was supposed to be a panel interview with 2 individuals and only one showed up, and did not address the absence until I asked about it. Behavioral interviews are difficult and I prepped well, but I wasn't asked questions like "why do you want to work here?" or other simplistic questions that I expected. Went straight into the behavioral questions after a bit of small talk.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to understand someone's values in order to sell them on something.   Answer Question